Author Topic: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS  (Read 215146 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: THE ROADTRIP OF THE CENTURY REVEALED - LOOK FORWARD FOR HUNDRETS OF PICS
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2014, 10:14:15 AM »
To be completely honest, I tend to agree with Tyrem.

We have very little information about the machines, no inside pictures. From the looks of a lot of them, they have been converted (Berzerk f.i., even though it's not for sale).

Having the original board-sets and monitor in the machines makes a Huge difference in value.

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »
I should have some parts to help with the Asteroids and the Berzerk cabinets to whoever gets them.

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2014, 01:55:56 PM »

We have very little information about the machines, no inside pictures. From the looks of a lot of them, they have been converted (Berzerk f.i., even though it's not for sale).

Having the original board-sets and monitor in the machines makes a Huge difference in value.

Yes. I agree too. Anyhow depends on the prices. I can offer some money with a cabinet with no idea what I could find inside it, but we are talking about really few amounts.

Years ago I bought a not working cab. The seller told me that needed an "easy fix" and in the end the board was missing... After all he was right, if I had the board it would be an easy  fix...

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »

Yes. I agree too. Anyhow depends on the prices. I can offer some money with a cabinet with no idea what I could find inside it, but we are talking about really few amounts.

Years ago I bought a not working cab. The seller told me that needed an "easy fix" and in the end the board was missing... After all he was right, if I had the board it would be an easy  fix...

the size of this is the real problem. we are talking about tons of games... with the most desirable cabs not even for sale except the space aces (at least for me). :)
you need to know what you are doing here, otherwise this will end in tragedy.

i would have prefered fixed prices for the cabs. first come, first serve. just like we did it with the container deals.
the last thing that i want to see is that most of the cabs will stay where they are and getting trashed in the end because they will not find a new home. that would break my heart.

would it not be an option for you, syno, to buy everything and to offer it to the community? i am not quite sure why you mention all the time that you are not going to make any profit. nothing bad about that after all you had the luck to discover this place. this is a hell of a lot of work and you deserve something in return for sure. i think we all agree.

this dlf-community is amazing. we all are here to help each other and the support that i have experienced during the past years is just incredible. we all would like to help you save all the cabs in the best possible way. but i can tell you.. either way this is going to be hard work. and you really need to know what you are selling there. not only the names but the conditions and the parts in the cabs. i do have my doubts when it comes down to this.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:41:11 PM by Tyrem »
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2014, 04:25:22 PM »
Yes I see little problem in making a reasonable profit on that deal. My profit from the Belgian warehouse deal was one free Berzerk. I think that was fair for finding the stuff and mostly dragging them out of the warehouse and shipping them to my place (had to pay some transport costs too).Yet, the Centipedes, Berzerks and the Armor Attack were sold for very reasonable prices. (All the buyers are still talking to me at least, LOL).

but I can also see Syno's point. If he forks up all the money upfront he takes a lot of risk. Many cabs won't be sold or for very low prices (the generic one's). Apart from that, not everybody can upfront such an amount, I sure couldn't. AND how to move and store all those cabs until "distributed".... All those issues made me do the "group buy action" later at that Belgian warehouse....I didn't earn a penny from that but I just wanted as many as games possible saved....

However, Austria is not around the corner for most of us..

All in all I can understand all sides....I really hope Syno will find a way :)

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2014, 05:49:00 PM »
A lot depends on the context. I see a building filled with dusty cabs that needs to be emptied. i think in general it's in the seller's interest to sell all at once. so maybe you can get a real good deal and I mean really good

But I don't know the context

AsPiC

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2014, 07:15:10 PM »
Tell me if you need further close-up pictures :)

If you have other pictures, you can send me by PM. Thanks 8)

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2014, 07:58:44 PM »
Austria is not so far from me :-)

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2014, 12:34:32 AM »
@Level42.... One free cab......ARE YOU BEZERK  ;D

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2014, 04:19:39 AM »

Is it REALLY that hard to read???:

I told anybody that I have to go back to bring the machines out in the light to make hi-res-images and to test if they work.

Some members here act like I would make a jumble sale....I just picked 2 games and both are not for sale, more to come next time, so why should YOU have inside pictures when not even I have seen how they look inside??? Hell, I did not even really start pulling games out, so screw down you postulations.

Hell I even have to justify the conditions of the Berzerk although it is not even for sale.

Tyrem, to clear things here:

The problem YOU have is that you wanted me to make you an offer to make sure that you not going to pay one cent more than the smallest sum I would accept and when I told you that I (of course) try to get the best price you said:

...wir würden uns nur gegenseitig den preis in die höhe treiben. ist zwar schade, aber ich lasse dann lieber die finger davon....

Means: We only would bid against one another in the forum which would push the price up...so I keep my hands off of it.

Since that very day you try to make a bad mood against me and the find.

I am not going to explain it one more time, the serious guys have email-contact with me and wait for my mails with further pictures and informations about the conditions of there games.
I keep my agreemenst with them and I will try my best to answer all questions and to make the deal as transparet as possible....as for the other guys who does not even have commitment from me, stop you demands!

And btw, I did not ask anybody to purchase from me, in the minute I posted the images people tried to convince me to sell games and now suddenly I have to exculpate myself for the way I handle the clearing.

I am not interested in your criticsm like: "I tend to agree with Tyrem, I tend to agree with Tyrem...." You can agree with Tyrem all day long....but I dont care! I dont need anything from you or the other guys that think I have a responsability to them.

I have contact with a handful very serious members who dont bother me every day. I have the agreement with them that I go back, bring the machines out in the light, clean them a bit, photography them and test if they work, and they are ok with that.

Since you mean I do someting wrong or reprehensable I will stop answering to requests, I keep my word to the guys I have agreements with and just go on just posting pictures of the clearing.

I stop justifying for the work I do and continue to report about the clearing:

The Galaxian went home with me today, some friends came with me and I was able to make around 800€ profit for the seller.

My friend Thomas has bought a very cool Wurlitzer Cigarette-automat, some kind of old slot-machines, a small carousel-motocycle and other atique goods.

Martin took 2 old cocktail tables, one that looks like an poker-machine (buttons only) and a very very nice Phönix cocktail.

We cleaned the Phönix 2 hours long, installed power cord, plugged it in and.....

in worked flawlessly.

I do not have even one game that is in such a nice shape.
Monitor is crisp and clear, the cabinet looks almost like new, the sticks are firm and the buttons looks almost unused....it really makes me a bit jelous that I dont have such a perfect game.

Only negative point is that the image is a bit off-center but I could not find the pots to correct it.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2014, 04:21:56 AM »

Its cool to buy games from the original purchaser, now cutted wires, now nothing, it just looks the way they sold it 34 years ago, only dust - nothing else.

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2014, 04:24:10 AM »

The conditions did show after a serious cleaning-job..

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2014, 04:28:57 AM »

I have a Puckman-cocktail that lost a leg when we transportet it, it just broke out of the particle wood.

Due to that accident I decided to put it on the carpet without the legs what was looking very cool. Yesterday Martin said if he ever would get a table he would like to do the same and since the chrom of the legs were really bad and rusty we unscrewed the legs, preserved it with stretch-foil and stored it for later.

Martin was very satisfied with his new couch-table.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2014, 04:30:22 AM »

Here you can see the off-center of the image....I just cannot find pots....my NSM Puckman got the pots right next to the tube.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2014, 04:31:44 AM »

Some informations.....even that tag locked perfect!