Author Topic: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS  (Read 215043 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS
« Reply #435 on: March 06, 2015, 05:37:24 PM »

Man that made me laugh and I sure needed one !! thanks !

Let me dig up my pics....indeed it was the back door of my Joust....Ruud, the guy who build my gameroom and helps transport cabs every now and then is sometimes a bit impatient and he was while we were unloading....I couldn't support the cab just yet when he already let go....the backdoor dropped out and not only did it fall like a guillotine, it also actually has a goddamn metal plate like a guillotine on thee under side (to "hook it in" easily....).

That's why I always wear safety shoes from that moment on.....Etienne where's that picture with me with helmet, vest and safety gloves ? :)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 05:40:38 PM by Level42 »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 07, 2015, 08:42:06 AM »
That must be this one  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #437 on: March 08, 2015, 11:41:13 AM »
Damn, that was 50 Kg. ago !  ;D ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #438 on: March 29, 2015, 11:46:35 PM »
Better ? Better ! :D

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 29, 2015, 11:51:22 PM »

WOW!!! Great, did you work out too?
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Wurstkopp

• Sausage loving vegetarian
    • View Profile
    • NIKLAS HUGHES ILLUSTRATIONS
« Reply #440 on: March 30, 2015, 09:52:21 AM »
Photoshop. Here's a pic of him on his way to the supermarket:

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:56:16 AM by Wurstkopp »

Robotron, Smash TV, Final Fight, Donkey Kong, Red Tent, Indiana Jones, Galaga 88, Roadblasters SD, Centipede cabaret, Asteroids cabaret, Phoenix cabaret, MVS-U4

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
My turn...the 'battlezone incident' !  ;D  :arrow:

Back in 2007, after working on my Battlezone, I put the back door back... but I didn't put icorrectly ... and the back door falls like ...a guillotine ... on my big toe! Of course, I was working bare-foot... Dangerous hobby we have here, guys!  ;D

Dont remember me....still cant believe that, after I broke my fibula, I broke a toe too.....
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Did´nt update that thread for a while, so here what I picked at my latest visits:

Berzerk
Turbo
Arctic Gun
Flying Circus
a Gremlin Cab for a Frogger build

and next trip

Assault
Virtua Figther (had the car full of Midway-cabinets for a fellow-collector over on UKVAC, so I could´nt fit more.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

Dont know whats wrong with that bloody image hoster....I tried everything to correct the tilted images...but no chance

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
This is slowely going to an end...all the dedicated 70's and 80's cabinets arw picked except 2 DX-cabinets which I have paid and will pull in the next days.
In the coming weeks I will take the one or other 90's machine and that was it then.

The 1 year of clearence time was quite a good estimation and it makes me a bit melancholic that soon my last visits are coming.
But until that day I will for sure have some more pickup pictures for you guys.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 30, 2015, 05:12:30 PM »

I made a break since I had a lot of work that did pay....but now I finish the storage of the big vendor.
Almost everything is gone....only some reserved machines for me are left...I think I make one or two further runs, than thats was it.

Yesterday I finally found the time mood the free the burried Tailgunner II cockpit. It was under tons of parts and cocktail machines, but I think it survived quite well.

and the european Konami Simpsons.
First I thought I take it just because its there...but meanwhile I look forward to the restoration, I think it is a fun game:

Next to it an Asteroids-Clone with small vector-monitor...13" probably. I took it for my pal Nilfisk who really became a friend of the year I share the hobby with him.

Next will be the SEGA Hang-On bike....and do not look forward to that task....
Since I Alpha 1 showed me an article that stated the european Hang-On machines where produced at the Atari-plant in Tipperary/Ireland and since I have no reason to asume that this unit is an exception I hope it also divides in 3 parts with the bike remaining on the middle section with casters.
Otherwise that transport wont be a lot of fun... :oops: