Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
March 02, 2021, 11:53:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Roadtrip - Exidy Crossbow  (Read 797 times)
Andreas_AUT

hello world

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »

Hi guys,

I just came back from my mini roadtrip, lets write that down in "darth nuno" style Cheesy

Ok normally, this trip would go to Germany to pick up the cab. But actually, you need a maximum 48h old covid test, that you dont have the virus or you go into 14 days of quarantine. Both were not really an option for me, so I contacted the seller, if I can send him some transport company to get the game. Since german can pass the border without troubles, he offered me to bring it right across the border ( which is a total of 90km journey for him ).  So the roadtrip only takes me 1,5h single way, here we go:

Best weather to do something with games... hey wait a second, did I take the wrong lane to the crossbow?  Wink

We met an a parking space of a discounter ( dont tell them we didnt buy anything there  oppps ) and since I got a bigger car, this 200 cm long Exidy cab fits nice into my jump buggy.

We went to an gas station to get some coffee and had a nice chat about games, how long is he collecting and some sad memories --> he told me that he was a mini bus driver in the past ( around 2000 ). On his way, he crossed a huge operator, who put arcade games to the dumbster. He said that there was crystal castles, Terminator 2 and Indiana Jones arcade cab, but he couldnt get them into his mini bus. So he picked smaller, lighter games for free.  Undecided  I just mentioned, these games are valuable now.

Ok, after 5 hours, im back at home again and man oh man, this Crossbow is SUPER HEAVY. No way to move that game alone to a first floor or so.

Overall, the cab is in really nice condition and the price was very good too. To be honest, that game was not really on my wanted list. But hey, as a collector, you take games when they get offered.

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 06:55:34 PM »

Nice catch !

Looks like the forum is comming again a bit more active  Space Ace
Andreas_AUT

hello world

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 08:09:14 PM »

ik dank u zeer  Cheesy

Digimon

Germany - Hamburg

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 07:19:31 AM »

Great catch.

An absolute classic.

Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2020, 02:18:32 PM »

congrats, great catch and thanks for sharing your mini roadtrip. happy that you got it, this would have been one of those projects for me which might have taken time away from my ultimate goal: finishing my gameroon. once this is done i can really concentrate on all those games i have to fix!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
slowcade

Norway

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2020, 08:06:07 AM »

Wow, that is beautiful! Congratulations!  Smiley

baritonomarchetto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2020, 08:56:45 PM »

Thanks for sharing your mini roadtrip. The old glory days of roadtrips across europe to score a favourite cabinet have gone... and I am missing them  Cry

"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"
Franzy21

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2020, 11:12:44 PM »

Awesome game.
So glad to see one in Europe Smiley

Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting in a barn for me... somewhere! A Nintendo Sheriff would also make me happy. And a SNK Sasuke Vs Commanders or a SEGA Samurai... Argh too many; in fact!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: