Author Topic: :: ROAD TRIP :: BUGGY BOY by TATSUMI [presented in triple screen]  (Read 81806 times)

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: :: ROAD TRIP :: BUGGY BOY by TATSUMI [presented in triple screen]
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2017, 07:20:38 PM »
My hunch is that TX-1 is the same pinout. I have both Buggy Boy and TX-1 PCBs and they are pretty much identical.

I also have Round Up 5, but the PCB is different, so I am sure it can be played but with a harness adapter.

beavisbeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2017, 02:11:38 AM »
Greetings from Australia!

I see what you have here... what a great find! I love your progress reports.
I have just recently restored a original Japanese Tatsumi TX-1 3 screen sit down cab here in Australia. Just thought i might say hello & am happy to offer any assistance i can with your project.
Cheers!  ;D

beavisbeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2017, 02:47:12 AM »
re: your sound not working.  ???
The sounds you are probably missing are the tire screech & crash / explosion sound. They seem to be separate from the other engine, overtaking cars & tunnel sounds which come thru the L & R channels.
I too had this problem. Turned out to be be fried driver chips on the amplifier board. One was cooked but I replaced them all and the sound was fixed.
Your amplifier has 1 less driver chips on the board than my cabinet version this may be due to the subwoofer located in the drivers seat of the cockpit in mine. The harness you have hanging likely is the rear L & R channels that were mounted in the stand up driver section you are missing.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2017, 09:24:08 PM »
Welcome here beavisbeaver  :)
Many thanks for your advices. I got a spare sound board... unknown condition but I really hope some parts are still working and may help to fix mine.  8)

The sounds you are probably missing are the tire screech & crash / explosion sound. They seem to be separate from the other engine, overtaking cars & tunnel sounds which come thru the L & R channels.

Nope, I can hear these sounds (check the video I've done)... I can't really tell what's missing because everything seems there. My guess it was a duplicate sounds channel that goes to the rear/seat I don't have...

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2017, 07:14:11 AM »
Greetings from Australia!

I see what you have here... what a great find! I love your progress reports.
I have just recently restored a original Japanese Tatsumi TX-1 3 screen sit down cab here in Australia. Just thought i might say hello & am happy to offer any assistance i can with your project.
Cheers!  ;D

Welcome and that is one beautiful machine!  Nice work  :spaceace:

beavisbeaver

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2017, 01:11:16 PM »
Happy to help if needed. When i did my machine about 18 months ago not only was it my first full restore but i had to figure everything out myself and there was almost no reference material available. When i started i too had 1 screen not working & suffered from the dreaded heat problems which i have not fully located yet. Alot of 'experts' i asked about problems had no clue with my machine or did not want to touch it. I found that the Tatsumi machines are becoming extremely rare as they all had short one year licences before being onsold to Atari & Namco or Data East. I contacted several claimed owners of these machines but got no replies. So i vowed to help the next person i come across troubleshooting this similar machine.
I also have the wiring schematics for your Tatsumi Buggy Boy version as i see you have the Data East books.
Your machine came in 3 flavours. There should be some guide timbers on the underside of the main cabinet & holes on the top or facing front to work out which one you had.