Author Topic: DATA EAST KARATE CHAMP SCRATCH BUILD, YOU CAN ORDER IT AS WELL AS OTHER CABINETS  (Read 32524 times)

Sjaak

• View Profile
The Karate Champ is ready and the first cabinet for my friend will be done soon, and in the next time I am going to finish the Tempest.
Others will follow and I will make some for the polite people in the forum.

Can't wait to see the pictures of the Karate Champ.

I actually run a business that creates new cabinets, so I'm very curious about your cabinets. Do you have any information about the pricing? And are you going to mass produce them?

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
the way this was handled and the way they interacted with people, this was destined to fail!!!

Nope, it was not.

I told my partner that I am not going to advertize it in the forums as the members cost me the last nerv.

All that useless postings now....it was a mess from the beginning and all that.....

Who have so much insight to say that and who knows about such a business??? To have some cabs and to restore them got nothing to do with mass production...and I repeat saying that from the beginning, so please, leave me alone with your opinion.

It was planned from the beginning from the start that I draw the cabinets and my partner advertize them, since he did not do anything I told him I am out but I still have and make drawings. I still can offer small quantities of cabinets like for Nilfisk or other guys that was polite from the start.

I make enough money not to depend on that project, it was a hobby project for him and me...but not so much fun that I make everything alone.

The Karate Champ is ready and the first cabinet for my friend will be done soon, and in the next time I am going to finish the Tempest.
Others will follow and I will make some for the polite people in the forum.

those "members" are called customers in real life. if you are dealing with them... you have to have a certain understanding of their nature. somehow that was missing right from the start when I look through your statements in the thread.

this is a forum. it is all about opinions and people talking with each other. you can not tell me or anybody else here what to write or think just because you don´t like my/our point of view. if you are going public with a project and if you want the arcade community to be your target market you should deal with us in a respectful way. start thinking about the fact that some people here think that you could have done a better job. this has nothing to do with beeing polite. it is a simple fact and you should deal with it if you want to sell something to somebody.

Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
I still can offer small quantities of cabinets like for Nilfisk or other guys that was polite from the start.

man, you're really good at handling criticism!!! :P

I make enough money not to depend on that project

congratulations 8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX

congratulations 8)

hell yeah. that was a good one. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
I still can offer small quantities of cabinets like for Nilfisk or other guys that was polite from the start.

congratulations 8)

No....I am not, critics only can come from people that have insight, nobody can come saying that project was a mess because everything I showed about it some renderings....critizise or judge about things you know just ANYTHING from....otherwise its stupid.

As for the congratulations, thanks.....I am Industrial Designer.... si I am quite OK :P
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

neocps1

• View Profile
Quote from: synonym9
No....I am not, critics only can come from people that have insight, nobody can come saying that project was a mess because everything I showed about it some renderings....critizise or judge about things you know just ANYTHING from....otherwise its stupid.

As for the congratulations, thanks.....I am Industrial Designer.... si I am quite OK :P

wow so what I said was stupid when I said I prefered to expect pictures of the final product before buying ?

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX

congratulations 8)

nobody said that the project was a mess. they way you presented and represented it was. you did yourself and your project a favour. i guess this is what people are trying to tell you.

i am not in our project for the money either.. not because I do not need it or because I claim I have enough of it. I don't. :D I love to be part of the community and it would be amazing if our save kits and the online highscores become a part of arcade gaming today.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Can we close this topic?
It is a waste of time to reply, better spend that time with our cabs. :D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Can we close this topic?

true!

Sjaak

• View Profile
Can we close this topic?

I was hoping for at least one picture.

This guy is an industrial designer using CAD-software starting at 30,000€ and computer aided manufacturing equipment that is used to build prototypes for BMW. I'm positive he can build an amazing cabinet.

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
No you know why I dont wanted to make the advertisement .... because of retarded people like you....is this your problem  
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Can we close this topic?

I was hoping for at least one picture.

This guy is an industrial designer using CAD-software starting at 30,000€ and computer aided manufacturing equipment that is used to build prototypes for BMW. I'm positive he can build an amazing cabinet.

Thanks Sir, join my FB group "the M.A.M.E.-Project" , there will be pictures soon....you also can get a cabinet if you are not in a hurry.

Sjaak

• View Profile
I've seen what industrial designers can do with the right equipment and I was hoping you would prove everyone wrong by showing the end result.

You should take a look at this thread, by a designer with some very special equipment. I was hoping you could do something similar.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:57:32 PM by Sjaak »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile

Very very nice :)

I also design MAME-cabs....one is already finished for a friend.
It features a retractable controlpanel to interchange with other panels.

You can watch a Video of my work on YouTube called

"Hannes Slanec Portfolio"

I am sure it will be interesting for you.

Again, the project still exists...but only for certain people....not for mass production.

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
to be honest....I understand synonym9's reaction!

Why not simply be quiet and wait what will be the result of his/their effort? Just sit back and watch the progress and finally pictures from the first cab that comes out of the machine.

Then there would have been enough time to ask questions or make suggestions for improvements.

my2cts :)