Author Topic: Eurocade 2015...the 5th......OldSkool ! :D  (Read 180620 times)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
Re: Eurocade 2015...the 5th......OldSkool ! :D
« Reply #330 on: September 14, 2015, 12:14:33 PM »
Hi guys,

Thank you all for this great Eurocade. Loved it. Special thanks for the Eurocade team and extra extra special thanks for André and Wilma. Lets not forget all those who brought some goodies for me like Galaxian overlay, power supply, highscore save kit, manual. You all rock !!!!!

Frogger is now in the basement where it can get some much needed love and a cap kit! ....and another jocstick  :-\

chuppacabre

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 14, 2015, 01:28:59 PM »
I had a blast, thanks

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 14, 2015, 01:35:33 PM »
As always the Eurocade was awesome.
This was the first "intmitate version"  i've been to, I'm really digging the vibe compared to the Retrogame Experience related versions before this!

As always, thanks to everyone for the brilliant experience!
I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone. But what can you do  ;)

Once again, thanx, you guys are awesome!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #333 on: September 14, 2015, 02:11:28 PM »
Guys what can I say ?

I still have to clean up loose stuff like TVs, consoles/computers, there are 2 arcade machines in my living room/kitchen that need a better place and there's boards and stuff all around and my mind says I have to clean up all that stuff but my body seems to refuse in every possible way :D

What a fantastic edition it was !!!! Although we seriously missed some of the regular people who sadly couldn't make it, the event was simply awesome !!!

It was great seeing all the old friends again, all those crazy people who are willing to drag cabs around western Europe for just one day.....you are nuts in the best possible way and without you Eurocade would be nothing !  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

It was also great to see some people who had been to the RGE's but not to the "bithplace" of Eurocade before and it was good to see they enjoyed this event at least just as much ;)

And it was great to welcome some first-time Eurocaders like the Tenpence guys from the UK and Arch all the way from Norway !!
It's crazy, but classic arcade videogame love simply seems to bring the most cool people together !!

Admittedly I had experienced some stress before the event, but that washed away within some seconds when the first guys with cabs arrived on the friday :)

I also must thank our sponsors for providing some very worthwhile prizes:
www.arcadeforge.de
www.rewindgames.eu
and Jochen and Stefan for providing the nr.1 prize, one of those ultimately cool hi-score/internet kits ! :)

Also a big thanks to Jinkxz from www.shadaloo.eu for providing the awesome Eurocade shirts, they turned out brilliant.
(By the way, we still have two available, one size M and one XXXL).

Further thanks: The awesome crew. Every year it amazes me how the various talents of these guys came together and make this event possible, from moving the musical instruments to the storage room, to vacuuming the floors after the event, every little contribution is important.

Gyruss, thanks for the overall general help and without that bus with tail gate lift.........we would have been screwed, so thanks to B&G for providing that too !
Robin, thanks for preparing the Nibbler board and machine....but next time please choose the easier ROM set version ;) ;) ;) (Although this did keep games nice and short ;)) and for the technical wizardry here and there when needed.
Chris...our own Graphical Artist for the awesome design work on the logo, shirts and being patient and tolerant with my stubborn comments ;)
Etienne: big thanks for that totally amazing piggy-bank ICB machine.....totally amazing in every way ! You need to start serial production of these....you will be rich ;) Also....setting up the music, electricity etc.
Erik: Eurocade's CFO and general force....but also master of removing and installing back curtains ;) You rock my friend !

ANd I have to thank the bar volunteers (although they probably won't read it):
John, Ria, Yolanda and last but not least, Wilma for giving up their free time to help behind the bar and serve dinner etc. etc.  :spaceace: :spaceace:

In case I forgot something/someone....SORRY ! :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #334 on: September 14, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »
Pics:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #335 on: September 14, 2015, 02:14:44 PM »
More pics:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #336 on: September 14, 2015, 02:24:44 PM »
1: The wizard behind Atari ST game music like the awesome Wings of Death (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXokFFlROfM) and many others..... but now...the creator of the awesome Hi-score/save kits :)

3: The Tenpence podcasters at work :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #337 on: September 14, 2015, 02:26:29 PM »
more piccies....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #338 on: September 14, 2015, 02:30:04 PM »
and more...

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #339 on: September 14, 2015, 02:30:15 PM »
Damn it! It's clear I missed something huge  :oops: ... thanks for these pictures & videos! I'm happy you all had a blast!
This community rocks!  :)
 :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #340 on: September 14, 2015, 02:34:42 PM »
We missed you buddy ! How did your event go, hope you had a lot of attention from people ! :)

More pics :)

1. Leo = Luke Skywalker ! :D

3. For the first time next to each other, the cousins from the US and Italy :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #341 on: September 14, 2015, 02:40:04 PM »
and even more pics...

OK, one more in the dark to show the beautiful vectors.......Lunar Lander and Asteroids. Same cabinet. Built on different continents and so many differences in details...
The most strange one: the Italian Asteroids is WAYYYYY lighter than the US Lunar.....mist be the power brick, heavy throttle handle and ....different wood...

Second pic....the awesome Space Encounters....one of the most awesome B/W raster games made ?  Love it !

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #342 on: September 14, 2015, 02:41:43 PM »
And of course there was always loads of fun at the bar :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #343 on: September 14, 2015, 02:48:51 PM »
Damn it! It's clear I missed something huge  :oops: ... thanks for these pictures & videos! I'm happy you all had a blast!
This community rocks!  :)
 :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

It does....we totally missed you and people like Vernimark, Kroustibat,Atarimania, Tyrem, Speleo_DE (and family), Bomjac, Superuly and Muerto.....seriously hope to see you guys again on a next edition....

Uploading my short walkthrough video here:

https://youtu.be/vHMeypMLiBk
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:19:07 PM by Level42 »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #344 on: September 14, 2015, 03:10:26 PM »

It does....we totally missed you and people like Atarimania, Tyrem, Speleo_DE (and family), Bomjac, Superuly and Muerto.....seriously hope to see you guys again on a next edition....

I am very sorry that I did not make it this time! Really sorry!!! I promise to be back next year.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!