Author Topic: Took out my old favorite Toy from the past: LEGO !  (Read 26654 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Took out my old favorite Toy from the past: LEGO !
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 08:55:05 AM »
I use to have a nice Darda collection, with ramps, loopings and a couple of cars

gave it all away to my kid neighbor back then

stuff like this

I remember that, i had a set of that together with a friend of mine.

we won that set with the collecting Christmas trees after Christmas for the burning of them
every year they did a kind of lotto, for every tree you brought, you get a ticket, and later they draw a few out of the bin and they gave away some prizes, one year we won that Darda set.

Man that brings back memories !

Anyway, i found a LIMA transformer in my search for the transformer pic, and was already wondering if Hema just branded it  ;D

The other transformer i had was this :

Only the one i had was blue, i did a query for LIMA transformer, so i guess this is also a LIMA

Dont know if its cheaper or better, i only remember that i had two transformers, and two color tracks, silver and bronze color

did look strange mixed, but BITD i didnt care, we took whatever we could get our hands on  ;D

I do remember that my dad helped me to create mountains with PUR Foam  :D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:57:22 AM by Etienne MacGyver »

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 01:51:45 PM »
nice pics! I remember seeing most of these Lego pics you posted in the catalogs I used to pick up at the local Bruna.

and if you got a present for your birthday always shake the wrapped box first, to make sure it was Lego. I think it's nice to see the Lego company is doing so well right now (maybe too well) with their more modern commercial stuff. That Star Wars stuff is just crazy.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 01:57:02 PM »
Funny you say that, i used to "read" those catalogs too.

My mother told me that when i was young i enjoyed "reading" the instruction manuals as much as the building. ;D

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 04:37:58 PM »
The Lego astronaut with the helmet is in the LEGO movie. Including the infamous crack at the bottom! How many helmets had that crack in your box of Lego's? Guess 50% at least in my box of minifigs.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 04:46:10 PM »
I was also bought a couple of newer sets by my wife recently and she also got me the LEGO Technic Unimog U400 - 8110 (as shown above) and the Excavator (8043):

Drool. I tried to find one for a reasonable prize. To no avail. Now I try to buy the missing bricks at bricklink. Almost finished with that.
Still not sure what to think about the 8043. The remote control kicks ass, but the scoops and the linear actuators kind of make it hit and miss. They had to figure out remote controlled pneumatics with double-length cylinders! So IMO it's in the shadow of the Unimog, my king of the Technic hill, others say the 8043 is the best ever. It just does not look right, wrong colour (yellow) and again.... that fugly scoop.... I miss the quality scoops from the past. Same with the new 42009 crane... That one is not right either. Give me the first telescope crane you showed.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 07:02:46 AM »
meh, its cool that they cram in alot of technology, only i preffer the old square "8 bit" look of them

i totally don't like the look of the rounded beams and stuff

but thats probably also more a nostalgic thing i guess  :D

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 12:15:24 PM »
Still not sure what to think about the 8043. The remote control kicks ass, but the scoops and the linear actuators kind of make it hit and miss. They had to figure out remote controlled pneumatics with double-length cylinders! So IMO it's in the shadow of the Unimog, my king of the Technic hill, others say the 8043 is the best ever.

I enjoyed putting the 8043 excavator together more than the Unimog and enjoy messing about with it more. Funnily enough I prefer the linear actuators rather than the pneumatics. With the pneumatics everything is too jerky, the crane drops way to fast unless you get the controls perfect which requires totally small precise movements of the controls. When my kids have a play with it there is no chance of that happening :)

The other thing with the Unimog is they went to all the trouble of getting the tranmission and engine pistons working when you push it along but no remote control to move it around like with the 8043.

It just does not look right, wrong colour (yellow) and again.... that fugly scoop.... I miss the quality scoops from the past. Same with the new 42009 crane... That one is not right either. Give me the first telescope crane you showed.

haha, I put together all my old technic sets with my son, photographed them and then sold them on EBay. 1 fella bought the lot, got over £160 for those 3 sets :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2015, 11:26:52 PM »
Was dicking around a bit this night with Digital designer:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 08:03:07 AM »
Nice & hypnotic!  ;D

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 07:40:48 AM »
Was dicking around a bit this night with Digital designer:

Nice tool.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 10:32:57 PM »
Damn, I've seen this LEGO box yesterday in my usual supermarket!  :-*

Wow, I didn't think DEFENDER or even SPY HUNTER was 'mainstream' enough to the point of having a proper Lego box in 2017 ?!
Anyway here's the thing  8) :arrow:

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2021, 02:14:59 PM »

I gathered some more modern LEGO bricks....

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2022, 01:13:34 PM »
Lego rulez!

I had to do this, three years ago  :P  :arrow:

...and in that era, there was NO star wars or other 'licenses' series... you had to imagine, experiment and create everything by yourself... that's the power of the lego! Be creative! I hope my daughter will catch the virus too  :)

Did you get the remake? Just got it in the mail. Looks fab. I never had the big set (LL928), but the medium space ship, the LL924. Lego did not forget us! They have a 924 rebuild instruction online! Some even like it better than the default model.

Andreas_AUT

• hello world
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2022, 07:48:14 PM »
Wow, thats an old one. I remember now I had a small spaceship with that logo too.... long time ago... in an far far galaxy :D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2022, 09:52:11 PM »
Did you get the remake? Just got it in the mail. Looks fab. I never had the big set (LL928), but the medium space ship, the LL924. Lego did not forget us! They have a 924 rebuild instruction online! Some even like it better than the default model.

Hell yes... orignal/vintage model (2 boxes : one to keep forever, and the other to open and build the ship when my little kid when he will be old enough)... and the new one :-* :arrow:

:spaceace: