Author Topic: Warehouse Loot with Pinge & Kralleman 1/10-2016  (Read 12026 times)

Pinge

• View Profile
Warehouse Loot with Pinge & Kralleman 1/10-2016
« on: January 08, 2017, 11:13:37 AM »
Ok, If you find this thread interesting I might take me the time to make one about when we picked up some of the "shit" we bought aswell!

We got a tip from another gamer and followed it up, so we took a van from my work and went there on a cold October day, ended up climbing around jukeboxes, cars from 192x-193x, random stuff and ofcourse some videogames. We spent around 6-8 hours at this gentlemans place. His main interest is today jukeboxes and the games were mainly leftovers from his time as an operator.

So this is a thread full of really bad cellphone-pictures. To our defence we were thrilled and full of adrenaline and forgot that we should document what we saw. And at that time DLF were not screaming for activity  :P
The main reason the pictures are really bad is that is was so tight and jampacked with stuff all over the place, sometimes I had to climb over stuff and stretch my arm in to get a photo to even see what was hidden behind/under other stuff.

Sadly It did not held as many gems as we were hoping for due to that a few other collectors have been there before and bought alot of goodies through the years.

A good few of the games you will see on the pictures are already sold to us or other collectors. If you see anything rare or could fill us in on whats on the pictures, dont hesitate to comment. Anything you guys are looking for? We might be able to assist since we still have a load of games to pickup still. 

Ok, from the road I dont have any pictures really so lets jump right to the games, there are to many pictures so I wont comment on all of them.

Here we see a japanese Namco Rally-X Coctail table, i ended up getting this on our second visit. The glass is missing, but I got a complete wooden top with glass and bezel from a Pucman with it  :lol:
No PCB but the seller found a rally-x bootleg that I got with it aswell...

This Kee Games Sprint 2 was already sold to someone and were gone the second time we came to the warehouse.

When Kralleman walked into one room I heard him instantly saying "Den här kommer passa bra i min breakout samling", translation would be "This will be a nice addition to my breakout collection", Thank god we are good friends and no hard feelings got involved, I got more than I can handle anyways but any given day I would have got the consolette due to it´s sexieness!

A more modern Atari game were present, fucking awful pictures... sorry guys...

Trying to start a game, safety first  :twisted:
We learned that we should NOT try to start the games cause things are missing, yokes are loose and so on... but It was th seller that said something like "We try them and discuss the prize depending on status"

Some wallmounted Golf game, nothing of interest

Theese are quite cool, old Pachinko and a slot machine

This is one of the two fullsize games that we bought this first visit, Superbug for kralleman.

This is the game I got, Taito Space Invaders, like the cabinet more than the midway version, this has a Galaxy Wars bezel and some invaders-clone PCB.

Super Breakout and Anti-Aircraft are two games we ended up getting on second visit

Here is the Van loaded up, a nice Breakout wallhanged cabinet for me, sadly some other pcb and extra holes drilled, still has this at a friends house so status is unknown, might have a broken flyback.

Cool looking cabinet, but what is it?

Cabaret Cabinet with Rygar

Star Castle by Rock-Ola, he had two... we got them both later

Pong Clones from Chicago coin, the nicest were already sold and one is converted to joystick

This was actually working, we found that out after we bought it

This was also working, a cool Subelectro Frogger cabinet, sadly it has a MTC900 (not 900/E), and the anodesuctionthingiecup is fucked resulting in a highpitchsound that cut through the ears... and it also zapped my finger really good.

One of our friends got the Terminator 2

BOXES WITH PCB:S, many are no longer in there cause they were sold, and most are bootlegs

RANDOM PICTURES, please comment if you know whats on them

NeoGeo converted Xybotz

Panels  :shock:

My missile command does not need this one

Atari Ray

Aleph wallhanged cabinet, theese are common in Sweden, think they were built in Italy?

GranTrak-20, a game Kralleman bought we still have to pick it up... not the most common game

Seawolf, nice bigass game

Asteroids in a barn

Trak-10

Night Driver

Defender, he had two. Rogerxy got one and the other was sold.

Games Outside, always sad to see

OLD CARS!

My dear friend a fellow collector Kralleman, ofcourse we have the seatbelt on the consolette  :lol:

We might have more and better pictures on our instagrams, feel free to take a look and follow if you like
https://www.instagram.com/pingeahlin/
https://www.instagram.com/kristoferhanssonaspman/

- Always looking for Playchoice & Mega-Tech -

kralleman

• View Profile
Re: Warehouse Loot with Pinge & Kralleman 1/10-2016
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 11:39:44 AM »
Awesome writeup again! I will see if I have some pics to add.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 11:43:30 AM »
Wow, huge lot of oldies! :D
The Zaccaria cabinet's sideart, cpo and instruction card looks like a Phoenix to me, but the bezel does not match.

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »
we should have som pictures from the actual trip somewhere... trying to organize my pictures... have thousands of unsorted..
It took forever to make this thread... and its even more but even better pictures from second run to this location.

Belike: Many games dont add upp due to convertions, like the xybotz with neogeo  :lol:

smarty

• Hampshire, UK.
    • View Profile
    • Jumpnfire.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 11:58:29 AM »
Loving the EM and B&W games.

Great raid!  :ghost:
www.jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 12:29:58 PM »
Wow! Thank you for another great writeup!  :spaceace:
I love operator raids myself, but sadly I only get to experience them like two-three times every ten years.  :lol: I must say, he had an impressive collection of control panels! I think I see a Centipede control panel:

I would love to have it if the overlay is in good condition!

I must admit that I feel a bit bad that you found a Taito Space Invaders cabinet. You probably don't recognize me here, but I'm the guy (Mads) who drove 9 hours to buy your NOS Space Invaders CPO last summer. I hope that you have an OK cpo for yourself too.  :oops:

I think that most of the cabinets are quite easy to identify, but I believe that the one with the Ring King marquee is a Model Racing generic cabinet. I have some Model Racing marquees which I got from such cabinets, like Satan of Saturn and Stratovox.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2017, 12:47:14 PM »
Wow! awesome raid! great pictures!!! That Star Castle! wow

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 12:51:42 PM »
Hej Mads!

I cant belive taht I stumbled across one taito SI not to long after I sold you the NOS CPO... to be honest, mine has a little crack, I can live with it though...  :lol:
I´ve learned my lesson not to sell anything  :twisted:

Hope it ended up allright on your cabinet though, to bad I was working and we couldnt spend some more time checking our collection of games, but I bet that we will meet up in the future for more business or leisure.

I think we might have a picture of the centipede controlpanel somewhere cause our friend Rogerxy is restoring a cabinet and he got a NOS bezelglass (cabaret version), think this CPO looked shitty as most of the panels... sort of like the missile command one, If I remember I will check it out our next visit.

Muerto: is actually star castles  :D , hopefully kralleman can get atleast one up and running out of the two

Pinge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 12:54:21 PM »
smarty: We also love the old B&W games, sadly they dont get much love in the swedish community, its all about japanese plastic and CAVE nowadays.
but the good thing is that it´s easier for us to get them then.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 01:10:25 PM »
nothing beats an old warehouse visit - NOTHING! oh, well, wait a minute, one thing does: THOSE CONSOLETTES ARE BEYOND COOL!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2017, 01:35:33 PM »
Some awwwsome stuff there. Sprint 2, Tank 2 and Star Castel are amazing games  :-* :-*

Shoot me a message if you ever stumble across a Midway Boot Hill and don't want to keep it yourself  ::)

kralleman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »
That centipede cabaret cp was brutally abused. A metal plate was drilled on top of the overlay, covering roughly 1/3 of it. Also, new holes for other controls had been drilled and the original buttons/track ball were no longer there. Most of the more interesting control panels had been stripped for parts and/or converted to fit something generic. Still, they were quite expensive.

We brought home one of the two star castles. The other one is paid but waiting to be picked up. Always nice to have a second one when troubleshooting.

Tank 2 is missing a joystick, anyone has a spare? :)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 01:54:18 PM »
Nice set of pictures, I love the Hustle marquee, it's so seventies! and the gameplay is nice also, simple but nice. Thanks for sharing.

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 02:04:54 PM »
Cool writeup here as well! I see some great games in the lot! Also, kudos for being Swedes that are not altogether taken by the candy cab mania. ;)
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Currently looking for an original Wonderboy PCB.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 04:33:19 PM »
Thanks for sharing that's huge!!!!
Consolette, Star Castle, Asteroids, Taito Space Invaders: WOW!!!!