Author Topic: Short Trip to the Funspot  (Read 8947 times)

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
Short Trip to the Funspot
« on: July 06, 2014, 09:22:13 PM »
Hi guys,

After a lot of weeks I am back home;-)

I had a lot of business, and one of my jobs was in boston (more fun then always germany :lol:).
So you know, laconia is only a short trip from boston so I have to go to:

Funspot!

It was two weeks after john was there:( but a pleasure. There a a lot of cool cabs an i spent the whole day.

I will load up my favorite photos. If you are interested in a special cab, feel free to ask.

I was really impressed by the  Atari Kangaroo, what a great cab;-)

or Indie;-)

here are some cool cabs

Xenophobe:

Moon Shuttle, i always played it on my Atari 800;-)

Qix look cool, too

Paperboy, plays good, it has to go to my gameroom:-)

Mad Planets, great fun

Krull, I love the movie:

i didn't knew that Flying Shark and 1943  have dedicated CABs:

Karate Champ, no fun playing a single play:

Nice controller;-)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 09:28:08 PM by Digimon »
Searching Zaccaria Stuff: Zaxxon CPO, JumpBug CPO or CPO Repro
next project: assemble Zaccaria Vanguard.

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
Re: Short Trip to the Funspot
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »
Block

Digimon

• Germany - Hamburg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
Block

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 12:03:14 AM »
Oh boy, this brings back great memories. Funspot is like Mekka for me. If you do have to believe (in nonsense) then believe in these harmless games.

Thanks for the great pictures.  :spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 07:38:41 AM »
Thanks for the pics !

looks like a fun(spot) trip  ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 08:22:41 AM »
Some great cabs there....but not very crowdy  :-\

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »
I have been at Funspot a few years ago, for a day or five in total (on and off during a week) and it was never crowdy, just a few games were around. Only when the tournament end May started, more people showed up. But I could still play all the games that I wanted.

And also, this classic arcade is upstairs, downstairs there is also an arcad with more modern games, which is better visited. But still not much better. Oh well, Laconia isn't situated in the middel of a very habitated area. And I guess that in summertime you will see much more people visiting this beautiful piece of the USA.

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 02:30:25 AM »
Great pics! Thank you!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 01:46:43 PM »
Can never see enough pictures of that holy place :)

Been there plenty of days now....but I want to GO BACK !!!!

The times I was there it was never busy, sometimes a bit more than other times. Especially the museum area is less busy. On the other hand, the place is so large that it already looks quite very quickly.

Funspot is probably mainly running on their bingo hall which is on the other side of the parking lot. They also added a climbing section for kids outside IIRC.

Weir's Beach is a touristical place, it's on the edge of lake winnipesaukee and the surroundings are beautiful there even is a small beach there which is nice to swim in the lake...we really enjoyed it.
One of the funny moments was when my son found a play-friend on that beach and his mum asked where we were from....she was totally amazed that we would come there, but in fact it is stupid that The New England area is often ignored by European tourists.....but personally I like it that way !

Weir's beach still feels like a 50s typical USA touristical area. It even still has a drive-in movie theatre :)

We should charter a jet full of crazy arcade addicts and go there for a week !

IF you ever go there be sure to ask any of the people working there if Gary Vincent is around...he is a very busy guy, but whenever possible he will make some time for a small chat. In fact, he actually told me how much he regretted it if he saw on KLOV that some member had been there and they didn't ask for him.
He is especially proud of foreign visitors :)
 Gary loves it when people like us, who truly appreceate the Classic games visit and.....he's an extremely nice guy !

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:49:30 PM by Level42 »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 03:01:15 PM »
Thanks!
I so want to go there... and to Grinkers too of course  ;)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 09:30:55 PM by chrischris »

CrazyKongFan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2014, 12:06:32 AM »
i didn't knew that Flying Shark and 1943  have dedicated CABs:

I don't think those are dedicated, they're just converted Centuri cabs, like Phoenix, Pleadies, etc.

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Can never see enough pictures of that holy place :)

Been there plenty of days now....but I want to GO BACK !!!!

The times I was there it was never busy, sometimes a bit more than other times. Especially the museum area is less busy. On the other hand, the place is so large that it already looks quite very quickly.

Funspot is probably mainly running on their bingo hall which is on the other side of the parking lot. They also added a climbing section for kids outside IIRC.

Weir's Beach is a touristical place, it's on the edge of lake winnipesaukee and the surroundings are beautiful there even is a small beach there which is nice to swim in the lake...we really enjoyed it.
One of the funny moments was when my son found a play-friend on that beach and his mum asked where we were from....she was totally amazed that we would come there, but in fact it is stupid that The New England area is often ignored by European tourists.....but personally I like it that way !

Weir's beach still feels like a 50s typical USA touristical area. It even still has a drive-in movie theatre :)

We should charter a jet full of crazy arcade addicts and go there for a week !

IF you ever go there be sure to ask any of the people working there if Gary Vincent is around...he is a very busy guy, but whenever possible he will make some time for a small chat. In fact, he actually told me how much he regretted it if he saw on KLOV that some member had been there and they didn't ask for him.
He is especially proud of foreign visitors :)
 Gary loves it when people like us, who truly appreceate the Classic games visit and.....he's an extremely nice guy !

If you guys come out again you have to let me know!!

The upstairs arcade is usually slow compared to the downstairs area with all the redemption games. It's a family vacation area and many of the kids that go to Funspot don't really care about these old games! They want to earn tickets and prizes.