Author Topic: Eurocade 2015...the 5th......OldSkool ! :D  (Read 179012 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Eurocade 2015...teasing!? :-)
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »
Put my name on the list right now!  8)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 12:09:02 PM »
Have to talk to Dirk but I guess we will be there and can bring two cabs  :)

@Ully: sorry you can't be there  :-[

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 12:14:37 PM »
I'll be there, I prefer to bring my DK because it's easy to take downstairs. I'll ask my buddy Laurent to bring his Zacc Hyper Olympic .

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Eurocade 2015...the 5th......OldSkool ! :D
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
Awesome friends, list updated !

I really feel bad about having to take the decision of moving the weekend....in fact, that decision was more made for me by the club.....

I realize for Behle it's good news, but it's not for Ully and I totally regret that as he wasn't able to attend the previous 2 Eurocades for the same reason.....but there's really not anything I can do about it :(

If things go well we should have WIFI in a month or two (they have to dig a cable from the street, we don't even have phone there now !) at the clubhouse.....

Would be great if we could have some of the "internet high score kits" on one or two machines and run a competition on those ?  :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 05:44:04 PM »

Would be great if we could have some of the "internet high score kits" on one or two machines and run a competition on those ?  :)

something like this does not exist....

;) sure. would be our pleasure to provide cabs with the kits... or bring cabs ready to upload.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Behle

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 06:07:43 PM »
Behle Cab?

Thinking about a Hyper Sports....so both Hypers could stand beside.
If i only can get a small car, i will bring an Table...Lady Bug for the girls or No man's Land for the red-blooded male  ;D

unfortunately i can't say it so early...i'm sorry...that is the problem without a car....

Sjaak

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 06:12:04 PM »
I will be there with the Pac Man Battle Royale cabinet

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 07:45:30 PM »
No problem Behle. My female part votes for Lady Bug. In fact, it's a shame we didn't have this game at previous editions. BITD I saw (and played) 10 times more Lady Bugs than Pac Mans for some reason.
Very underrated but fun game ! :)

I'll just put down 1 cab :D

Sjaak: sorry forgot to put you on the list already. May do assume Mrs. Sjaak will be joining the party again too ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 07:53:36 PM »
If the moving Outrun is here, I will be there.  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
Good luck for preparation guys.
I seriously doubt that. The owner doesn't have the means to move it and we're not renting big vans/driving all across the country to pick machines up. So, unless somebody has a big trailer or van and coming in the central area of The Netherlands....but we'd really need to talk Reboot first of all.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 08:04:25 PM »
Mind you , it would be freaking awesome to have one there, we do need one or two "big movers" there ;)

I took the liberty to add some names from this thread to the attending list: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=5449.480
PunkRockCaveman + Mrs. - cab ?
Arch - cab ?
Atarimania - cab ?
Kroustibat - cab ?
Laszo - cab ?

I've added my cabs. Ms.Pac and Q*bert are optional, meaning I would hugely prefer it if someone else could bring them for obvious reasons. The Ms.Pac sides are perfect, but the vinyl _IS_ a lot more delicate than the original.

Should I bring the Star Wars or are we sick and tired of that game by now ?

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 08:14:34 PM »

Should I bring the Star Wars or are we sick and tired of that game by now ?

are you kidding me?! OF COURSE! :) i could never get tired of it... even now. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »
I'll be there, maybe with or without Zacc CK, 3 reasons;

1. don't have my ASX anymore, and the cabinet does not fit in my current temporary Astra. (non station version)
2. don't have a hook on the current temporary Astra, so putting it into my little trailer isn't going to make sence.
3. it's a bitch to move from the attic at my mothers. (two very narrow stairs, have done it 4 times now, but its a PITA)

The first two points are the biggest problem for me, the thirth point is just an extra on top of the first two.
I write temporary Astra because it could be i have my new car by then, (which hopefully will be big enough to put it in the back, or has a hook).
But that is unsure at this moment, so for now i need to say its going to be without.
If i have any means of transportation, i will bring it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:26:50 PM by Etienne MacGyver »

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 08:30:11 PM »
we need the CK Etienne, I want to put a kill screen on it :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2015, 08:30:17 PM »
Well, we will have DK anyway, HOWEVER I still love CK for the reasons you know :)

Awesome if it's there, if not no problem, I know you will help out left and right with a lot of other stuff anyway Mr. McGyver ;)  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2015, 08:43:59 PM »
Guys, just had a quick look, the "usual" Van der Valk Hotel seems to be still in the same price range as the first years, at least if you book "last minute" now (weird huh, "last minute" booking for september....) it's 79 Euro's for a 2 person bedroom incl. breakfast for the friday on saturday night and also for the saturday on sunday night. The sunday on monday night is even 10 Euro's cheaper.

IMHO this is still a hell of a deal, I've been to some other hotels around lately and none of them could match the quality of the room and breakfast you get for this price !!!

In fact, I am kinda jealous that I don't stay there for the weekend......should I book a room maybe ??  ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://bookingtool.valk.com/rooms/Hotel+Ridderkerk/nl/0/?max_adults_in_room=5&rooms=1&room_toggle=optimal&rooms=1&adults_0=2&children_0=0&babies_0=0&rooms=1&adults_0=2&children_0=0&babies_0=0&checkin=2015-09-12&nights=1&month_offset=6&select_month_first=6&select_month_second=6&select_month_third=7

Guys if I were you I would reserve the room(s) NOW !!!!!

You do NOT have to pay now, it is only a reservation. You can still cancel for free until 24 hours before your arrival so there is practically no risk in making a reservation right away plus it guarantees you a room for this excellent price.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:55:46 PM by Level42 »