Author Topic: Dexter's Games Room  (Read 118910 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Dexter's Games Room
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2012, 11:35:02 AM »
Let it be noted that I only still post here to handle this issue.

I am only interested in getting back my money. You never finished that artwork and you are just serving it up here again to buy more time. IF I am wrong about that you can send me the files within 48 hrs digitally and I will consider the case closed. NO excuses that your PC is on the other side of the country etc.

The bare fact is that I still have nothing on my PayPal. You PMed me that you had to wait to get paid (salary I presume ?), then give the cash to your friend who will then PM me. So what is your expected day that this may happen ? Let us agree that you should be able to do this within one week from now.

Did you contact the other guys I mentioned yet, like Chadtower ? Did you offer him to send back his money ?

Anyway, the files in my mailbox within 48 hrs or the money (60 Euros) on my BANK account within 7 days. ( I say bank account because I will have to transfer the money to my bank account to make sure you do not withdraw the payment again from PayPal.....).

THEN I need reports from Chadtower and the other two guys that you have settled things with them and THEN and ONLY THEN we are in the clear.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:45:13 AM by Level42 »

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2012, 11:42:24 AM »
Strange fact that a few people are complaining about Dexter and not about Ram Control ... business is business.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2012, 11:54:52 AM »
Strange fact that a few people are complaining about Dexter and not about Ram Control ... business is business.
Well you are completely wrong with comparing these two.

First, the Dexter case was NOT business. He offered to do vectoring the artwork of the Joust marquee without requesting anything in return. Because I am a good and trusting person, and because I had read that he collected DL/SA games in all formats AND because I happened to know two Jaguar version for sale here iHolland, I thought it would be a nice gesture as a thank you for his hard work, to buy them for him and send them. The rest of the story is clear enough.....nothing was ever made or sent to me.

So, instead of this being a bad business transaction, I felt totally screwded by him. He broke my trust in members in this community and from that point on I have been much more cautious with my dealings.

Later, I found out that others on other forums had similar things (stuff that I would consider business transactions, like Dexter offering a bat joystick to Chadtower, Chad sending him 100 dollars and Dexter sending nothing.

Please read the other links I posted to for the other guys who got scammed too.

Now, personally I have NEVER had one bad dealing with RAM controls. Because of the bad reports though On my last dealing with him I took the neccesary precautions, to which ram controls (whoever that may be today) agreed. The item was in my hands within 7 days. I cannot call that scamming. He sent me the item, I paid the agreed money, succesfull business deal done, period.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:57:54 AM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2012, 05:39:29 PM »
48 hours have past. Nothing in my mail box. Nothing in my PM. Nothing on my PayPal account....not even a response here....

Dexter

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
Pay day is the 12th of April, you'll see the funds by the 14th in your PayPal

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »
+1 No difference. The fact that André hasn't been scammed by Ram Controls makes Ram Controls no less scammer.

Well at least one of them seems to make an effort to settle things from the past, I hope for you André that Dexter keeps his word.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2012, 12:07:44 AM »
Tic-toc tic-toc....

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:54 AM »
haha come on, you could have seen this one coming.

Never trust a false promise which is made for no reason, only to please your sense of 'trust' in humanity. Your alarmbells should have been ringing when he blamed his unhealthy relationship with his girl for not being able to pay or whatever. Wat een drogreden ;)
It's always someone else's fault.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »
...tic-toc tic-toc...

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2012, 02:26:46 PM »
Nuno, that topic thread should be closed.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2012, 04:43:43 PM »
Oh yeah and why is that  ???? Mr. Dexter sent me a PM on April 12 that he transferred the money to his "friend" who would then PayPal me, well ther is still NOTHING on my PayPal account.

Look back a couple of postings, he claims the money would be in my PayPal account on the 14th.....

It is 20 April now.....bank transfers take only a day these days and PayPal is INSTANT. The only conclusioon can be what I already said before: Dexter lies and is a scammer.

I would like to thank the very few of you who actually supported me, and I must say I am greatly disappointed by the lack of support from others who I thought were my friends.....

But in the end it turns out who was right here. Just like I predicted.

Enjoy your Mr. Dexter here on this forum, I am sure he will be a great asset to the community !!!!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:52:51 PM by Level42 »

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2012, 04:51:26 PM »
Level42, dont jump to conclusions so fast. Probably the 'friend' who would pay you by paypal is to blame!

:wink: ;D :'(
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2012, 04:57:14 PM »
Level42, dont jump to conclusions so fast. Probably the 'friend' who would pay you by paypal is to blame!

:wink: ;D :'(
Yup. Thanks for totally understanding this from the very first moment and supporting me ! You were one of the two or three....

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2012, 06:29:05 PM »
Well, let me resume what we have here.

Someone came back from nowhere, on its own initiative, in order to fix mistakes from the past.
He seems to have no particular reason to come back, so it's rather wise to give him the benefit of give doubt. Or at least a certain time. It's my nature to think that first.
Regrettably he didn't take the opportunity to pay Level 42 so far.

This topic has been reopen since almost three weeks from now, and I doubt there is really something more to debate on this. It's now a matter of 'does he sent the money or not?'.
As far as I know André is the only one on this board who has an issue with Dexter? That is probably because no one react on this topic.
That doesn't mean they don't support you... it's just that there's nothing to say, like they didn't say nothing regarding Dexter either. We/they/I just follow a money issue between two guys on a public topic.

What I propose is to close this topic for now, and when André will get the money or other information that the 'Community' should be aware of, I'll re-open it for sure.
Sounds fair guys?

Now André , I expect to ready you on your best topics like the Eurocade stuffs, Drive talkin', XY monitors, and other CRT Rejuvenator explanation (even if I don't understand everything)  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2012, 07:06:32 PM »
looks like andré has said good-bye to this forum because of the "dexter issue"!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!