Author Topic: Roadtrip Frustration  (Read 16407 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Roadtrip Frustration
« on: June 29, 2009, 08:48:14 PM »
so far, all my roadtrips had gone down smoothly. but this time, i had to learn a new lesson  >:(

i want to keep this short - still too much ANGER  :evil: and FRUSTRATION  :'(

on thursday there was a posting on a german arcade forum where someone asked how much an original crazy climber was worth. not only was this a dedicated machine, but also the deluxe version of the game. "man, i have to get this one", i thought, wrote an email, got an answer, talked on the telephone, made an appointment for saturday. we couldn't agree on a price back then, but we said we were going to settle this once i pick up the cab.

so as always, i set out early with more than 300 kilometers ahead of me (one way)

once i arrived at the seller's location, i was astonished how good that cab looked "in person". ok, the sidearts were coming of, but overall the game was in almost perfect condition (not my pics btw)!

i played one round, found out that one of the joysticks wasn't working the way it should, but thought that this would be an easy fix. just as i wanted to start talking about the final price, the seller said something like "oh, by the way, i'm not going to sell the machine to you. late last night i got a call from a co-worker who said he had been looking for a crazy climber arcade for ages. i have been offered a pinball in exchange and i am going to accept the colleague's offer!" Ouch, what a slap in the face  :o

he offered me an old crappy non-working cabinet for free which had been sitting outside his house for quite a while, but i refused. i couldn't believe what had just happened!

here's what he offered me. have you ever heard of that game? judging from what was written on the back, it came from italy! somehow it reminds me of a taito cab, but the front plate looks strange.

full of anger and disappointment, i jumped into my car and drove home. didn't want to talk to that guy any longer  :evil:

well, at least i was allowed to play a round of crazy climber on a dedicated crazy climber deluxe arcade cabinet  ;)

this is what a failed roadtrip looks like  :arrow:

and this is what this failed roadtrip looked like on the tachometer  :arrow:

one continent, three COUNTIES, 617 kilometers - this roadtrip OFFICIALLY SUCKED (and so did the seller)!    

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 06:44:52 AM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Roadtrip Frustration
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 09:30:33 PM »
Damn that sucks, you had a deal there !

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 11:00:59 PM »
 >:( >:( What an a$$!, unbelievable  :o

you spent time, gasoline and 600 km on the counter of your car for nothing, and what you receive in return for a deal that was almost set?

a free piece of crap! , the only thing that maybe come close to arcade parts in that thing are the two white buttons  ;D

well we feel with you, you have the right to be angry/dissapointed.

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 12:25:49 AM »
Man, I'm sorry this happened to you!   :'(  :'(

Once this almost happened to me, When I went to pick up my T2 Pinball, we had a deal, and the seller tried to back out at the last minute... after several minutes of pleading, I was able to get the game. but he really wanted to back out, even with cash in hand!

I hope you have an incredible find on your next road trip to make up for this!  :wink:

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:26:27 AM »
That's Bullsh*t, I'd of asked for petrol money and money for time in the car and so on as he said he'd sell it (then a smack up side the head)

This story made ME mad, can't imagine how you felt  >:(

I'd be posting this is other threads too (mainly the ones he belongs to)

arcadefever

• View Profile
    • http://www.arcadefever.net
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 06:03:32 AM »
 :-\ That suck !!!!

That crazy climber was in good condition, what a shame...
The game that he offered you, look like a clone of Moon cresta ...

Valsimot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 08:24:13 AM »
Man, that's just wrong...  :-[

vib_ribbon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
madness! i'm sorry to hear.

he didn't even have the decency to call you and let you know to prevent the 600km drive for nothing.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
thx a lot for your sympathies, it still hurts when i see the pictures  :'(

hopefully, my next roadtrip (which will be pretty soon - stay tuned  ;)) will not end empty-handed ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
Oh no  :-X I can understand your pain  :oops:

It happened two times for me...

The first time, it was for this road trip :

...and the second time, it was during a road trip ...in UK  :oops: ... I was supposed to bring back a *working* Daytona Twin, and I finally didn't take it 'coz it wasn't working like it should be  :?

It reminds me that I've to publish that road trip in by the way  ::)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 11:43:27 PM »
It reminds me that I've to publish that road trip in by the way  ::)

Can't wait !, we love to read roadtrips!

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »
Damn, that sucks... What a waste of time and gas... :(
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 12:53:38 PM »
here's what he offered me. have you ever heard of that game? judging from what was written on the back, it came from italy! somehow it reminds me of a taito cab, but the front plate looks strange.

Every time I see a space themed game from Italy, I can't help but wonder if it's my mystery game:'(

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 08:09:16 PM »

Every time I see a space themed game from Italy, I can't help but wonder if it's my mystery game:'(
Hey I guess you posted this answer to the wrong thread ? Looks like you meant it as a reply to my Asterock thread.

That mystery game rings a bell......I think I know it.....let me do some searching, I'll post a new thread if I find it !

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2009, 09:44:51 PM »
My dear Ully,

I know how it feels

for a same type of person I lost 4 years ago a Sidam DL

I know quite well what you can feel inside

Don't worry soon or later something else (in years) will come up

Anyway I was looking for it in US for it and must admit it was a beutiful cab well mantained

Anger will pass, try to know where the games goes that maybe one day the new buyer can sell it to you

Have a good night my german friend

Maverick

And.. "Mammaro!" (Gambaro to be exact)   ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbCsbTWKxbg&feature=related
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:56:23 PM by Maverick »