Author Topic: Arcade lovers: Stop paying multiple shipping from the US to Europe!  (Read 4386 times)

zapposh

• View Profile
    • replay
As many of us order lots things in the US, I wanted to share with you how I get by paying shipping and customs to Europe every time.

I have an account with http://www.bpm-lux.com, which basically for 5 euros er month gives you addresses in 6 countries, including the US and UK. These are street addresses and not mailboxes, so every vendor accepts them!

You then order all your stuff from different locations in the US lets say, and when you're done, it is consolidated and shipped in one go to your housedoor, on top of it for cheaper than the regular carrier shipping, as they have some sort of deal or something.

Anyway, I use it, it works great, so I thought you guys should also take advantage of it. :) :pac: :ghost:

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Arcade lovers: Stop paying multiple shipping from the US to Europe!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
Can i ship a cab that way?? Or is it only parcels??

zapposh

• View Profile
    • replay
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:50:21 AM »
Anything up to 150 kilos, so I suspect a cab too, but if I were you I would drop them an email just to be sure.

But I have also been contemplating using this for cabs, but have only tried for parcels so far.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 12:44:51 PM »
sounds interesting, thx for sharing! how long can you collect packages at a certain address? and can you tell us something about shipping charges? what do we have to expect? and what about customs? do you need a bill / proff of payment for each individual item inside the box then?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

zapposh

• View Profile
    • replay
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 06:40:53 PM »
You can store your "shopping" for free for 30 days at your US address before shipping it over to Europe. You can leave it longer, but they charge you storage costs, which I think are very low, but don't know how much.

When you're ready they pack all the boxes into one box and cummulate the customs declaration into one.
I don't remember the weight I had, but several orders were regrouped into one and it cost 70€ to ship. I would say it was around 7-10 kilos.