Author Topic: 110 to 220V  (Read 4993 times)

valentin27

• View Profile
110 to 220V
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »
Hey,

I don't think there is a similar post, where we could indicate what cabs can be easily converted from 110 to 220V after import.
I start working on mines, does anyone if any of this can be converted or if an external power transformer is compulsory :

- TRON
- Donkey Kong
- Escape from Planet of Robot Monster
- Star Wars

If you want, you can indicate below if you already made some power transformer conversion and I will try to sum up everything on this first post.

Thanks,
Valentin

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: 110 to 220V
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:04:49 PM »
Well, I thought everyone used external step-up/down converter because non destructive, easy and cheap?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
I use INTERNAL converters. Non-intrusive as well, not visible and no additional crap lying around on the floor! 
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

valentin27

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
Many power transfo are internally wired to be converted to 220V.

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 01:43:37 PM »
Hey,

I don't think there is a similar post, where we could indicate what cabs can be easily converted from 110 to 220V after import.
I start working on mines, does anyone if any of this can be converted or if an external power transformer is compulsory :

- TRON
- Donkey Kong
- Escape from Planet of Robot Monster
- Star Wars

If you want, you can indicate below if you already made some power transformer conversion and I will try to sum up everything on this first post.

Thanks,
Valentin

Download the schematics for each one of these games and check the main wiring diagram and the power supply section.
Be careful because even if there is an option to do it sometimes operators did some hacking and some elements could be directly attached to the mains input, so it's better to double check your cabinet to see if it's still original or has been adapted.

Matteo

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:24:37 AM »
AFAIK ALL Atari games can be set to many power voltages bynre-wiring the plug connector that was made for it, or changing the one that is plugged in if it's a European game. Very easy and non-destructive so SW will be possible for sure.

I don't see how moving one or more wires is considered destructive ?

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 12:40:08 PM »
AFAIK ALL Atari games can be set to many power voltages bynre-wiring the plug connector that was made for it, or changing the one that is plugged in if it's a European game. Very easy and non-destructive so SW will be possible for sure.

I don't see how moving one or more wires is considered destructive ?

I agree