Author Topic: US container interest check  (Read 40849 times)

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: US container interest check
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2012, 06:06:09 PM »
Hi Ully, to clarify:

John Yates = container guy (see links in updated first post of this thread)
McLean, IL = the town John Yates resides in (all cabs bought from someone else would need to get shipped to McLean, IL)

Gary = another contact I bought a Star Rider and Kick Man from recently (also has a Journey for sale)

Chris = joke part of your post? don't know what you refer to.

I did contact Gary today as Luigi is looking for a Journey and I knew he has one (or two).

Cheers!

Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
i'M totally confused! who's john, who's mclean, who's chris? ???

This is chris  ;D ;D ;D

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »
Hi Love (sounds a little weird :))

Thanks for your efforts so far.
It's getting a little complicated with the different sellers I must say.
But everything sounds fine.

With these different sellers, I am not sure who's Donkey Kong cabinets I have to chase :)
I just want a nice clean DK jr / and or DK cabinet for not TOO much money.
By the way, the prices you stated (including shipping etc) are in that range.

Thanks.
So yeah, pics are welcome.

Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2012, 10:35:41 PM »
i'M totally confused! who's john, who's mclean, who's chris? ???

This is chris  ;D ;D ;D

and I'm only called John on Eurocade official pictures  ;)

I'm interested by some pics of the Kung-Fu Master, by the way.
Thanks for all this "lovely" work.  :spaceace:

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2012, 10:03:56 AM »
But everything

Hmm, I guess it is indeed a bit messy. I will think about how to organize the whole thing and guess I will start a new thread some time soon.

:pac:
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2012, 12:46:55 AM »
But everything

Hmm, I guess it is indeed a bit messy. I will think about how to organize the whole thing and guess I will start a new thread some time soon.

Don't get me wrong, I am still very interested in one or two Donkey Kong cabinets.
But for me, it would be clearer if you only offered the stuff from the main guy from who we have the cabinet list (John Yates?).
And dealing with other sellers involves "double trust/risk". Buy from an unknown guy who ships it to another unknown guy who ships it to us.
Don't want to sound to harsh, because I really am interested. But maybe you understand what I mean.
And for instance, 1st pick deals made with John can turn out worse than we might have hoped for if another Klov seller offers a better deal on some cab orso.

Anyway, I hope you continue with your container deal.
Could really use the Nintendo cabinets :)

Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
But everything

Don't get me wrong, I am still very interested in one or two Donkey Kong cabinets.
But for me, it would be clearer if you only offered the stuff from the main guy from who we have the cabinet list (John Yates?).
And dealing with other sellers involves "double trust/risk". Buy from an unknown guy who ships it to another unknown guy who ships it to us.
Don't want to sound to harsh, because I really am interested. But maybe you understand what I mean.
And for instance, 1st pick deals made with John can turn out worse than we might have hoped for if another Klov seller offers a better deal on some cab orso.

Anyway, I hope you continue with your container deal.
Could really use the Nintendo cabinets :)

Well, thanks for your comment. I think it points in the right direction.

I think we will need some rules like

1. Each of us buys at least one game from John directly. If we are only 5 collectors or less finally involved in this, we would need to take two off his hands each. This way half the stuff is coming directly from him.
2. We first try to get our stuff from John.
3. If he doesn't have what we are looking for, and each of us bought at least one game from him, we will start looking for the beauties somewhere else.
4. The whole process will be captured in some kind of tool like Google Docs. This way each of us can be part of the process and is always up-to-date.

I will try to cover point 4 til I get feedback from John.

Have a nice weekend everyone!  :pac:

chubsta

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2012, 09:56:30 PM »
Interested in:
Tempest
Spy Hunter
Buck Rogers
Circus Charlie
Robotron:2084

All depending upon price/condition of course!  ;D

Have updated the master-list on Google Docs..

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
Interested in:
Tempest
Spy Hunter
Buck Rogers
Circus Charlie

Interested in this? Guess not hmm?

chubsta

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2012, 10:10:08 PM »
Interested in:
Tempest
Spy Hunter
Buck Rogers
Circus Charlie

Looks like exactly why i want, but i tried to create a list of my biggest 'wants' from what is available from the 'main seller' on this topic, the simplicity of getting stuff from one place appeals to me...

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2012, 10:22:47 PM »
Interested in:
Tempest
Spy Hunter
Buck Rogers
Circus Charlie

Looks like exactly why i want, but i tried to create a list of my biggest 'wants' from what is available from the 'main seller' on this topic, the simplicity of getting stuff from one place appeals to me...

The simplicity of getting stuff from one place will crumble when you get to see the prices  ;)

Alrighty then.  :pac: :pac:

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2012, 10:56:12 PM »
The guy selling the Buck Rogers is Shaun, he's on ukvac - he's a UK collector living in the USA.

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »
The guy selling the Buck Rogers is Shaun, he's on ukvac - he's a UK collector living in the USA.

Thanks for the info

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
US container interest check ---> check in!
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 09:38:34 AM »
Hi guys and girls (if any),

I came up with a way to structure the whole thing using asana. Its not uber great, but free and (once digged) very simple. It will add to making the whole process more transparent and keeps all of us up-to-date at any given time. I will send invites asap.

Here is how it works basically, see screen shots attached.

1. Projects. Thats where the data is.
Send someone a list? Put it into, well, "lists" (links go into note area of entries). Have someone offering a game for sale or a possible lead? Put it into "games" project (files like pics and whatnot can be attached too) . Shipping games to Johns' or even bought from John directly :P ? File it under "container" so everyone knows how many games are ready for shipping to the old world.

2. Tags. They are meant to show status of transaction/game and also help structuring stuff. I hope they are self explaining. If not let me know.

3. People. That's you. Hopefully. Just make sure that you use your forums nick and put at least your email address in the notes area.

So how to use this? Well first of all sign up. Second, assign games (-offered) you are interested in to yourself (too). Third, any questions regarding an item? Put them in the comment section of the item. And fourth, put any offers or leads you think are worth mentioning in asana.

When stuff is changing status, like from -offered to -paid, or from -paid to -shipping, update the tag of the item.

Et voila. Et voila?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:14:22 AM by Love »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »
i thought the email i've just received entitled "love via asana" was spam!!! i immediately moved it into the spam folder ... :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!