Author Topic: Finally got one: Sprint 2  (Read 9709 times)

valentin27

• View Profile
Re: Finally got one: Sprint 2
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 10:53:20 AM »
Very nice cab !

cebulba

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 11:26:31 PM »
Yesterday was a very happy day. Jochen Hippel came by to deliver the Sprint 2 cab he had loaded into his car in Hilversum because we couldn't fit it into ours due to the three Eurocade-cabs. I had bought it from Oliver (Cebulba, the guy with the countless concoles, homecomputers and TVs ;) ) who brought it to Hilversum.

Though I had never seen nor played a Sprint before, I totally fell in love with the game and the cab. And so I was looking forward to get one.

To do:
* clean the cab
* repair the left steering wheel for the black car
* check if there is separate sound for player 2 and if it works
* repair the wood on the bottom of the sides
* is the marquee area supposed to be lit?

Great you finally got it and happy with the cab.
The TV and mechanics have been repaired by Winnie the Chassis Master himself (from german AZ board) so you won't have any problems with the s/w monitor within years to come.
He told me two weeks ago  the steering worked well on both cars - so it must be a transportation issue (from Germany to Hilversum) and an easy fix?!?

Note: You didn't bought it from me. I just forwared everything for some old buddies (and now I know you in person you are in the same "older buddies" line )

Looking forward for playing this beauty at your place anytime soon - now that I live closer :-)

Capt. Kirk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 12:43:25 AM »
Today we took a closer look at the PCB. One of the 7474 TTL for left player was sick. Replaced it, Game worked (...for nearly an hour). The the screen went dark  >:(
Fortunately no Monitor- but a small Video-Output-Issue. Ok, replace of the faulty 7410. Voila, works again. Now some little sound-hazard. The NE555 for second player died.
But after fixing it with a new one, everything is fine again. Lets see how long.

Same Problems with our Midway cabs. The Space encounter lost his 'tunnel', hmpf. Guided Missile got wrong vertical lines in the picture (Shifter-Problem)

Maybe these very old games from the Mid-Seventies are reaching their final days. I read somewhere, that the TTL-ICs have a limited lifespan of approx. 40 Years

Hopefully we can keep the old bastards alive for some more years.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 01:02:45 AM »
Keep it up Dirk ! I dont believe those stories.......i mean, I dont want to believe them !! ;)

Computer Spaces are still running....those have TTL older than 40 years :)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 10:45:21 AM »

WOW :)

So now I have to go for the bottom and install new feet ;)

Oliver, great you live near us now :)
But I really consider to remove you from my 'arcade buddies'-list now that you called me an 'old buddy'  ;D :P

Today we took a closer look at the PCB. One of the 7474 TTL for left player was sick. Replaced it, Game worked (...for nearly an hour). The the screen went dark  >:(
Fortunately no Monitor- but a small Video-Output-Issue. Ok, replace of the faulty 7410. Voila, works again. Now some little sound-hazard. The NE555 for second player died.
But after fixing it with a new one, everything is fine again. Lets see how long.

Same Problems with our Midway cabs. The Space encounter lost his 'tunnel', hmpf. Guided Missile got wrong vertical lines in the picture (Shifter-Problem)

Maybe these very old games from the Mid-Seventies are reaching their final days. I read somewhere, that the TTL-ICs have a limited lifespan of approx. 40 Years

Hopefully we can keep the old bastards alive for some more years.