Author Topic: I need help with some mysterious machines I have seen on a roadtrip  (Read 38879 times)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: I need help with some mysterious machines I have seen on a roadtrip
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 11:24:37 PM »
Looks more like the Harlem Globe Trotters on Tour to me.....what makes you thinking that Chris is wrong?
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 11:32:13 PM »
GREAT nest you found there!!!
A lot of work ahead but a lot of fun too. ;D

Lot of unusual euro cabs in the style of the ones documented in Andrė's thread here: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=76571.0
Or mine here: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=2115.0

André´s Thread starts with an Super Invaders, I can tell you as much as that I also saw one there too....but it looked totally different, from both - the body AND the artwork.
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

cudabee

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 11:40:44 PM »
Looks more like the Harlem Globe Trotters on Tour to me.....what makes you thinking that Chris is wrong?

He's not a pinhead but i am. ;D
I can remember those games when they came new out of their box.
Besides i have a globetrotter and a 6 million dollar man in my collection....
Dragon's Lair Space Ace Firefox Dragon's Lair2 Blasteroids Xevious Baby Pacman AFM MM TOTAN CC LOtR MC MB CV CP NGG RFM STtNG IJ NBAF TOM JM JP SWep1 HRC BM VND MCOD JPtLW
SP  EFtLW BW100 SJ PtC MGOW HH BH BK F14TC EBD HG SS ST FB FB2 SI LW BOPP BJ IM FG Ali SE CF DP EK WW FS tS EBDLE SJ HS2 etc et

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2014, 03:04:09 AM »

OK, I would say that counts.

Are those 2 mentioned pinballs something special that also attract non-pinheads?
I could imagine to take some pis if they are cheap, but there are tons of it by the operators.....I would like to know which one is a good one for someone like that is not so into pinballs.

nilfisk

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2014, 06:27:57 AM »
Both pins are rather common. The Globe Trotters (my opinion) is quite boring as well.

Gorgar is somewhat interesting as it was the first pinball to feature digitized speech. Back in the days, Williams even sent out flexi-discs (7" records) to operators so they could hear Gorgar "talk". It's a nice pin, but - typicall for older models - rather slow compared to newer DMD models.

@Synonym: Coincidentally, I do own a GORGAR and have it set up in my basement ;)

Re. BATMAN: I am quite sure that this is a generic cab with a "homemade" marquee some operator came up with. I can be wrong, but I doubt this is a dedicated cab.

Martin
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:30:16 AM by nilfisk »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 08:41:39 AM »
I could imagine to take some pis if they are cheap.

i know its lame, but i could not resist  ;D

Laschek

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 10:20:20 AM »
There's a Phoenix clone called Bat Man/Bat Man Part 2

KAIN

• View Profile

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »
I could imagine to take some pis if they are cheap.

i know its lame, but i could not resist  ;D

Hahahaha....did I type such a nonsense.....well, it seems like it was late at night, I am sorry.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2014, 12:55:57 AM »
My guess is the cocktail table is a Zaccaria but I don't know which one.

Pic of the Phoenix bootleg below :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2014, 09:01:37 AM »
I think uou are right chris, if you take the next pic in line you have a closeup of the joystick, which looks like the "pinstyle" suzo that looks like the pinstyle that zacc used.
Also if you check the font of "control base" and "fire", thats a typical font zacc used.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2014, 09:07:43 AM »
I think uou are right chris, if you take the next pic in line you have a closeup of the joystick, which looks like the "pinstyle" suzo that looks like the pinstyle that zacc used.
Also if you check the font of "control base" and "fire", thats a typical font zacc used.

Exactly: font and joystick gave it away.