Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
March 29, 2017, 11:04:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: :: Eurocade 2014 / Darth Nuno's report ::  (Read 8364 times)
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:11:50 PM »

And here we are, already the fourth edition of the...

...and this year, I'm gonna bring that little kid with me.  arrow

After almost four hours on the road, this is it! The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision...

...an amazing location for an arcade event like this, as you'll see in the next pictures!  Kiss

After unloading that cab' with the help of the effective 'cade2014 crew, here's the main entrance...

Fix It Felix Jr is now in location. This 'Nintendo' row starts to looking very good, and we expect more of them... impressive!

I'm already very curious to check the second main area, which hots some Japanese curiosities, such this Cho Chabudai Gaeshi  arrow

After ChrisChris, it's my turn to figure out the rule of this ...game?  Exclamation   Grin  arrow

Ohhh oh!!! See that monster...

Wait... many players (4), bass boomers, huge red lights flashing, dual screens...no this is not a Galaxian Theater, this is...

I'll go back on that one l8ter guys, now I'm like a kid inside a huge toys shop, and I'm first attracted by things I don't know... like this cabinet?  arrow

It's a PC and/or Xbox One? game called Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime  arrow

The game is a frantic co-op platformer-inside-a-shooter, in which players work together piloting a neon-drenched battleship to save space animals, explore the galaxy, and fight evil robots. Players must dash back and forth between the ship's control stations, manning turrets, lasers, shields and thrusters in order to dodge asteroids, blast enemies and liberate planets. Deep space is a dangerous place, but at least you don't have to face it alone!

The cabinet has been (very well) built by Sjaak, and the game is really addictive.  Smiley

Back on the main area! André -who already mastering the ipad version- is trying FixIt ...*upright* version!  Grin  arrow

Speaking about FixItFelix Jr, here's the developer of this *Arcade Movie Replica* version of the game... please welcome Sjaak (yes, also the builder of the 'Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime' cabinet)  Smiley You did a great job, I really enjoy this game *arcade tuned*, thanks again for this, in the name of the FFIJr arcade cabinet owners  Smiley

Let's have a walk and check the game here and there...

Marco playing Galaga  arrow

The 'inseparable' Pac Man / Galaxian cabinets ...

...heheh ... Mortal Kombat II ... I will reveal secret files l8ter in the topic  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin

Let's check the Nintendos row or so...(yes, yes, TobiKomi is also a part of Nintendo  Grin)

Against an other wall, see how these beauties shine in the dark  Cool Kiss  arrow

Did you ever seen that Space Invaders version, huh? What a beauty isn't it  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 07:45:02 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 07:34:57 PM »

Impossible to get bored here, there is so much to see...electronic handHeld games, vintage toys, home consoles, computers...

Wanna high score on Pac Man for a contest?

Right here  arrow

And once again...

What's this?

Yes, yes... DariusBurst EX... once again  Roll Eyes

Tongue Kiss Tongue Kiss
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 10:29:45 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 07:35:36 PM »

It's the end of the afternoon, while the Eurocade team is still '@ work', we are heading to the hotel.... already full of German!  Grin

Tonight... "Ich bin ein Berliner"...  Smiley

Ah OK, other countries are represented...

After an hard day, Italian food and few beers... it's time to take some rest before the big day.
When I told you "It's Not Only A Matter Of Games"...here's a good example ... I'm sharing a room with one of my brothers in Arcade... sorry Chrischris... I've to publish this 'unusual picture'... where's the arcade related stuff in there? huh? Nowhere, I know!  Grin  Grin  arrow

Saturday the 13th

After a nice breakfast with the company of Marjan, Mr & Ms Sjaak... here we goes for THE big day!

First, I'm happy to beat Jochen on his own game... 26510 PTS... but for how long?  Roll Eyes Anyway  Tongue  arrow

It was a great dual, Jochen! What a beautiful cab'  Kiss arrow

One of the numerous Space Zap effect?...  Grin  arrow

Got a special guest today... Sonic himself! Too bad it wasn't Barry 'Sonic 1992' under that suit  Undecided

The girl who created CENTIPEDE did it very well... it's a really 'girls catcher' game... here's Yulia (Ms Valentin27) in action... she's really good on that game and she really wanted to increase her high score (4th place in the table if I remember well)  arrow

In the same manner, could we say 'Fix It Felix Jr' is a game for kids, huh?  Grin  arrow

While this time...

The entire COIN-OP LEGACY team is playing on DariusBurst  Cool  arrow

What a great idea to use all these video projectors to fill the walls with all these console games.

OK, back in 'our' area  Kiss  arrow

Like the good old days... people playing... people watching... people waiting their turn..

And now a couple of pictures that could be titled 'Women play our arcade games'... Wink  arrow

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 10:35:11 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 07:36:24 PM »

After -for the second time- eating in that same Italian restaurant (where Zamoth stole my camera for this picture btw)...

...let's go back to the party! Close to the entrance, these huge screens... Nintendo vs Sega :

...speaking about Sega, here's Sonic playing Sonic... all is perfect in this world of arcade gaming!  Cool  arrow

There was a guy who reproduced the entire 'Sound & Vision' building inside the game MINECRAFT :

...but this is WHERE the magic happens!  Kiss  arrow

Vond vs Berzerk!  Cool  arrow

Robotron rulez!

Bela wonders how to master Pac Man...  Grin  arrow

... where the high score is set by Zam?oth?  Roll Eyes Smiley

I had the chance to play that ingenious and very fun GUIDED MISSILE ... before some graphics problems confused Anyway, black & white games rulez! arrow

DOT!  Kiss  arrow

Zamoth mastering Spy Hunter!

Impressive skill! I've never been so far in that game than him... and I discovered unseen levels, such the one where you drive on a road...full of ice!

I let Chris to comment that one  Roll Eyes  arrow

Olisan in action...

...and what about this cow Girls on Boot Hill? I told you, everything is perfect here  Smiley  arrow

Felix the Kid!   arrow

DK jr, eventually back from dead, after replacing its power supply!  Smiley

Hey? What a great idea...

... fixing a GO-Pro camera on a moving cabinet!  Kiss I'm curious to see the result!

I've seen Bat968 finishing the game... they are definitively good players @ COIN-OP LEGACY  Cool  arrow

It has been said a hundred of times but... this is the nicest Star Wars cockpit I've ever seen! And see how the vectors are glowing like hell!!!! Misssa like it!  Kiss Kiss Kiss  arrow

...and this Zaccaria Vanguard cabinet has definitively something special  Kiss  arrow

Bods (from UK) comparing Chase HQ vs SCI  Grin  arrow

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:12:37 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 07:36:50 PM »

So many great items in there...

And this is it... The Saturday Eurocade *private* party! All these games are now exclusively reserved to us! Both rooms!

Great 'party' games here  arrow

Mr & Ms Sjaak  arrow

But here's what I enjoyed the most...

What a lovely cabinet  Kiss  arrow

What a lovely game  Kiss  arrow

But, well, nothing can't beat our 'classics'  Wink  arrow

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:33:42 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 07:37:29 PM »

...the party continues...

The King Of Spies   Cool  arrow

I like the way FIFJr is played here  Grin  arrow

What's this?  Shocked arrow

...this could not be him?!  Huh?

Holy Christ, André is playing... Mortal Kombat?! Hell yeah, well done Bela!  Grin

10 print "Let's play arcade games"
20 print "Let's watch people playing arcade games"
30 print "Let's talk arcade"
40 print "Let's have fun"
50 goto 10

I'm sadly have to leave this Saturday evening... with the help of the 'cade team...

...Felix & myself are leaving the place...

...but not totally, once the cabinet loaded in the car, I'm back to deliver "EUROCADE / RGE Flea Market" stuff but also to say good bye. Unfortunately I have not seen everyone for a last 'au revoir'...  Undecided

What can I say now? Well this Eurocade was just PHENOMENAL!!! Dawn, this is the kind of meeting that should occur more often!
Congratulation to the Eurocade team for the awesome job they've done to make this happen! I really appreciated the games selection, but most important I really enjoyed to meet all the people, chatting, joking, drinking (but not too much). I can testify that everyone had the big smile!
Far more than chatting over a forum, nothing can't beat a real meeting "IRL"  Smiley You can already put my name in the Eurocade 2015 thread to come!

Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:22:47 PM by DarthNuno » Logged

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 07:45:56 PM »

Nice pics Bruno !

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
bat968

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »

Cool!
'was nice to meet you there and spend time all together!
The Coin-op Team liked pretty much the event!

>>>Coin-op Legacy<<<
 www.coinoplegacy.com
ckong
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 09:18:12 PM »

Nice report,  so far.  ☺ Thanks
Alpha1
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 10:09:54 PM »

DARIUS BURST EX!!!!!
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 10:30:25 PM »

DARIUS BURST EX!!!!!

Hell yeah!  Kiss

New pictures on slot 2   Cool

Alpha1
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 10:38:50 PM »

There was someone on leboncoin with 5 of them for sale.
muddymusic

Arcade Art Shop

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 11:49:33 PM »

It looks amazing, some superb cabs you guys have taken along. Darius Burst is awesome Cool

I love the Lucasarts display case, it contains some of my all time favourite games and it's great to see them all together.

Looking forward to more pictures Smiley

repro artwork supplier, visit www.arcadeartshop.com
Bods

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 12:38:56 PM »

It was great to be there also, meet Bruno for 3rd time but not in the UK

Great day out and meeting Eric from before Mario, his collection is simply amazing

Thanks for all the great machines to play
Luigi
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »

Thanks Bruno, great report and pictures.

I have one of the artwork of that Space Invaders that is worth to be shown IMHO Smiley  (I will attach it)

Was a pleasure to meet you again though we couldn't talk a lot. Unfortunateley when I decided to give "Fix it Felix jr." a try you and your cab had already left the building Sad

* IMG_9995.jpg (167.42 KB, 1296x972 - viewed 167 times.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: