Author Topic: New Arrival. French Atari Super Breakout.  (Read 9041 times)

smarty

• Hampshire, UK.
    • View Profile
    • Jumpnfire.com
New Arrival. French Atari Super Breakout.
« on: February 28, 2015, 12:23:56 PM »
Hi Guys,

I had a new cab arrive this week and though I’d show a few photos.  ;D

Some of you guys may have more info on it being a French Atari built, It was bought in an unknown state, but after various tests it only appears to have a game board fault which I’m currently working on. Its made from 100% chipboard which is a shame, theres some slight swelling on the left side by the CP. I'm not sure what the monitor chassis is but it has an audio amplifier onboard, the only wiring in the cab that has been hacked about is the interlock wiring, everything else seems to be original.

Other than needing a deep clean its in great condition. The plan for the next few months is to clean it up and get it sitting next to my other two B&W cabs.

This last image is from the same cab type that was sold on UKVAC a few years back, seems identical to mine other than the fact mine is missing a nice front glass bezel. I’m not sure if this is the standard Atari breakout size, if it is I should be able to get an original replacement.

www.jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: New Arrival. French Atari Super Breakout.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:20:32 PM »
Ok they maybe not the most beautiful cabs ever, but these are some damn unique and rare Atari machines !!!

extremely cool IMHO, but then I'm aan Atari junkie ;);)

Congrats !!!

It's rather funny to see how poorly they recreated the Atari logo and they didn't bother using the correct font for the name at all :):)

Needless to say that for archiving and the future you should really try and scan or at least do very good photographs of all artwork and cool docs like that monitor sheet inside.....very unique stuff !!!

smarty

• Hampshire, UK.
    • View Profile
    • Jumpnfire.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:24:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply  :)

Ok they maybe not the most beautiful cabs ever, but these are some damn unique and rare Atari machines !!!
extremely cool IMHO, but then I'm an Atari junkie ;);)

Yes they have a certain charm, like bootlegs but this is official, and yeah has to be pretty rare in the scheme of things.

Needless to say that for archiving and the future you should really try and scan or at least do very good photographs of all artwork and cool docs like that monitor sheet inside.....very unique stuff !!!

Haha yes thats the plan. That monitor sheet is cool, it's like they provided the spec for the tube and it was down to the factory to source a compatible chassis to pair up with it. Unfortunately all the small text is pretty much illegible, I'm not sure if the ink has expanded on the paper or if it was always like that, but anyway once i strip the cab I will get scans made up.

Cheers!
www.jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 11:44:53 AM »
Hmm never saw that version, i need to say i like the shape of it, its different than the standard bulky breakout.

nice !

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:57:18 PM »
 :spaceace:

never seen, thank you for sharing!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 05:17:56 PM »
Nice machine.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 01:22:57 PM »

I like it, something you dont come across often, I think!
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

P-man

• View Profile
    • Arcade stuff to buy!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 01:13:19 AM »
I'm the owner of the 'Breakout' pictured above... I now live in the USA and i brought it with me :)

I'm about to go and power it up for the first time right now.... it has not been powered up by me or the previous couple of owners... i dont hold out any hope any of it works :)

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 02:41:31 AM »
That thing is pretty cool!

smarty

• Hampshire, UK.
    • View Profile
    • Jumpnfire.com
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2015, 01:54:37 PM »
I'm the owner of the 'Breakout' pictured above...

You got it for a good price IIRC. I sse you have a pic of the cab on your site and is Blue on the sides and below the coin door. Is that Paint or original laminate/vinyl? 

A scan of the monitor glass would me most awesome if at all possible in the future  ;D

So did it work then?...
www.jumpnfire.com

MOST WANTED CABS:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2015, 04:09:29 PM »
This last image is from the same cab type that was sold on UKVAC a few years back, seems identical to mine other than the fact mine is missing a nice front glass bezel. I’m not sure if this is the standard Atari breakout size, if it is I should be able to get an original replacement.

Be quick!!! One for sale right here...

P-man

• View Profile
    • Arcade stuff to buy!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 01:44:00 AM »
I'm the owner of the 'Breakout' pictured above...

You got it for a good price IIRC. I sse you have a pic of the cab on your site and is Blue on the sides and below the coin door. Is that Paint or original laminate/vinyl? 

A scan of the monitor glass would me most awesome if at all possible in the future  ;D

So did it work then?...

The bezel is different from the usa version, its glass - and it says 'europe' under the Atari logo :)

Yes, it was a good deal when i got it, but its also completely dead, and missing backdoor and the pcb :\ I powered it up the other day for the first time, the monitor is a French thing, runs on 24v! i don't know whether its worth trying to fix it or remove and replace with another monitor for reliability, this one has al ot of corrosion and rust.

The blue and orange is laminate not painted...

I have some iron-on black edge trim to go onto this cab when i get to it. Unfortunately U.S. customs emptied, inspected and refilled my container (and charged me another few thousand dollars) and damaged some cabinets, they put some extra dings in the front control panel for me :(