Author Topic: Displaying hi-score in your game room?  (Read 55991 times)

smokeyfingaz

• View Profile
Re: Displaying hi-score in your game room?
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 10:53:15 PM »
i think its cos u need to be registered - totally forgot, sorry. but a sign up is still well worth it...

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2010, 03:19:04 PM »
Bloody hell, that looks awesome. And the gameroom is impressive, I suddenly know how to do the walls in my gameroom, which still has to be built by the way.  ;D

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »
looks great, but why dont you put up your scores in alfabetical order? is easier to search for a score that you want to take on
the yellow orange red brown looks neat

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2010, 05:08:47 PM »
i've been following the thread on klov and i have been looking for letterboards like that for quite a while now, but either they are extremely small or they don't exist at all. obviously, they weren't used that often in germany like they still are in the usa - pretty rare item over here, and EXPENSIVE! this would be one of those items where i was hoping for the THREE BIG Cs - Cheap Chinese Crap ;)!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
...... obviously, they weren't used that often in germany like they still are in the usa

In holland you still see them pretty often in pubs and cafétaria's.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2010, 06:34:40 PM »
they are really RARE here. i have found manufacturers, but they are quite expensive. haven't been able to find a cheap one on ebay yet ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2010, 06:36:24 PM »
Hah, well it does give me an "old-fashion" feeling though, because this is EXACTLY what they had in our local cafeteria to put up the prices of snacks etc. in my youth.

You made one mistake though: the letters are much too neat, they are supposed to "dance" a little to look authentic ;) ;) ;)

Love it !

(P.S. Send me the 10 tokens, I can beat the Berzerk hi-score with my eyes closed !  ;D ;D ;D)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:38:08 PM by Level42 »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2010, 07:43:01 AM »
second hand:
a small one € 12,50 : http://link.marktplaats.nl/358026089
and another one : http://link.marktplaats.nl/357558051

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2010, 08:40:46 AM »
thx for those links, etienne, but we need bigger ones :o. since i can't remember how those letter boards are set up, i was wondering whether it is possible to make them myself. PLUS i'd also like to know what the correct / official term for them in german is. can't come up with one which provides a positive result on ebay germany!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2010, 09:21:52 AM »
They where very common here in holland, every bar and cafetaria almost had these for the prices of theyre products
I remember also the public swimmingpool where we used to hang out had these

Anyway for your questions..

I know they are made from rubber, and the letters they still sell separate

http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://discountoffice.nl/qimages/921110.jpg&imgrefurl=http://discountoffice.nl/shop/p/d/legamaster-lettercijferdoos-lega-tbv-letterbord-20mm-560st/&h=150&w=200&sz=20&tbnid=iw78kW9mDJsVYM:&tbnh=78&tbnw=104&prev=/images%3Fq%3DLega%2Bletter&hl=nl&usg=__Gwtuy6AF5CbQTaR5c3-jAnxyiE4=&sa=X&ei=zFlBTJqQOpSgOOXF1fsM&ved=0CD4Q9QEwCA

The label of the letters is "LegaMaster"  maybe this helps your search

ebay nl does not give any results when i do the same query as in marktplaats  :-\
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 09:26:16 AM by Etienne [NL] »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 10:31:26 AM »
This is exactly what I'm looking for!  :arrow:

(pictures from Ckong, during the last Funspot tournament, right here)

What is the software behind this?

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2013, 11:23:25 AM »
This is exactly what I'm looking for!  :arrow:

(pictures from Ckong, during the last Funspot tournament, right here)

What is the software behind this?

looks custom-made. i could ask my friend Jochen Hippel to write a software like this if there is a demand.
I would certainly love to use it in my basement... Would be cool to include the database from Twin Galaxies and the possibility to upload your scores to a database on a server.
What do you think?
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2013, 01:23:41 PM »
looks custom-made. i could ask my friend Jochen Hippel to write a software like this if there is a demand.
I would certainly love to use it in my basement... Would be cool to include the database from Twin Galaxies and the possibility to upload your scores to a database on a server.
What do you think?

Wow that would rocks! I'm sure many game room owners around the globe would love to have something like this.
I'm not really up to include Twin Galaxies scores, because all of them are unreachable for 'usual' players. It could be a nice addition for sure, but my goal is to keep hi-scores done inside the Nuno's Lair.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
What do you think?

Wow that would rocks! I'm sure many game room owners around the globe would love to have something like this.
I'm not really up to include Twin Galaxies scores, because all of them are unreachable for 'usual' players. It could be a nice addition for sure, but my goal is to keep hi-scores done inside the Nuno's Lair.

it would be an option. :) but the more i think about it... the more i like the idea of doing this for local arcade owners.

what do you think about the following:

you choose or create a list of your arcades. you take the marquees or the pictures of the cab... you can also upload your arcade logo or display it as text.
you could choose your background, your text-font, the size... pretty much anything should be ready for costomization.

if you enter the scores it will record the date and the location. you can also include a picture. this alone would be nice.

now comes another part which would make it even cooler: tournaments!

you pick a number of games in your arcade for your the tournament and you enter the people taking part. now we could calculate the scores for each machine and for the complete competition. it could save competitions, results and put high scores in the table.

what do you think of this?
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!