Author Topic: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?  (Read 54059 times)

Laschek

Re: Warehouse Visit(s) - anyone up for some dedicated games?
« Reply #165 on: March 07, 2012, 02:15:38 PM »
go out and enjoy the sun! 8)

The what?  ???

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 07, 2012, 02:55:56 PM »
if you spot any inconsistencies, please let me know, otherwise: FINGERS CROSSED!!! hope those prices are within an acceptable range and not on paul50s level! 8)

If they are, then let me do the price negotiations, went pretty well last time at Paul's.  ;D ;D

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 07, 2012, 03:02:09 PM »
Well, it doesn't matter : there are, for sure, some unknown gems in that warehouse  :).

perhaps some unknown GERMS as well! :D
Little mistake well spotted Ully ;D ;D.

;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2012, 03:02:33 PM »
If they are, then let me do the price negotiations, went pretty well last time at Paul's.  ;D ;D

gladly, but that guy is so much different from paul, let's see ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2012, 05:42:44 PM »
Thats why I listed the title "Atarians"  ;)

Others are Hercules  ;D, Middle Earth, Superman, Airborne Avenger, Space riders, time 2000.

But Atarians is the most interesting for us.
Unfortunately no Pins from Atari there in this Warehouse. All Pins are from mid 80s to 90s.

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2012, 08:38:52 PM »
Ully, what do you think you keep informed?  :oops:

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2012, 01:34:59 PM »
the suspence is killing me  :spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 10, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
ok guys, just got off the phone with the operator (finally)! let me start with a short recap: when i was over last saturday with toralf he clearly stated that he is not interested in selling just one or two of the games he has because it's way too much hassle for him. i'm sure toralf can confirm that. that's why i started organizing the bulk buy here!

on the phone he basically told me the complete opposite! he has taken over the business from his father half a year ago with his dad still running around in the background. he told me he had done some searching on the internet and was surprised about the money people still pay for games (and he especially mentioned arcade games, although i have no idea where he even found a price for super sprint or tehkan world cup). he also told me that he doesn't know in which direction the gambling business will be heading, if he is still around in 5 years time with his business and therefore wants to keep a large part of his machines as a money investment for the future. he said he doesn't need the money right now because he's doing fine financially. he is 100% positive that everything he has will increase in value drastically! furthermore, his father has established the business over a period of i don't know how many years and if he decided to sell off a large part of the collection, he would feel like betraying his father (in a way, i somehow can understand that). he has the space to keep the stuff stored, so there's no necessity for getting rid off everything. additionally, he just doesn't have the time (and probably the motivation) to come up with prices for each game we were interested in!

with that being said, he also told me that he would consider selling individual games if the price is right, but those prices need to be determined by you first! if we come to an agreement, we would have to get the games out in a cloak-and-dagger operation without his father getting wind of it!

of course, we all would have to wear this then 8) :arrow:

to cut a long story short: if you are really interested in stuff from his place, send me a good offer (which doesn't offend him) for it and i'll forward it to him. i MIGHT make him an offer on the jukebox and perhaps even on the super sprint, don't know yet!

i'm really sorry that those aren't good news, but i was afraid that something like that would happen. he inherited certain traits from his father and we probably just have to accept the fact that this is not going to be the deal of the century - unfortunately!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2012, 09:14:54 AM »
Very hard to make an offer when it's unknown wether the machines (pinballs) run or not.
Not knowing the cosmetical condition (playfield f.i.) adds to this.

Unwritten rule in such cases is to presume it's not working. And that presumption would lead to an offer that wìll offend him.

This and the distance involved for the pick-up .... well I guess I just won't offer him a price and search elswhere.
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball
On the way: Daytona USA

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »
That guy is a loser.

So, if he thinks, like his dad, that he is sitting on a goldmine which is getting bigger and bigger, then he probably is also thinking in gold bars.

I don't hope that this has been a waste of time for us, but especially for you Ully, because you invested already some time in it, which is appreciated very much.  :)

Anyway, I don't have a clue how much certain pinballs should cost, also because there is no information available about the technical and cosmetical condition of the pinballs. And the jukebox world is even more mysterious for me. But others on the forum are pretty familiar with this stuff, perhaps we should discuss prices here amongst each others, to establish our offers to the owner. Is that an idea?

So, what is a reasonable price for the pinballs I'm interested in (and in technical and cosmetical good condition):

High Speed: ?
Fun House: ?

Jukebox: seeburg STD 160 jukebox ?

Edit: just read Onno's reply, he is probably right, it might be better to forget about this and move on to the next opportunity. Fortunately pinballs are pretty easy to find.

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2012, 09:20:33 AM »
Funhouse got quite expensive in the last 2 years. Nice ones start at 750,-- (best case)
current line up: 3 x New Astro City 2x Atomiswave SD, 3 x Aero (2 NOS) and Aero Table
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »
Funhouse got quite expensive in the last 2 years. Nice ones start at 750,-- (best case)

So he ís sitting on a goldmine  ;D ;D Well, let him sit there.

ElPancho

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2012, 09:28:19 AM »
Oh, no doubt his pins have _some_  value. He just needs to put in more effort. Hook them up, take photo's and make a full desciption and set a price.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:31:17 AM by ElPancho »
Pac Man
Black Knight pinball

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:37 AM »
Oh, no doubt his pins have _some_  value. He just needs to put in more effort. Hook them up, take photo's and make a full desciption and set a price.

+1
It is impossible to make an offer without seeing the details. :-\
Anyway, thanks for this great effort Ully. ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »
He just needs to put in more effort. Hook them up, take photo's and make a full desciption and set a price.

that's exactly what he does NOT want to do because he thinks like this: "either someone is making me a good offer now without me having to go through a lot of trouble OR i will sell those machines in 10 - 20 years for double / triple the price!".

anyway, if anyone is still interested, send me an offer as-is (unseen, untested) and i will tell him exactly that: those machines are unseen & untested, so that's our offer. i have a bad feeling though what the answer is going to be ... :evil: