Author Topic: Some pinballs to be on eBay the next days.  (Read 5224 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Some pinballs to be on eBay the next days.
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:41:04 AM »

The operator I clean out a year now is in the need of money and asked me if I could buy some pinball machines.

I purchased a

Midway Dr. Dude
Midway Radical and a
Williams Hurricane NIB (this machine was never opened, plugged in or used in any kind of way)

That machines are younger that the stuff in the old barns and have been storaged in the basement of his house, so this machines are not as dirty and worn as the 80´s video-games you have seen in the pictures.

I going to clean, test and (if necessery repair) them and put them on eBay the next days but will post some pictures here before to give the forum members a head start.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

valentin27

• View Profile
Re: Some pinballs to be on eBay the next days.
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »
Anyway to get the Hurricane ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:28:38 PM »
Me not like.

Either go eBay or post them here for sale, not like this. Just MHO of course.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 01:35:39 AM »

The operator I clean out a year now is in the need of money and asked me if I could buy some pinball machines.

I purchased a

Midway Dr. Dude
Midway Radical and a
Williams Hurricane NIB (this machine was never opened, plugged in or used in any kind of way)

That machines are younger that the stuff in the old barns and have been storaged in the basement of his house, so this machines are not as dirty and worn as the 80´s video-games you have seen in the pictures.

I going to clean, test and (if necessery repair) them and put them on eBay the next days but will post some pictures here before to give the forum members a head start.

If nib you should not open the box. Nib is worth more unopened

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 05:51:06 PM »

I purchased a

Midway Dr. Dude
Midway Radical and a

If nib you should not open the box. Nib is worth more unopened

That is true, I am not going to open it.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »
Me not like.

Either go eBay or post them here for sale, not like this. Just MHO of course.

Andre, why is there ALWAYS a problem whatever I do???
By listing them on eBay and informing the members here I dont do anything other members do or did in the past.
You would´nt critize that if Bruno or Alpha1 would do it but since you know I am a unpopular and controverse member you and some others always wait to kick my ass.
I never said I want to be everybodies darling in a forum, friend with everyone or want to be the most popular member. I just do the things the way guess them as the best and dont want to legitimate it all the time.
I also dont excpet you to justify what you do in the forum.
I personally think it is not necessery to post all the time about the japanese Galaxian - OK you have one, now we realized it....one thread for the pick-up, one thread for the restoration, one thread for the cleaning of the squared buttons alone....but I am not the judge here.
If you feel like do it, I dont have to go into the thread if I am not interested.
If I participate and state that chrome effect can be printed indeed you guys even ignore me and dont talk to me, so why not ignoring me in my own thread?
Or are you interested in one of the pinballs, I dont think so.

So please stop always starting a discussion no matter what I do, only because you know you are more popular than me and 20 friend members of with the same habit will jump right into it and support you.

Just let us be forum members coexisting next to one another without step on the other ones foot.  ;)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 07:08:40 PM »
I'm sorry but Andre is always stating his opinion. Also  to bruno or others (like me) and sometimes a little harsh.

But the next time he helps you out

No need to feel offended

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 08:08:35 PM »
LOL.

Thanks Patrick.

You know what Syno, you are right, I'm sorry and I shouldn't have posted that.

Good luck on the sales.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2015, 01:08:41 AM »
LOL.

Thanks Patrick.

You know what Syno, you are right, I'm sorry and I shouldn't have posted that.

Good luck on the sales.

How could I be angry with that guy....after all he created my nickname  ;)
Syno is such a funny name  ;D

But really Andre, why do you guys ignore me when it comes to the Galaxian Bezel. I proved and can prove again that effects like chrome, silver, gold and so can be printet. I think it is an important thing as our Galaxian-Resto shall turn out perfect.  :)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2015, 09:34:14 AM »
But really Andre, why do you guys ignore me when it comes to the Galaxian Bezel. I proved and can prove again that effects like chrome, silver, gold and so can be printet. I think it is an important thing as our Galaxian-Resto shall turn out perfect.  :)

This is not for public eyes, if you ask me.

I know what André wanted to say.

It's your decision how and where to sell your stuff. I personally have no problem with someone starting an Ebay-auction and pointing there in the forum. Other people have different opinions about that, of course. Both sides have to accept the other side's opinion and point of view.

You could have started a for sale thread or asking for valuation for the pins if you don't know what they're worth.

Instead of replying to André that you feel treated unfair you could have simply written "of course, if someone has interest in one of the pinball please send PM and we will start negotiation".

My friendly advice: just don't jump on every train that's passing by! Calm down and try to see such things more through the pink glasses! You will live far better with that :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 12:49:38 PM »
First of all Syno.....I have treated you just like any other member on this forum from the very start, despite of indeed seeing some "things" about you.

I believe in treating people alike, wether they are white, black, red, gay, fat, short, or even world record holders  ;) ;) ;D ;D

This ALSO means that, like anyone else here, you might get my honest and sometimes quite direct opinion about some things....I admit I have a bad habit sometimes, and sometimes I am in "that mood" :D

In essence I have no problem about it if someone wants to put something on e-bay and than post about it here. But you posted about it here FIRST, in fact, you still haven't put up links here to the e-bay auctions (are they on yet ?).

My look at this forum and the arcade hobby scene in Europe maybe a little bit too idealistic.....I think we should help each other as much as possible. That doesn't mean you should stop trying to get a decent price on something you sell though !!!

Look at my Galaxian (sorry, have to mention Galaxian again ;) ;)) , I mean the Bally-Midway. I bought that machine and I thought I would NEVER sell it. Who would have thought I'd find a Japanese one, not me !!!
So when I decided I had to let the B-M go, I wanted a decent price and I named it. That was even BEFORE people started to argue about it and only then I did some calculations and it turned out I made a "huge" profit of about ....75 euros's or so ? (Not counting the amount of hours put into it).

Anyway what I'm trying to say: I could have put that one on e-bay, then put a link here and see if I could max-out the price on it. But I preferred to see it go to another collector here who would love it and care about it as much as I did. And yes I DID want to get the amount I stated, which was pretty high for a Galaxian but if I wouldn't have gotten that amount it would just have stayed here, it was the amount of money I was willing to let it go for....

Now all of that doesn't need to apply in your choice so that is why I regretted posting the comment I made and said sorry.

I do still not agree with your comments about me overexposing about the Japanese Galaxian. First of all, the threat in where this machine was found was a in the business/for sale section, it was just how this machine was "discovered"....so there were postings about it there. Then I figured it would be better to have a separate thread about the restoration.
The buttons thread....mmm, well dunno why I created another separate thread for it really...I think because of the method I used to get them to look better.

Anyway, please excuse me for sharing all my experiences in getting this machine back to a nice working situation. I tend to write up a lot of stuff here, partially for my own "bookkeeping" but mostly because I hope people learn from it (like I do) and might have some use for it in their own resto's and or at least might find it entertaining or interesting to read.

Sometimes I see people post a thread about a machine showing a "before" and an "after" picture, but I always love to see all the steps how they came to that results, even if it's the "same thing" we've seen on other resto's.

It takes quite a bit of time to write up, make pics, shrink and upload them etc. etc. but I feel it's the essence of this forum. It's also why I miss Ully's threads a lot these days....

OK the most important thing: I am not ignoring your remarks about printing the silver. I have read them and they are in the back of my memory for sure !

The way I feel about restoring machines is constantly "moving". When I started I thought replacing every tiny damaged thing was the way to go. But more and more, I feel keeping things original is more important, even if there's damage. The bezel is pretty damaged for sure but I would like to see if there's a possibility to save it still. I have my doubts though.
If there is a way to do a perfect scan (see Paul's work on the Phoenix bezel) and get a perfect file that can be perfectly printed and applied to a plexi (I can provide a perfect plexi with holes drilled etc.) than I am still very much interested ! I just have't arrived in that phase of the project yet, as you've seen I've been quite busy getting a PCB to work/ learning about the Fluke 9100A.
Now I have a working PCB my next step will be looking into the harness and monitor situation.

Anyway, there is no personal vendetta against you at all in fact, I don't remember anywhere where I did before (if so please PM me with links).

Bruno sure had his criticism from my point ..... but we are still arcade friends. Alpha1 ? Mmm, no never think we had an argument, but we could survive one for sure.

Yes I know a lot of people in person here but that doesn't mean I am treating them differently.

One last thing:
If you'd know me in person you would never have made the comment about that I am being more popular than you.....that for sure is the last thing I'm after !

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 12:10:00 AM »

I could manage to list the NIB-Hurricane today.

Valentine, I talked with so many people about that machine, so I dont know if I came in touch with you.
If you are interested please drop me a line by hannes.slanec@gmail.com :)

Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291532598208?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D291532598208%26_rdc%3D1

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 12:17:22 AM »
You have to check your settings, I can't bid because it says item does not ship to Netherlands...

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 08:26:46 AM »

Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291532598208?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D291532598208%26_rdc%3D1

Already ended, with no bids!!! Amazing, as the starting price was only €1. Probably a game that is not loved that much.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 09:40:06 AM »
Damn ! And I bid DOUBLE that amount !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is the reason why it was ended:

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing

I thought it was possible to simply change the settings for international buyers on an existing ebay item, at least I've seen others change it by my request.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:45:35 AM by Level42 »