Author Topic: my next restoration(s) - what'll it be???  (Read 27271 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
my next restoration(s) - what'll it be???
« on: July 25, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »
school holidays are approaching fast and with a lot of current restorations close to being finished, i'm already planning my next projects. there are some which i'd love to get started (like Death Race), but simply can't because not all of the reproduction parts are available. in no particular order, here are the ones which are "available" right now:

- moon patrol
- domino man
- championship sprint
- pac-land
- jungle king
- ikari warriors

i could also do galaga and ms pac-man, but i don't know when the replacement artwork for the first is going to arrive (andré?) and for the latter i don't want to spend that much money on the stencils at the moment, that's why i'm pushing those two cabinets back a little bit!

as for the others: i have collected most of the parts needed, some are still coming in, but once i'm done with the cabinet's shell, all the parts should be here!

so guys, which restoration(s) would you like to see next? you can choose more than one, because i'm planning on working at two or three games simultaneously 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: my next restoration(s) - what'll it be???
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:02:31 PM »
I vote for this  :arrow:

:P ;)

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:03:10 PM »
so guys, which restoration(s) would you like to see next? you can choose more than one, because i'm planning on working at two or three games simultaneously 8)

Mmmmmmhhhh .....

1. Moon Patrol
2. Domino Man
3. Jungle King

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:40:41 PM »

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:43:06 PM »
because moon patrol is #1 on your list, u'll so motivated that u'll finish it in snap ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:59:18 PM »
the problem with moon patrol is going to be finding the right blue for the touchups of the artwork. i've never seen a shade of blue like the one used on the cabinet  ???
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
Jungle King and Ikari Warriors, who knows why.....! ;D ;)

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
I vote for championshiop sprint and jungle king: the first one because i am in love with "sprint" series games, the second one because i have never seen a jungle king in decent shape and the "Ully-restoration-process-TM" will give to that machine a new birth ;)
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »
Easy:

#1: - moon patrol / - jungle king
#2: - domino man
#3: - championship sprint
#4: - Ikari Warriors
#5: - pac-land

About the Moon Patrol color: why not bring it into the DIY store for a color sample ? It's only 4 stories down and back up again....... :D

To help you out with this I offer to bring the MP down stairs. Then load it into my car so you don't have to worry about the color matching and/or dragging it back up again.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 03:38:52 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 05:09:08 PM »
About the Moon Patrol color: why not bring it into the DIY store for a color sample ? It's only 4 stories down and back up again....... :D
To help you out with this I offer to bring the MP down stairs. Then load it into my car so you don't have to worry about the color matching and/or dragging it back up again.  ;D ;D

very kind of you, andré, but where's the where you're dragging the cabinet back up again into MY apartment alone? ;) ;) ;)

serious: of course i've been thinking about having the colors scanned, but the problem are the 4 stories down and up again. PLUS: patrik has to drop out for a couple of weeks because of a herniated vertebral disk - ouch :o! that's what you get from carrying too many arcade games around ... :-[

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 10:01:35 PM »
It's a good thing we don't live in the US Ully, because Patrick would probably sue you !

Sorry to hear, give my regards to Patrick, he's a nice bloke !

So there's no CP or something small to take to the store ? I did read that there are "wireless"(forgive me, can't think of a better word) scanners too, but who will lend out one of those expensive things ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 10:31:54 PM »
So there's no CP or something small to take to the store ? I did read that there are "wireless"(forgive me, can't think of a better word) scanners too, but who will lend out one of those expensive things ?

nope, nothing small with the same colors and from what i've heard, those mobile scanners are crap. i'll have to think about the color matching problem some more. unfortunately for my part but luckily for bruno his moon patrol cab doesn't need touchups or he's happy with the way his cab looks, because otherwise i would have waited for another round of his famous "cab drive-in scan stories" ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:56 AM »
Just go to your storage, put a blind fold on and tick two or three cabs because it really doesn't matter which ones you do next. They all will be exciting to follow while getting the SUPERULLY TREATMENT  :spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 11:06:53 AM »
Just go to your storage, put a blind fold on and tick two or three cabs because it really doesn't matter which ones you do next. They all will be exciting to follow while getting the SUPERULLY TREATMENT  :spaceace:

+1 !  :spaceace:

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 02:21:49 PM »
Ully, what about your Joust 2? Are you waiting for Andrè to work on the board? Have you reinstalled the electrical parts? Your vacations could be perfect to go on also with this proj, aren't they?  ;)
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"