Author Topic: my next restoration(s) - what'll it be???  (Read 27427 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: my next restoration(s) - what'll it be???
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 03:09:23 PM »
Ully, what about your Joust 2? Are you waiting for Andrè to work on the board? Have you reinstalled the electrical parts? Your vacations could be perfect to go on also with this proj, aren't they?  ;)

joust 2 is almost done, all the electrical parts are in there, but the power supply is shot (led1 is out). i was told i could either rebuild the original power supply or - what's obviously better - replace it with a switcher. with the help of colin (thx man), i've ordered two williams power supply replacement kits for both my moon patrol and the joust 2. they are on their way from belgium to germany as we speak, so by the end of the week i should know whether the boards are working or not. thx for asking, i'll keep you posted!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
to all of you who have voted for my next restoration projects, THX A LOT! the results are in and the tribe has spoken ;)

the games YOU have decided to get the Superully Treatment are (thankfully) exactly the games I was gunning / hoping for:

- Moon Patrol
- Jungle King
- Domino Man

it's going to take a while before the restorations threads will pop up, but rest assured: the restorations are on their way ... :)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 07:51:28 PM »
YESSSS ! My top 2/3 ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 08:20:47 PM »

alright guys, time to dig out an old topic of mine (hopefully not too old to get your attention). with moon patrol finished, jungle king waiting to be wired in the christmas holidays and frogger being in its final stages i have space for probably one more game up here, so please help me decide which one it should be and which one you'd like to see (i'll give you some options). there are games i could finish within a day (like klax) or a week max (like galaga), but i'd prefer one which might take a little while longer to keep me occupied ;)

so here are the candidates (if anything else comes to your mind, feel free to post it):

- death race
- championship sprint
- a nintendo game (junior, 3 or mario bros widebody)
- domino man
- zookeeper
- rampage
- a b/w game (night driver, gun fight, sea wolf, ...)

the most complicated out of those games would definitely be death race!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
So deathrace it is  ;D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:52 PM »
Domino Man!!!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 11:12:34 PM »
Of course Death Race !!!!

LOVED playing it again at Funspot after 30 years. One of the very first I played. My bro loved the theme, it was very radical BITD. Besides its a unique cab shape and the artwork is fabulous. And its a BW :)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 05:13:53 PM »
+1 for Death Race. ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »
that's 3 for death race, 1 for domino man so far! have i already told you that my vote counts tenfold? :P

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 06:39:50 PM »
that's 3 for death race, 1 for domino man so far! have i already told you that my vote counts tenfold? :P

No and it makes the whole point of this thread useless.

You're just to scared to start on that Death Race, aren't you Ully ? It's too big a challenge even for you, right ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 06:56:02 PM »
You're just to scared to start on that Death Race, aren't you Ully ? It's too big a challenge even for you, right ?  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :) :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

every single time we carry a game up into my apartment patrik asks me "when are you going to do THE GHOST?" (referring to death race). fact is: i have all the parts i need here (along with a nice surprise), so i guess death race is going to be the next candidate 8)! there's only one thing that could stop me: the cabinet's size: it is oddly shaped and i'm not 100% positive it will fit through the stairwell. i will have to do some measuring first befire we get stuck in the middle ...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 09:20:56 PM »
Indeed it is oddly shaped !

Glad my little teasing seems to work ;) ;)

Death Race is so......essential. So basic. And so f-ing rare over here ! Get it ready for Eurocade 201x ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »
Death Race is so......essential. So basic. And so f-ing rare over here ! Get it ready for Eurocade 201x ;)

how many are there in europe? am i the only guy over here who has one? oliver?

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2011, 09:27:02 PM »
Maby there´s on on the DAS?? (Danish Arcade Museum)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 12:00:09 AM »
+1 for Death Race!
...and also the MB, so it will give me a needed kick to start restoring mine too.