Author Topic: New member in the Dl fan community  (Read 18224 times)

rémi 75

• View Profile
Re: New member in the Dl fan community
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2009, 07:09:23 PM »
you're right maverick ,
 a new cab would be great but i already have this one that i would like to restore with the laser con multi rom in order to play both games.
Thing is that i have decided to posess only one dedicated game and it's Dragon's lair or Space Ace.
Now i don't know which side arts and cpo choose for restoration but that's the last parts i will buy, for the moment i am trying to complete the game .
I truly think that your repro cab project is a great idea, as you told me it would only cost 1000 euros for a brand new cab
I really want to thank you for spending time on my project, it's great to meet people like you

About the G07 thanks for the reply Italiandoh i will ckeck the link but what do you think of Finny's Wells and Gardners?
My project is to rebuild this cab and keep it , that's why i was looking for a brand new screen.
As i told you i work in Arcade and i know that there is always something wrong with old screens especially if you don't use them often.
Hope we will meet one day, maybe in the Finny's lair

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 07:22:08 PM by rémi 75 »

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 07:23:13 PM »
you're right maverick ,
 a new cab would be great but i already have this one that i would like to convert to Dragon's lair with the laser con multi rom in order to play both games.

Great now it is clear for everybody

what do you think of Finny's Wells and Gardners?
What type of screen are you using?

I've got one DL with wells gardner monitor and one with G7

As quality they are - in my opinion - the same

Jason is for sure the best choice, but don't think that quality items comes for free,

he paid top dollars too for them, so keep it in mind when you'll make your offer

My project is to rebuild this cab and keep it forever, that's why i was looking for a brand new screen.

Then if it is so, you've to look for a new monitor and not a wells gardner mon. or try to restore a g7

how! what such a mess  ::)  Ha ha

Maverick

I truly think that your repro cab project is a great idea, as you told me it would only cost 1000 euros for a brand new cab
I really want to thank you for spending time on my project, it's great to meet people like you

Don't tell me so darling! otherwise I..  :oops:

Ha Ha  ;D

Thanks anyway happy to be helpful for newbies with my same passion

What is important it that you

KEEP IT GOING! :wink:
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:11:03 PM by Maverick »

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2009, 07:29:53 PM »
thanks again for quick reply
 so you think i should fix my G07 ?
About side arts do you think i should restore it in Space ace or Dragon's lair ? I will anyway play both games in the same cab

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2009, 09:59:08 PM »
About the G07 thanks for the reply Italiandoh i will ckeck the link but what do you think of Finny's Wells and Gardners?

Wells Gardner monitor are good, but I can't say the same regarding their NTSC demodulator cards (P600 and such). I have a couple of them but I haven't managed to get them working properly and I gave up so far. When I was at Finny's it was the same, so we ended up using Electrohome cards instead.
Do as you prefer, but I would pick up a G07 and its card anytime. In fact, if you decide to get rid of it, I'd buy it.
G07 cards offer very good quality picture, can't say the same for Wells Gardner NTSC cards up to now. I have a G07 in some of my lasergames and I'm very happy with them.
I'm sure that one can get Wells Gardner to work well too, but so far I haven't succeeded in doing it.
Regarding reliability in time, if you change the burned screen and properly fix the G07, it will surely grant you many years of home use.

Matteo

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2009, 10:15:24 PM »
thanks again for quick reply
 so you think i should fix my G07 ?

I would see for a more reliable monitor for less, but that' s just my opinion

About side arts do you think i should restore it in Space ace or Dragon's lair ? I will anyway play both games in the same cab

Well (gardner  ;D) if you play both, leave it as it is now

If you were going to convert to play just Dl then I was necessary to take away the space ace sides

Mav

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2009, 05:34:20 PM »
thanks, now i know what to do, i will look for another picture tube with no screen burn and i will buy a cap kit for th G07 and his demodulator card.
About the missing parts of my cabinet i am also looking for the original convenience panel with game meter because mine is custom and not working properly, i have some strange sounds when volume is low.

I have also made a topic in the sale section for my dedicated ALG, if someone is interested...... ;)

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 06:36:45 PM »
Hi remi,

then I think you' ve got to post in the trade section

Cheers

Mav
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 08:40:32 PM by Maverick »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2009, 09:27:50 PM »
I have also made a topic in the sale section for my dedicated ALG, if someone is interested...... ;)

WHERE???  ???
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2009, 12:11:38 AM »
you can find the post in the sell section, it's on the first page
If you are interested i am thinking about offering shipping cost because i really need the cab to be sold

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 11:09:12 AM »
I still have an Electrohome monitor  :arrow:

Guess the name of the game it comes from  ::) :P ;D

The details :

It's an ElectroHome 19" G07 CB0 monitor.

The width coil doesn't effect the size anymore  :-\ See the last picture I got before removing it from the Xevious cabinet  :arrow:

It was three years and half ago... see here  ;)

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
It's an ElectroHome 19" G07 CB0 monitor.
The width coil doesn't effect the size anymore  :-\

Cap kit and you're ready to go.

Matteo