Author Topic: WAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOO !!! I've got one of my "Dream Machines" !  (Read 76120 times)

WunderCade

• View Profile
Re: WAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOOO !!! I've got one of my "Dream Machines" !
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 01:07:11 AM »
Sorry guys, but I thought you'd like to know it sooner than later.

About 3 years ago I found a stash of 4 NOS CPO's at an old Ops liquidation, I think you remember that thread Andre, over on BYOAC. Anyways, I sold three and have only one left which is for my restoration. They are hard to come by but they do pop on eBay now and then, but you have to have a keen eye to catch them.

I wish I still had the extras as I would definitely send them to my fellow arcade brothers in Europe!!!

But hey, don't be too sad, you got the cabs!!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »
I have got an original one, to bad it has a piece missing in the corner.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2010, 12:32:43 PM »
But hey, don't be too sad, you got the cabs!!!!

Thats the most important i would say !  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2010, 10:13:01 AM »
Soooooo, it was time to wake the Ms. from her winter sleep !

Yesterday Erik came over for a general "arcade" visit. Since he'd bought a NOS Pac Man marquee from Robin (who lives in the same town as I do) and since Robin contacted me that he had a great 220V->110V transformer for me I of course invited Robin to come over too. I would have loved to invite some more guys here, but the realitiy is that at this moment there's very little room in my gameroom and I hope to do a proper opening this summer so keep your eye out for that :D

Here's the transformer that Robin brought (thanks VERY much Robin !!!)

Excellent Dutch quality !! Robin, thank you _VERY_ much for the transformer !!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

I had already picked up the Ms.Pac from the storage and exchanged it with the Meteor which is waiting for it's trip to Denmark now....

After some nice chatting and working on Gravitar and esp. the WG6100 monitor we headed fort the game room because we all wanted to get the Ms. Pac up and running.

I quickly (temporarely) installed the transformer. Checked the output voltage and it was 120VAC. Checked the voltage setting on the Ms.Pac and it was connected to the 117 VAC lug, so that was close enough.

Hooked it all up and:

YESSSSS, it still worked FINE !   :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

But that faded marquee......or is it really faded. We discussed the possibility that this may actually have been a running that was simply missing the pink color. Who knows what all happened at the factories at that time ?
Anyway, I prefer the one that includes the pink because it looks much better and Erik was _VERY_ kind to offer his Ms. Pac Marquee (that came from his Pac Man) for my cabinet. Thanks very much for that kind donation Erik !!!! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

So you already see me removing the top retainer there....

Installed the one from Erik. We examined it and concluded it well may be a repro, but if so it looks a TON better than two-shit's version !!!

In fact there's not a single scratch or other defect on it and looks NEW !:

Robin had a request, he wanted the sizes of the cabinet for some future repro plans for some weird game that happens to be in the same cabinet (the guys mentioned it's name, but somehow I just keep forgetting it...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D)

Of course, how could I refuse after his kind donation ?   ;D ;D

So we rolled out the Ms. and carefully put it on it's side on some cardboard pieces that Robin brought:

ANOTHER extremely kind donation was done by Oliver and since the cab was now already on it's side, it was the perfect time to install them:

Gotta love those Teflon feet, I'm going to have to order a good number of them !
Oliver, thanks !!!!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Funny to have parts from 3 fellow collectors on the machine, you all earned life-long free-play on the Ms.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

One last "outside" shot (for now):

Although I may not have shown it, I was loving every second the day :)

A machine I never dreamed to own, one I played the most in my youth (probably on some generic cab though, I don't remember !) here, working and well in my gameroom ! I'm in love  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Back in the gameroom:

The machine is running a variation of Ms. Pac (probably Ms.Pac Attack. Of course I want to be able to play the REAL game so I will exchange the EPROMS OR I may go for a multi-kit. I definitely want a high-score saver on it .

The joystick works VERY well. I LOOOOVEEEEE the Pac joystick, IMHO the best EVER !
One of the reasons for selecting this cab from the three was that the joystick was feeling the best, the others were WAY worse.....

Anyway, it was a fun day, and as always, there was WAY too few time to do all we wanted that day, but it won't be the last time we see eachother !

THANKS FRIENDS !!!! YOU GUYS ROCK !!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2010, 12:04:55 PM »
She looks beautiful, she really does.

By the way, the name of the game is GALAGA. Do you copy that, André: GALAGA. Do I have to repeat it? GALAGA Imho a much better game than Galaxian.  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »
She looks beautiful, she really does.

By the way, the name of the game is GALAGA. Do you copy that, André: GALAGA. Do I have to repeat it? GALAGA Imho a much better game than Galaxian.  ;D

See, that's how adult people can be friends and still differ in opinion. We can exchange our views in a mature and dignified way. Some like this. Others like that....

GALAGA SUCKS !!!!!

Galaxian rules

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 04:37:16 PM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
.... both games rules - in their own way!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2010, 08:21:54 PM »
I was just teasing. I was teasing Robin & Erik about Ga-ga-ga-la-ga (heard to write it ;) ) when they were over here last saturday .....it was sort of a running joke ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2010, 08:30:16 PM »
Pleiads rulezzz  ;D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »
hehe i know, don´t worry, but again, both games are great in their own way  :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2010, 09:13:50 PM »
ANOTHER extremely kind donation was done by Oliver and since the cab was now already on it's side, it was the perfect time to install those Teflon feet

@andré: any idea where oliver got them from? i bought mine from a guy in the usa, but i got the last couple of sets he had, that's why i'm looking for a new source  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
thx scr33n, i've seen those on one of your games already. they are different from the ones i have , but i'd take them if i couldn't find "my brand"!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2010, 10:18:10 PM »
ANOTHER extremely kind donation was done by Oliver and since the cab was now already on it's side, it was the perfect time to install those Teflon feet

@andré: any idea where oliver got them from? i bought mine from a guy in the usa, but i got the last couple of sets he had, that's why i'm looking for a new source  ;)
No idea ! Drop him a PM ! :D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »
André, this marquee looks the same like yours, also without the pink. Could be very well original, they just ran out of pink color at the time at that day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ms-Pacman-Galaga-60-in-1-multicade-arcade-machine_W0QQitemZ190382938607QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c53b519ef

By the way, if I check out those cab prices on ebay.com then it is obvious that we really had a great deal at Paul's.  :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:57:15 AM by ckong »