Author Topic: Dexter's Games Room  (Read 118914 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Dexter's Games Room
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »
Two friends walk on the street.
They are going out and plan on having fun.
One of them suddenly is attacked and knocked down by a stranger for no reason at all.
The other friend walks on and says, hey sorry my friend, but this is a matter between you and that guy....I stay strictly neutral.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2012, 07:50:28 PM »
I can understand Andre's point, but i dont know if you can compare physical attacks with a money issue in that way.

I do have my opinion and thoughts about situations like happening here now, and even if i dont express them here in public, that  does not mean i am not supporting friends.

the facts just dont lie, a statement was made that he will settle it by the 14th, and it didnt happen.. (as i expected)

Its always good to give people the benefit of the doubt, but i need to say that it is almost not possible that people change..
Yes, i say almost, because there are cases that people change, but in general is the rule "once a thief always a thief"

He says he is comming back to fix the past, and in my opinion he did show the opposite in this case.

But yes, probably the friend that should paypal to andre is the fault, lost the money, got robbed, is moving to another city, getting devorced or maybe is too sick to type in the paypal login and adress where to send it.

subscribing to paypal and transferring money to it does not take up 3 weeks..

heck, why does he not have his own paypal ?

:oops: thats probably not my business  ;)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:01:33 PM by Etienne »

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »
André, please don't think that we don't support you, I was thinking about to send you a pm. about  100 times, but later I realized, that this guy does not worth the energy to do anything about him.
I think we could be sure, that you won't get your money back, let's forget about this and get your ass back to the forum!!! ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:17:49 PM by Belike »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
André, good friend, or at least, I like to think that you're a good friend. Not only because I appreciate your presence here on the forum as the 'mister-know it-all' goeroe of the arcade scene, but also in a personal way, since we met we had a lot of great times and we did some awesome stuff together.

On several occasions you made it clear that you like to say what you think and that you appreciate that in others too.  :) So here it goes. I think that you are out of line with your last few comments, regarding not having much friends here and not being supported (enough). Personally I feel very uncomfortable with these words, not (only) for me, but also because of other forum members. And having read the reply from Bela, I'm sure that others feel the same way. They might even feel insulted.

In fact, I think that the opposite is true, most regular forum members, if not all, and including me, support you, be it in words here on the forum, verbal or in silence. And regarding the 'silent' members, you must understand that not everybody wants to get involved in an issue, not because they are unsupportive, but because they think that they have no valuable contribution. But even if they have no reason why they didn't communicate here, doesn't mean that they don't agree with you.

So, I think thay you really are to harsh and that you jump to conclusions too quickly.

And even if they don't agree with you, or like to give Dexter the benefit of the doubt for some reason, that should be no problem. After all, we are people, who not all have the same opinions (I like Galaga, you like Galaxian, I know for a fact that Ramcontrols are scammers because they ripped me and others off, you have no problem with them because you never got ripped by them). But you know what? That is great, because else life (and internet forums  ;D ) would be very dull. And the best thing is that those people who sometimes have different opinions can still be great friends with each other.

In this case, Dexter really seems to be a scammer, you're right and others will be disappointed (again) in him because they want to see the good in people, as I do. Anyway, for everybody it's a bad thing happening in the community. Again, you got scammed, welcome to the world.  :'( I'm sure that everybody here has been scammed once or more often in their lives, but we deal with that, and so will you.  :)

I know that you told me that you're sometimes fed up here, but I'm sure that you still read this topic and probably everything else  ;) So I call on you, just know that you have a lot of friends and good friends here, who you all got to know through this hobby and this forum, consider this scam dealt with and come back to the forum. I already told you that without your input this forum will be a lot less interesting (well, at least a bit, I don't want to provoke the other members.  ;) ;D )  Besides, we don't want to lose a good friend.

Just my two cents.

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2012, 08:22:42 PM »
+1  :).

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
I have really really few time for the hobby (and for relaxing in general) at the moment (and the 2 coming weeks will be even worse goddamnit) so I just take a quick look at my favorite forum (this one) from time to time and don't even have the time to comment properly or post cool stuff (yes, I have some material that I'd love to share with you buddies)... but if I only post one thing this month, I HAVE to take the time to react to this post and I say loud and clear "+1" to Erik's post because as you know, like him I like Galaga more than Galaxian (oh and also for the other stuff he wrote too, of course). Now let's bury this PITA of a topic for ever under all the CRT neck I've broken over the years and move on to the real arcade sh*t.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2012, 08:57:25 AM »
Dexter had his chance to sort things out....he didn't...he should be banned!

I totally understand André. In a summer vacation in South France we met some other Germans. 3 days before we left he asked if we would have a book for him that we don't need anymore. All we had was a book that I have given my wife as a gift. We both had finished it and we said he could have it but should send it to our home when he's back in Germany. He agreed, he was very very thankful and spoke many "loving" words. My wife wrote name and adress on the first page of the book because a piece of paper could easily be lost.

Guess what. We have been waiting a very long time for the book to show up but it never arrived. I was so angry and so disappointed. Of course it was just a book and it was only ~25€...but it was a gift to my wife and that guy promised a thousand times to send it back.

The book finally returned to us after three years....it was unbeliveable that I met this guy again.....on one of our Daddelparties!!! He apologized a thousand times and he was very ashamed.....too late IMO. Shipping a book is not that spectacular and difficult....

To make a long story short: someone who acts like Dexter in this case should not be part of this community! Don't let this guy make André move away from the forum!!!

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:01:21 AM by Luigi »

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2012, 03:26:08 PM »
if I make a quick judgement, I dont think the money isn't even the issue for our big Feyenoord terrorist over here ;)

I think as a Dutchman, it hurts him when he was being unabled to type out his thoughts, opinion and his facts and everything about the matter, and at the end even was supposed to believe a new bullshit promise again, for the benefit of the doubt (when EVERYTHING pointed in the other direction). But when Andre did, he got put to silent. That's wrong, especially on a forum, where to whole idea is to speak out on no matter what.

I think he'll come back. Arcade's forums are in his blood I think, so dont worry

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2012, 03:48:40 PM »
RR, you hit the nail EXACTLY on the head, I couldn't have explained it any better myself.

I don't give a shit about the money, I have written it off years ago.

Bruno sent me a PM yesterday if we can discuss things quietly on the phone. I'm not a phone man at all, so I sent him a PM and I don't see a reason to once again put things under the ground when there is some form of disagreement. Friends should TALK if they don't agree and everyone should be able to join in IMHO.

The contents of that PM could just as well be published right here IMHO because I have got NOTHING to hide from anyone here. That is also what I wrote in that PM.

My return here depends on some things to change, exactly those things RR mentions.

IMHO Bruno made a mistake by trying to stay neutral in a situation that was clear from the very first moment. I don't like to brag, but I think my contributions to the community and this forum outweighs those of Mr. Dexter somewhat.
IMHO Bruno should have PMed Dexter that UNTIL he had settled things with me (and preferably with the others as well) he was not allowed to post here. I actually warned Dexter not to do so until he paid me because else I would "blow the whistle" on him so the newer member here would know who this clown is and the older members would remember (by the way, here's his picture, should you ever meet him down-under:
(NOTE HE PUT THIS PICTURE UP HIMSELF IN THE VERY START OF THIS THREAD).

I felt left in the cold by someone who says he regards me as a friend in this hobby. Bruno could still have remained neutral as mod by simply temporarily blocking Dexter's account until he got the word from me he had settled things with (at least) me.

My return on this forum is in Bruno's hands. I can't keep posting here, constantly having to watch my words. I am simply to "vocal" for this. Blame my upbringing, blame my Rotterdam background or Dutch or whatever, but this is what I am. As long as things stay respectful (no cursing/personal attacks) I think everything should be possible to discuss, after all that is the meaning of the word FORUM.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:59:44 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »
i've tried to stay out of this as much as possible, but it would really be a great loss to this forum and to me as an (arcade) friend if you would disappear from here, andré! i hope you'll get things resolved with bruno quickly. as far as dexter goes, i'm someone who believes in second chances and i was ready to "re-welcome" him here on this forum, but HE BLEW IT BIG TIME - AGAIN!!! those excuses regarding payment were simply l-a-m-e!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »
The excuses I have seen so far from Mr. Dexter:

-divorce (at the beginning of his thread he introduces his fiancé....things can go quick of course,maybe he scammed here too ?:
-my computer is on the other side of the country
-moving house
-I have no USB cable
-death of GF's niece
-waiting for my mate to do (fill in your choice, think of something, anything)
-have to first get paid (pay day is at the end of the month here, 12th of the mont seems a strange date ? I do realize some countries still have weekly pay days)
-have to....

uhhhh why bother. All this was clear from here:
https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=1007.0

This (plus Chadtower's and the 4th guy's story) made me not trust him from the start of his return. I _STILL_ gave him a chance.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2012, 05:23:39 PM »
I think the best one is: "My Computer is on the other side of the country"  :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Andre, did you ever think that Ronald Reagan's words would be in line with your opinion?   ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:25:26 PM by Ronald Reagan »
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »
LOL !!!! So funny you mention that because that was actually I wanted to start my reply to your previous post with :)

"Never thought I'd ever REALLY agree with Ronald Reagan". Thanks buddy, and that despite the fact that I fractured your hand with a Centipede !  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2012, 07:56:41 PM »
Hmmmm, maby this case should be treated the same way as the Mav case??...

And from my perspective, the Ram issue and this issue is not the same; as Ram isn't a member here, and don´t advertise/"contribute" like Dexter did...

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »
He has alot of reading to do if he decides to login again..

Last Active:

17 April 2012, 08:01:49

thats one day before the "tic-toc-tic-toc"