Author Topic: Dexter's Games Room  (Read 119996 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Dexter's Games Room
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2012, 08:15:12 PM »
You can read without loggin in too though....

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »
Yeah, thats right..

And after reading all this, i am curious if he will come back..

ah what the hell do i care, its a better ambiance here without a-holes..

Now click and have some fun instead of negative energy  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvT8jG1OVdI
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:21:32 PM by Etienne »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2012, 09:46:21 PM »
Quite incidentally I just received this PM from Chadtower on BYOAC forum:

Read from bottom to top if you want to follow....

You have just been sent a personal message by ChadTower on Build Your Own Arcade Controls Forum.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

No.

Quote from: Level42 on April 06, 2012, 01:44:44 PM

Hey Chad,

Did he contact you at all ?

Quote from: ChadTower on April 02, 2012, 10:30:36 AM

Yeah, I doubt he's ever going to make good, and I don't understand why he keeps coming back.

I still haven't found a dildo stick for my Berzerk but I haven't really been looking either. 

Quote from: Level42 on April 02, 2012, 06:07:14 AM

Hey Chad, long time !

Look who had the nerve to resurface recently:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=628.msg48666#msg48666

I bet he still owes you the money for the Berzerk stick ?

He started of with PMing me if he would be accepted again if he made up for his wrongs. I replied that he could pay for the Jaguar games I sent him, He said OK and I sent him my PayPal address. Not surprisingly he answered he didn't have a PP account anymore, I replied that that was probably because he was kicked out because of fraud, he replied it was because of his ex wife closing the account everytime he tries to open it.... so then he suggested other (impossible) payment options and then said he would pay through a friends PP as soon as he got his salary and would hand his friend the cash.

This all sounds 100% scam to me and I will believe it when I see it. I also mentioned he should make up with you and the two Australian guys as well until I would treat him normally....well see I have no trust really....

Just wanted to let you know,

Cheers, André

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2012, 07:55:36 AM »
I'm with Ully. Things can go wrong and one can be given a 2nd chance. Dexter didn't use it to sort things out.

Remove him from the forum before he can fool another one!

If other guys will get fooled in the future they could blame the forum "You're to be blamed because you knew what sort of guy he is".

If I would be Dexter in this case I would send the money to André and never come back here. IMHO this would be the best he could do.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
Remember that Andre's first concern is not the 60 bucks, it would be nice to have that back ofcourse, but the main reason he was very pissed off which i can understand is that he was "shut up" by moderation.

Now moderation is ofcourse nessecary, and i can understand bruno also, dont get me wrong.

I assume he wants to keep the things nice which is also a good thing.

The fact that i saw was that by this moderation, andre felt he was put down, and that the moderation "choose" for the side of a scammer.

Now i dont say that that was ment in that way, but it did provoke andre, so i can understand the feeling.
No offence to bruno, but IHMO i think Andre did earn more credit than a known scammer.

Also Dex is there and he can defend himself in this thread if he wanted to, but he didn't and also did not come clean (as expected)

I am not posting this to provoke anything, just want to have this of my chest and as a last comment from my side to close this issue for myself and we can continue in a nice and cool way we had before our friend f#cked things up  ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2012, 09:23:19 PM »
Well, I must confess I didn't really pay attention to all the facts of this 'story' at the very beginning of it. In true, these last months I spend most of my free time for my daughter, my mind is less 'into the arcade stuff' ATM (parents here know what I'm talking about). So I didn't really take time to investigate on the Dexter's background. I got a private message from him, and somehow, I was 'touched' by his message, and really confident about his intention. It's always touching when someone decide to "make right his wrongs", and yes, I'm that kind of guy who think that an happy end is always possible (like the end of Jedi, when Vader is no more on the dark side ;D)... unfortunately for everyone (no money for André, no 'redemption' for Dexter, mess on this post...) , facts prove now that I was wrong about Dexter, but hey, I'm not a prophet. The neutral position doesn't mean I don't support André. You may compare this neutral attitude as my way to say 'just wait a little bit'. But I can understand now this can be misinterpreted, and why André was mad about this. There was no bad intention about André, my apologies if it was too rude (I'll consider more things concerning moderation in the future by the way).
André is a great arcade friend for me in our great community, and a great contributor on this board. There no doubt he did earn TEN THOUSANDS more credits than a scammer!
It's now clear Dexter will have to fix all the problems with all the guys Andre mentioned before 'hoping' joining our arcade community again... I hope (for him) he will, even with all these growing problems...

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27:25 AM »
I am happy about the way you see it Bruno, which also gives us a better view at why you made a mistake.

A mistake is ofcourse human, and i hope that all this will be behind us.

This makes me think, i can understand as a parent that children can take away alot of time from the hobby, and thats good!
It is afterall hobby, and that means having fun outside of the standard "obligated" things we need to do.

This makes me also think that maybe since the board is growing and growing, this board maybe needs more moderators.
Its difficult to moderate everything by one person especcially when this person is having less time to it for whatever reason.

The reason is not important, i mean you dont need to justify your reasons to us why you have less time for the hobby, thats not our business.
every human is free do do what he likes and dont need to explanate why he or she has less time.

Just an idea..

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #142 on: April 25, 2012, 09:48:39 AM »
Believe it or not but we have crazy busy times at work and thus I didnt reply earlier but I think this "case is closed". I made mistakes in this "process" too, partially also caused by things in my private life, but I'm still not proud of them. Maybe I took this all too seriously, but I think everything is clear now for everyone.
Bruno and I had two very good PMs where we both said what we may should have said already some time ago, anyway for me the air is cleared. Let's move on with positive stuff !

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 25, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
great news! really happy that this case is closed and you're back on board, andré!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 27, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »
Look who i came across while looking through collectedit.com

http://collectedit.com/member/view/31

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #145 on: June 27, 2012, 11:12:18 PM »
....on the hunt for fresh victims......can we inform the board owners ?

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 27, 2012, 11:24:48 PM »
What a jerk!!!!

Noonchester

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 29, 2012, 06:49:22 AM »
This "Steve G" guy started a transaction for a Dragon's Lair cel & background that he did not finish.  I finally gave up on this hoser and I now see I am not alone in my opinion of him.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:24 AM »
just read this on klov..

I have teamed up with my Producer Steve G my Assistant Director Scott Zeiser and we have started a Kickstarter program to fund the movie to move forward in making sure the film gets what it needs to get done.

will the money ever go to the movie....   who knows...

http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=261211

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2013, 06:35:43 PM »
So now this Steve G is a movie producer??  ??? ??? Sounds like another scam and i hope the guy who is making that movie knows who he's dealing with!!!