Author Topic: Pricecheck: Atari/Kee Tank  (Read 11826 times)

Laschek

Pricecheck: Atari/Kee Tank
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:41:59 AM »
We consider selling our Atari/Kee Tank upright but need a clue on prices working/non-working.
It worked when we got it about 15(?) years ago but didn't anymore when plugged in for the 2nd time about 5 years ago, after it was moved from storage to my house.
Hadn't got the time yet to check, maybe its just some lose connectors or a fuse  ;D
Overall condition is not the best, it shows it's age of 40 years.
Any ideas?  :)

This is the only picture I happen to have at hand right now, let's play "Spot the Tank"  :P :

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:47:20 AM by Laschek »

nilfisk

• View Profile
Re: Pricecheck: Atari/Kee Tank
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »
Even without having solved the pricing riddle, I hereby declare interest ;)

Laschek

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »
Sorry, I already have someone interested, that's why I'm looking for a price range, but you are 2nd on the list  ;)

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 10:49:33 AM »
Untested Atari stuff? I'd through in 30 bucks. ;D

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

Laschek

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 10:53:16 AM »
Please keep away from my thread if you have nothing useful to say. Thanks.

Wurstkopp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
Ok.

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 11:34:09 AM »
Uhh...so first we may act as your "price guide" while the machine is not for sale to anyone here on the forum and next when somebody makes a joke you act like being stung by a wasp......WTF ??

I call this bullshit behavior x2.

Laschek

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 12:00:04 PM »
André, you should really stop caring about stuff that is none of your business, you keep acting like the forum police and it annoys the heck out of me.

1) You don't know the story behind it, WuKo's comment was a lame attempt to tease me because of something between the two of us
2) How do you know that the guy interested is not on this forum? I never mentioned that.
And since when are you obliged to sell everything to forum members?

I keep reading all the time about this super-duper "community", I can't see any of it right now.

I am sorry to think that this would be the place where I could find competent people who could help me finding a price for that cab. Seems I was wrong.

Jesus Christ...

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 12:04:59 PM »
Calm down, guys.

André doesn't know the story behind it and I wasn't fast enough to post something that could explain the situation.

André wants to keep/make this a working community where people help each other and he wants to avoid trouble. If you ever met him in person you know he's not the guy to make or cause trouble.
I don't think there's something wrong asking a price for a cab / part you want to sell. And I'm sure André thinks the same way. It's just he doesn't know the story behind the scenes.

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 12:15:43 PM »
Laschek : as far as I remember, your cab is in pretty good condition considering his age.
Great two players game, and I think (250-300)€ is a good price if not working.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 12:19:08 PM by jcp »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 12:20:22 PM »
Laschek,

This is called a FORUM, not ebay.

Expect opinions here.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »
Laschek,

Expect opinions here.

i have to agree here with andré, laschek.
no need to be rude. we had enough temper here in the past weeks.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Wurstkopp

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 01:18:52 PM »
The joke was a just a check to see if the hate (caused by an argument we had in another forum) was still active (which seems to be the case ;D). I'm sorry if I had offended you, Laschek and sorry for the offtopic stuff. Please delete this. :)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 01:28:12 PM »
The joke was a just a check to see if the hate (caused by an argument we had in another forum) was still active (which seems to be the case ;D). I'm sorry if I had offended you, Laschek and sorry for the offtopic stuff. Please delete this. :)

this again was a good expample of misunderstanding. just make everything clear in the beginning cause of course such a cab draws attention to it and there is a possibility that a dlf-member would like to buy it.

it is one thing to cause such a misunderstanding... but is it really that hard to face the reactions? just say: sorry, forgot to mention that it is promised to somebody allready... and everything is cool, with everybody. it is not cool to say: "ahh.. everybody keeps mentioning how great this board is.. i don´t feel anything like that.". if you would have been at the eurocade for example, laschek, you would exactely know what i am talking about. this went far beyond collecting cabs.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Laschek

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 01:45:00 PM »
Laschek,

Expect opinions here.

i have to agree here with andré, laschek.
no need to be rude. we had enough temper here in the past weeks.

I'm sorry, but read again and then tell me who is rude...
I have been accused of "bullshit behavior" by some guy without any clue what is going on basically because I wanted some help in finding a price, nothing else.
Thank you very much.

And yes, I know that this is a FORUM, not Ebay, that's why I came here and asked for HELP!
Too much optimism on my part, I guess.

Besides, if you are referring to the temper that went on in Synonyms roadtrip thread..., IMO that was to a great deal caused by greedy "me want!" comments by people who are not able to wait until the guy had his deal through, I am sick and tired of behaviour like that and I am sick and tired of some people in this "great" arcade "community".