Author Topic: Hanterax MTC9000 for Dragons Lair question  (Read 18703 times)

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
Re: Hanterax MTC9000 for Dragons Lair question
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2009, 12:47:51 AM »
Hi thanks for the info, but I'm confused! First of all I'm not sure that I have a hanterex mtc9000 or weather it's a mtc 990?

MTC990 doesn't exist. Yours can be either MTC9000, MTC900E or MTC900. In all cases what said about the power supply stays valid. Beware that a MTC900 won't work properly with a euro Dragon's lair pcb without a HW modification.

How do you tell?

It's usually written on a label on the monitor chassis. If it has fallen off, just search for each monitor manual on internet and compare pictures from the manual with yours. Or take a picture and post it here.
It's better to double check what you have before posting such questions on forums...

Matteo

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2009, 12:53:00 AM »
Or take a picture and post it here.
It's better to double check what you have before posting such questions on forums...

Matteo

I think Giddy has found himself today in one of those classic situations in which we think everything works and then discover that something is not going at it should

I already told him to post a photo because any information of his monitor has fallen

He can be confused, but in good faith

He'll post a photo and tell him the right procedure

Mav

Ps= good you precised the degradation process

Giddygoon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 10:10:53 AM »
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all, when it comes down to removing CRT's from chasis's , I'm ok! I've had to do it a number of times to hanterex polos or WG to get them repaired! I won't sticking my fingers under any anode cap unless it's been discharged!

I can confirm that it is a hanterex mtc9000, I found the manual. I'm going to fit the Hanterex psu somewhere in side my DL cab and then connect to the MTC and then that should work!!

If It does then I will let you all know, with some piccys too!

Happy Christmas and Happy new year to all on the forum!

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2009, 10:35:39 AM »
I can confirm that it is a hanterex mtc9000, I found the manual. I'm going to fit the Hanterex psu somewhere in side my DL cab and then connect to the MTC and then that should work!!

As I already said in my earlier post, there's no need to install another supply to see if it works. You can use the original monitor supply from the Atari Dragon's lair wiring harness, with a connector adaptation. You can also leave degaussing power supply input disconnected if you don't think you'll need it.

Matteo

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »
before doing anything you have got to discharge the tubes

No, this is completely unnecessary if you remove the monitor with the chassis attached to it. As long as you keep your fingers away from the suction cup nothing can happen

In fact, you better don't, there is a risk that you don't do it properly and you damage the pins of the suction cup, or that you do get a shock if you don't discharge properly

Jou can handle the monitor and chassis frame without any risk

one tip though: pull up your sleeves and wear gloves. Not for safety reasons, but because the frame can be veriy dirty.

ck  ;)

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2009, 12:47:57 PM »
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you all,I won't sticking my fingers under any anode cap unless it's been discharged!

I'm going to fit the Hanterex psu somewhere in side my DL cab and then connect to the MTC and then that should work!!

If It does then I will let you all know, with some piccys too!

Ok, I wait for you

Mav

Giddygoon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 09:20:03 AM »
Hi everyone!

I have now transfered my Hanterax MTC 9000 monitor, everything works but I blew the lamp in the marquee, can anybody tell me what the output from the socket neon lamp on the hanterax us250 hanterax psu, I took out the Atari original. What I should do to get the dragons lair marquee working again! Also when I switched it on first time the marquee came on but there was a loud humming sound so I switched if off and the lamp does not come on at all now, voltage problem I think!

The monitor is working great, also are there any other colour controls on the back of the mtc9000? I can only find hv/vh,focus and brightsness controls? No colour!!

The Dragons lair is the Atari uk version

if anybody can help, thanks again and happy new year!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 09:28:29 AM by Giddygoon »

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 11:31:11 AM »
can anybody tell me what the output from the socket neon lamp on the hanterax us250 hanterax psu

The monitor is working great, also are there any other colour controls on the back of the mtc9000?

http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Monitors/

Giddygoon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2010, 07:37:24 PM »
Hi all!

Sorry to ask again, but I can't read electrical wiring diagrams. I've installed the Hanterax MTC 9000 monitor in the Atari DL cab and also in installed a Hanterax Us250 psu and taken out the Atari original..... by the way it's for sale if anybody wants it....it would have to pick only tho. Now my new problem, on the psu it has a neon lamp out, I connected it to the original atari lamp, it came on, with a very loud hum then went off. Now some of you here have Sidnam cabs that run of A Hanterax psu what lamp and starter unit are you using. Can I use the original parts in the marquee or do I have to change something?? Sorry to ask again but I never changed a psu before.

Other than that it's working great, no TV, no remote control. Which I had to use every time I turned it on..);

thanks to everyone who has helped so far, otherwise I would have damaged the monitor for sure

« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 07:41:13 PM by Giddygoon »

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2010, 12:26:35 AM »
Sorry to ask again, but I can't read electrical wiring diagrams.

It's only a figure. You only needed to look at the connectors output pinouts and figure out the voltages that are being supplied. There's no electronic knowledge needed here. Lazy, eh ?  :wink:

I've installed the Hantarex MTC 9000 monitor in the Atari DL cab and also in installed a Hanterax Us250 psu and taken out the Atari original.....

As I already said in one of my previous messages, there was no need to do such a thing to install a MTC-9000. Oh well...

Now my new problem, on the psu it has a neon lamp out, I connected it to the original atari lamp, it came on, with a very loud hum then went off.

I don't know what neon lamp output you're talking about, but anyway, did you measure the voltage coming out of it before attempting to connect the original Atari neon light wiring harness to it ?
The original neon light ran on 115 V AC (as per manual, that you probably didn't read) and I strongly suspect that you supplied 220 V AC -> you toasted the neon ballast

Matteo