Author Topic: French stubborness hitting in again  (Read 5808 times)

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
French stubborness hitting in again
« on: April 13, 2016, 08:37:38 AM »
Found a piece that I really want in France, but OMG French can be shitty when it comes to payment. Why are they so distrustful about IBAN transfers? Only risk is for me, not getting the goods.
Instead they ask for CHEQUE! WTF? This is ancient crap, we ditched in 1989!
The lady tells by French law she is not allowed to send goods abroad unless paid in cash or checque. That sounds like a croque monsieur.

So who from France can show me the opposite and help me tackle this problem? It will get you eternal fame in the book thanks (2kboffun.com) and off course I take any transaction costs.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:42:24 AM by Blanka »

valentin27

• View Profile
Re: French stubborness hitting in again
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 08:52:23 AM »
She just wants a cheque... Whatever if it is "legal" or not.
Where is it ? Maybe someone can collect and pay cash.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2016, 09:13:09 AM »
Melun, south of Paris

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 06:31:38 PM »
Found a piece that I really want in France, but OMG French can be shitty when it comes to payment. Why are they so distrustful about IBAN transfers? Only risk is for me, not getting the goods.
Instead they ask for CHEQUE! WTF? This is ancient crap, we ditched in 1989!
The lady tells by French law she is not allowed to send goods abroad unless paid in cash or checque. That sounds like a croque monsieur.

So who from France can show me the opposite and help me tackle this problem? It will get you eternal fame in the book thanks (2kboffun.com) and off course I take any transaction costs.

People often do not want it on the bank, because.... They are really in debt with the bank, in welfare, have I husband/wife controlling their account .... Even in France 😎😎😎😎

valentin27

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 06:53:49 PM »
Can you tell me more in PM ?

f4brice

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 07:31:15 PM »
I don't know if it's true or not, but in France a urban legend says that bank transfers can be canceled up to 3~4 weeks later.
Cheque is not highly secured either, due to risk of lack of money on the bank account, stolen document, ...

If I has to receive such payment, I would only accept bank transfer / cheque from somebody I trust, or somebody recommended by someone I trust.

But anything may be sent abroad, regardless of how it was paid... Only nosense here.

My 0,02 €.

automark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 03:03:51 PM »
[

People often do not want it on the bank, because.... They are really in debt with the bank, in welfare, have I husband/wife controlling their account .... Even in France 😎😎😎😎

Or all the crappy taxes, with the big brother EU you have to explain every penny in your account.

Franzy21

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 03:19:43 PM »
Blanka, by the way, what were you after?
(hopefully Valnetin has helped you to sort things out).
 ;D
Dreaming of a Namco Galaxian waiting in a barn for me... somewhere! A Nintendo Sheriff would also make me happy. And a SNK Sasuke Vs Commanders or a SEGA Samurai... Argh too many; in fact!

valentin27

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 06:39:37 PM »
Blanka, by the way, what were you after?
(hopefully Valnetin has helped you to sort things out).
 ;D

I phoned several time, left a voicemail... got no feedback !

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 11:30:20 PM »
Some people are stupid, not necessary Fench.

And an IBAN transfer is a free transfer, where sender and receiver don't pay any transfering fees at all, while using a cheque brings costs with it for sender ánd for receiver. Just plain stupid to use it. And yes, checks can get lost. Although, you can also send electronic cheques, still costs a lot.

automark

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 11:45:09 PM »
Iban transfer free? Tell my spanish bank, for international transfers i pay a lot.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 10:48:26 AM »
Iban transfer free? Tell my spanish bank, for international transfers i pay a lot.

well.. they are free for eu-transfers if they are done via SEPA. that´s european law.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 05:38:55 AM »
On my bank website there is even no NL transfer left. The EU transfer is the basic transfer.
For consumers it should be transaction-fee free, for businesses it might be another story, but you should get a consumer bank account for a small business anyway.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »
On my bank website there is even no NL transfer left. The EU transfer is the basic transfer.
For consumers it should be transaction-fee free, for businesses it might be another story, but you should get a consumer bank account for a small business anyway.

same for businesses. i have to business-accounts and there are no transaction fees other than the normal ones.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »
Weird.... I tried the seller again, roughly a month later. This time not by mobile phone, but by email. All was nice and friendly, and the game is on a truck (probably one without gas), and I paid with IBAN....