Author Topic: Fanmade Geocaliber from cancelled Starblade Operation Blue Planet  (Read 7256 times)

Zero Senki

• View Profile
I'm a fairly new person in the forums, but boy have I been busy! I'm currently working on recreating the Geocaliber in Wings 3D by referencing the poster for Operation Blue Planet, which was a cancelled sequel to Starblade developed by Namco, as I'm sure you all know.

https://plus.google.com/+WilliamShinal/posts/CAdDYReZfkz

I've provided my Google + post about my WIP version of the Geocaliber for your perusal. Also, if there's anything better than Wings 3D, please let me know.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Fanmade Geocaliber from cancelled Starblade Operation Blue Planet
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »
Welcome here, Zero Senki  :)

Argh, too bad Operation Blue Planet has been canceled... what a shame Namco didn't released for their battle pod dome system :-( They should now release the game on PS VR at least!  :P
I didn't paid attention about the main ship in the game, as no information are available due to the cancelation... but it's cool to see interest about it, nice job  8)

Zero Senki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 12:39:28 AM »
RE: DarthNuno

Thanks for your interest, DarthNuno. Also, I share your pain concerning Operation Blue Planet and the ORBS system being canceled. I'm also going to work on something similar to the ORBS system as a multi game cabinet similar to a MAME cabinet. However, I'll have it ready for games like Starblade, Mechwarrior Online, and X-Wing to name a few. I'll have pictures ready as I go along.

RE: Andreas_AUT

Hello, Andreas. Nice to meet you.

Video Man

• I've always wanted a thing called Tuna Sashimi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
I'm a fairly new person in the forums, but boy have I been busy! I'm currently working on recreating the Geocaliber in Wings 3D by referencing the poster for Operation Blue Planet, which was a cancelled sequel to Starblade developed by Namco, as I'm sure you all know.

https://plus.google.com/+WilliamShinal/posts/CAdDYReZfkz

I've provided my Google + post about my WIP version of the Geocaliber for your perusal. Also, if there's anything better than Wings 3D, please let me know.

That looks really cool mate. Keep up the good work.  ;)
I really wish Namco would bring back Wonder Eggs. With Pac-Man carousals.

Zero Senki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:00:35 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement, namcokid47. I loved Starblade when I first encountered it. Unfortunately, I had no arcade machines of the sort nearby, so I resorted to emulation to see what my peeps have been yammering about.

Zero Senki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:25 AM »
Although I'm posting on my now dead post, I have an idea in mind for a pod system similar to the one that was supposed to be used for Operation Blue Planet. Stay tuned for more info, as it'll be a while before I can start anything tangible.