Author Topic: DL LLC or Digital Lesiure DL sequels?  (Read 5951 times)

justinpatters

• View Profile
DL LLC or Digital Lesiure DL sequels?
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »
Has anyone heard, with the recent success of DL and SA on the iPhone and through WiiWare, if there are any new sequels to Dragon's Lair/Space Ace in the works?  I figure that just like with the original DL, the animators could reuse cell sequences to develop new adventures with Dirk and the gang (how many times did Dirk swing his sword in the same way?).  It could easily be done in Flash and completed in high quality rather quickly.  Again, didn't know if this is a possiblity in the future...but I would pay 5.00 for an authorized, animated DL sequel...even if it were shorter in length!

-J

Maverick

• View Profile
Re: DL LLC or Digital Lesiure DL sequels?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 10:24:03 PM »
Has anyone heard, with the recent success of DL and SA on the iPhone and through WiiWare, if there are any new sequels to Dragon's Lair/Space Ace in the works?  I figure that just like with the original DL, the animators could reuse cell sequences to develop new adventures with Dirk and the gang (how many times did Dirk swing his sword in the same way?).  It could easily be done in Flash and completed in high quality rather quickly.  Again, didn't know if this is a possiblity in the future...but I would pay 5.00 for an authorized, animated DL sequel...even if it were shorter in length!

-J

I quote,

even a blu ray version would be great

Mav

justinpatters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »
Has anyone heard, with the recent success of DL and SA on the iPhone and through WiiWare, if there are any new sequels to Dragon's Lair/Space Ace in the works?  I figure that just like with the original DL, the animators could reuse cell sequences to develop new adventures with Dirk and the gang (how many times did Dirk swing his sword in the same way?).  It could easily be done in Flash and completed in high quality rather quickly.  Again, didn't know if this is a possiblity in the future...but I would pay 5.00 for an authorized, animated DL sequel...even if it were shorter in length!

-J

I quote,

even a blu ray version would be great

For
Mav
For Blu Ray, I'd pay full price, even  if it were for a shorter game.  I mean, you know they have the Dan Monila "Dirk Voices" from DL3D, so they could reuse them.  And Flash cartoons, even by hobbiests, are completed with high quality and rather quickly.  I don't know...seems like a no brainer to me, lol.  Maybe I'm just being selfish!  ;)

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 11:44:08 PM »
I quote,

for BD full price,

I think you're not selfish just a fan who would like to see an animated sequel (after 30 years is more than justified)

Mav

METALHEAD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
The iphone actually doesn't have flash player so to speak.  Well not yet anyway :)