Author Topic: Pricecheck: Atari/Kee Tank  (Read 11757 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Pricecheck: Atari/Kee Tank
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2014, 06:30:14 PM »
I still think its a 250 - 300 euro cabinet..

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2014, 06:39:15 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2014, 06:52:37 PM »

:D
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2014, 07:35:54 PM »
You've a look at the first page  :spaceace: !

PS : Tyrem is still a follower.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:37:54 PM by jcp »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »
I know you posted that, but so did i, check page 2!  ;D

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=5708.msg83772#msg83772

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2014, 08:43:30 PM »
You've a look at the first page  :spaceace: !

PS : Tyrem is still a follower.

what is a follower? :D
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2014, 12:16:07 AM »
Quote from: Level42

... .... ..... ...... .
5) I arrange it with the seller and the buyers to be there at a certain date and time.
5) You guys decide to come with a, let's say, "questionable" van that was not equipped with a proper working jack
6) Everyone shows up on time at the right place except you and Ully. You guys were already way too late and we hear nothing about it...THEN, while we are literarily with the hand-trucks with cabs in our hands, loading them up, you guys call for help.
We asked if you guys couldn't call the ADAC (ADAC is the German ANWB for the Dutch guys, in Belgium it's "Touring") because a) we are no car mechanics b) were kinda busy otherwise already c) CKONG had rented a _decent_ van that had to be returned in time to prevent having to pay an extra day of rent.
You guys said you didn't have any ADAC membership (very smart for a 20+ year old van) and couldn't ring them (actually you still can, you just have to pay....)
SO....
7) We said we would come as quickly as we could, but you guys expected us to drop everything we had in our hands and drive right away to you guys. What kind of logic is that ??
8 ) We drove up to you guys, had to search in a foreign country with no possible navigation (we didn't bring maps, I know where the warehouse is by heart), parked on the shoulder of a busy high-way so you could use our jack....
9) all for that we got shitty messages afterwards that we should have helped right away.

Oh yeah,  I remember that crazy day,  we first picked up the night driver cab with the rented van,  remember André? And then,  while loading our games at the Belgium warehouse we got a call and we were asked to drop everything and help some guys out (not all forum members are friends,  but I respect most of them).  Knowing that we had a strict time limit because of the rented van and because there is something like a Belgian Adac we of course didn't.  We loaded our games as quickly as possible and drove off to the rescue. The detour,  again with the rented van (not unlimited mileage) to the broken van was not just a few kilometers,  but about 40 km's in total.  Boy,  we really had to put the pedal to the metal to return the van in time because don't forget,  we also had to unload our games in a storage in Rotterdam.  Mostly you can laugh afterwards about these kind oc 'events',  but I never could about this one.   ???

Laschek

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2014, 08:41:32 AM »
Ok, just some facts to consider against some continously nonsensical remarks going on:

-I am a member of ADAC since 2000. Basic membership covers Germany only. For coverage in foreign countries too you need to pay for "Gold" membership (whatever it is called). I usually never make road trips by car to foreign countries. The trip to Belgium had been the first since about 10 years and the last one since. 
So why buy Gold membership for a trip lasting not even a day? Nobody would do that. I have bills to pay and can't waste money on things I don't need.
My co-driver had gold membership, but ADAC refused to acknowledge it because he didn't drive. Not because he wasn't the owner of the car, but because he didn't drive. If we only claimed that he drove it would have been ok. Sincerity gets punished. Go figure.
-The car jack I had with me (the one supplied by the car manufacturer) could not be used because due to the way it was built: the flat tire caused the heavy front (motor) to hang down towards the ground that much so that it was impossible to fit the the jack beneath it
-My car looked crappy, yes, but was technically perfectly alright. Don't judge a book by its cover. I would have loved to have a nicer car but I am not rich and simply cannot afford it. At the time this van was my only car and I had to use it to drive to work, shopping, everything.
-The tire blew because of extremely damaged belgian roads, not because my car "was a wreck". I have never seen damaged roads like that.
-When my friends and I started this hobby and did some warehouse raids we took all the stuff by ourselves and did not do generous "community raids" because in the late 90s/early00s there was no community, none of the forums I know today existed. I signed up to the first one in 2005.
-"Scanning some stuff" might not be as heroical as helping people get cabs but it so happens to be one of the small things I am able to provide for everyone. I can't repair other peoples PCBs but I had been willing to sit down and scan and process 5000+ pages of stuff and upload for other people to use for their repairs/building adapters/etc. I don't even put my name in flaming red letters on the front because I don't do it for any acknowledgement. Though it sure is nice to get any. Still have hundreds and hundreds of pages to do. It's a stupid and tiring work, and sometimes I feel stupid and tired because I do it.
-Wurstkopp and I know each other for years from the german forums. Even in times when we where in good terms with each other I probably would have answered to his "joke" the way I did here. I might even be really rude and write "Shut up and piss off, asshole" and no one would be pissed about it because that was the way we were joking at each other. André doesn't know shit about me and just because I don't go to community meetings doesn't mean I don't know anyone in person. It is always a good thing to shut up if you don't know the background of things and moreso even if it is none of your business. It was "my" thread, Wurstkopps posting had nothing to do with my question, don't I have the right to ask him to stop offtopic remarks? I think so. But I may be wrong, but then the only person with that right is Bruno, nobody else.

I am seriously astonished about the BS going on here and I should really be disappointed in some of those people posting here that I considered decent human beings.
Oh well, lesson learned, life goes on, stupidity never ends.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2014, 09:42:59 AM »

I am seriously astonished about the BS going on here and I should really be disappointed in some of those people posting here that I considered decent human beings.
Oh well, lesson learned, life goes on, stupidity never ends.

so this is your conclusion after all this? then i am the one who is disappointed.

mikemcbike

• I'm the universal solder
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Repair Logs
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
Cool down guys, move along, there's nothing to see here...

;D

Could you please come back to "on topic"?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
250 - 350 € game depending on condition

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2014, 01:00:20 PM »
Cool down guys, move along, there's nothing to see here...

;D

Could you please come back to "on topic"?

i am totally cool yet somehow quite disappointed.
i guess the question was answered a long time ago anyway.

mikemcbike

• I'm the universal solder
    • View Profile
    • Mike's Repair Logs
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2014, 01:14:16 PM »
 ;D ...  ;)