Author Topic: I need help with some mysterious machines I have seen on a roadtrip  (Read 39022 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: I need help with some mysterious machines I have seen on a roadtrip
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Wow, never heard about that Portraits ! Must be the only one know in the world :)
Flyer says it has a TI speech synthesizer but even more interesting, it seems to take a digital picture of the player when he gets the high score and displays it ! Not unique but this idea was launched with Journey as well I believe but ditched because of the "dirty" pictures people were taking ;)

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=3531

It had a whopping 256 Kb just for that digital picture which seems a pretty high investment in RAM for just that feature at the time.

Awesome find that place !!!

Video here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kDcf2A7Skxo

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2014, 10:04:33 AM »
Found in an unMamed list that Safari (Zaccaria, 83) is a clone/bootleg of Olympia's "Portraits".

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2014, 08:12:51 PM »
Wow, never heard about that Portraits ! Must be the only one know in the world :)

The only one in the world sounds a bit overly exited....but to know more about numbers and regions would be interesting.

In what country was the company Olympia located?

I think uou are right chris, if you take the next pic in line you have a closeup of the joystick, which looks like the "pinstyle" suzo that looks like the pinstyle that zacc used.
Also if you check the font of "control base" and "fire", thats a typical font zacc used.

Exactly: font and joystick gave it away.

The Joystick also catched my attention but the Zac´-cocktails in web do look like everything but the one in my pictures:

https://www.google.at/search?q=zaccaria+cocktail&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:de:official&channel=sb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OZ7vU4XAFMKG4gSEnYF4&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=793

I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2014, 08:20:55 PM »
zacc cocktails can be easy recognised my theire " full size coindoor" 

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2014, 09:06:06 PM »
Olympia is an Italian company

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2014, 09:53:15 PM »

I did´nt see the coindoor but will double check it on the video.
I think the controls are on the short side on the cab I saw....but I am not possitive on that.

Olympia is an Italian company

Thanks for the insight...as Olympia being an european company I think there should some more Portraits around in Europe....
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2014, 10:51:10 PM »

Nice gameroom,Etienne!

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2014, 01:56:16 AM »
Wow nice find!
I can see a dribbling there  :P

About portraits: i found one some years ago but we couldn t find a good price for both. After some months the owner destroyed it...  :'(

This game is quite rare. Has a camera inside and if you reach the top score it takes a picture of you.
It is rare because of a design problem... the game is not fluent and sometime freezes.
After the last visit in germany i think to be the most vomplete olympia collector in the world hehe. Actually i ddunno if it is a shame or i have to be proude of it  :lol:
Anyhow i m interested in that portraits and please tell me if i can help you in some way.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
Whats Apple Time, maybe a generic cabinet:

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag58/synonym999/Roadrtip%20outside%20my%20country/AppleTime_zpsee5f94e4.jpg~original
Apple Time? Neeed !!!

My very first cabinet was a generic Apple Time. I got it in ...1991, equipped with a galaga board   :-*  :arrow:

Great memories around that cabinet as you can see  :D

Do you have more pictures of it?

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2014, 10:35:27 PM »

Sir, I have to check on it.

I have to let the video run and to make some more screenshots.

Since I have the deepest respect for your crazy Nuno-Lair´s (although I am not with you carpetwise  ;D ) I will figure out how to save the Apple Time´s for you.

There are at least 2 of and they seem to be in very good conditions. I think to remember that you are from Belgum.....or France?

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2014, 10:59:47 PM »

I double checked it and unfortunately I cannot support more Apple Time pictures at the moment.

I will have more pictures in the next 2 weeks, if you want the Apple Times drop me a line via PM.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2014, 05:13:47 PM »
Tomorrow I have another meeting with the vendor, I going to commit prices and this or next weekend I will start to clear the venues....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:03:18 PM by synonym9 »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »
To be honest I would be interested to get back THE cabinet I owned long time ago : I've asked to the person I've sold that Apple Time loooooooong timmmmeeeeee ago if he can ask to the person he sold that cabinet loooooonnnng timmmme ago where that particular cabinet is now... but still no answer so far.  :'( But I keep the faith  ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2014, 09:04:37 PM »

Just tell me soon if you want to have one of the Apples here...... ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2014, 09:09:39 PM »
Apple Time? Neeed !!!
My very first cabinet was a generic Apple Time. I got it in ...1991, equipped with a galaga board   :-*  :arrow:
Also featured in the french telecom adverts for "Free" ;)