Author Topic: Tempted....  (Read 14814 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Tempted....
« on: December 02, 2013, 07:57:47 PM »
http://www.saturn.nl/mcs/product/SONY-PlayStation-3-12-GB---FIFA-14,95952,488171,1009446.html?langId=-11

Never been an early adopter of the newest stuff.......seems like a nice price ?

Do or don't ?

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: Tempted....
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
http://www.saturn.nl/mcs/product/SONY-PlayStation-3-12-GB---FIFA-14,95952,488171,1009446.html?langId=-11

Do or don't ?

don't take the 12gb version. space is too limited and you need to upgrade after only a few games. price is ok if you want fifa. you could sell it and get a bigger hdd for the money.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 09:27:29 PM »
Ah great advice ! 12 GB HD ? Is that one from 16 years ago ? ;)

Please don't laugh, I don't understand what that HD actually does in there. Isn't the game played from the Blu-Ray disc ?

Don't give a damn about the football game, I don't like sports games.....ok except this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE52J3HF-8

Do or don't ?

don't take the 12gb version. space is too limited and you need to upgrade after only a few games. price is ok if you want fifa. you could sell it and get a bigger hdd for the money.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »
Ah great advice ! 12 GB HD ? Is that one from 16 years ago ? ;)

Please don't laugh, I don't understand what that HD actually does in there. Isn't the game played from the Blu-Ray disc ?

Don't give a damn about the football game, I don't like sports games.....ok except this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKE52J3HF-8

Do or don't ?

the ps3 is designed to store save games AND game data on the internal storage memory. for saves 12gb (it is not a harddisc... it is flash memory) would be more than enough... but most of the games take data and put it on that memory to increase loading speed. games like gta can take up to 5gb alone of that memory so you can imagine how long 12gb might last. :)

you can simply put a 2.5" sata hdd in the system. all you need is a little rack for it. price is good for the 12gb. at the moment we sell them here in my shop for 169 without the fifa which is pretty cheap for germany. the 500gb ps3 is 229.

one thing i don't like about the super slim ps3 is it's cheap look and feel. i prefer the slim. it had a slot in bluray drive. the super slims are top loaders. you have to open the machine with your hand and put the disc in. not so cool if you ask me. this revision of the ps3 feels a lot less valuable than the slim (second evolution of the ps3).

just my two cents on this since it is my job. ;)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
Excellent advice thanks !

I may look for a 2nd hand slim with a large enough HD....I can't have a top-loader in my TV case.

solidsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 06:49:46 PM »
I may look for a 2nd hand slim with a large enough HD....I can't have a top-loader in my TV case.
If you go for a 2nd hand ps3,maybe it also is good to know that if you buy one that has firmware 3.55 or lower.
you can easy jailbreak it.
That way you can play all kind of emulators,mame,nintendo nes,snes,sega consols enz
Link for full list of emulatorshttp://psx-scene.com/forums/f190/4-xx-emulators-downloads-107723/
One of the reasons i jailbreak my ps3  ;D
And ps3 games you can download them and play them via intern or extern hdd

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 08:59:55 PM »
If you go for a 2nd hand ps3,maybe it also is good to know that if you buy one that has firmware 3.55 or lower.
you can easy jailbreak it.
That way you can play all kind of emulators,mame,nintendo nes,snes,sega consols enz
Link for full list of emulatorshttp://psx-scene.com/forums/f190/4-xx-emulators-downloads-107723/
One of the reasons i jailbreak my ps3  ;D
And ps3 games you can download them and play them via intern or extern hdd

not sure if i like your advice, sir. it is not only me who makes a living with original software. it is also the developers. the new games need the new firmware and there are more than enough better was to run emulated stuff than a ps3 can offer.
totally uncool that you are promoting pirated stuff here in this place.

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 04:14:23 PM »
PS3 is great. Do you guys have Playstation Plus in Europe? If so, it's an amazing way to get tons of free games that you can digitally download. And, if you do that, you'll want a big hard drive. I installed a 1TB HD in my PS3. It's EASY to do.

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 04:28:31 PM »
PS3 is great. Do you guys have Playstation Plus in Europe? If so, it's an amazing way to get tons of free games that you can digitally download. And, if you do that, you'll want a big hard drive. I installed a 1TB HD in my PS3. It's EASY to do.

of course we have ps+. ;)
resogun for the ps4 is probably the best launch game for the new playststion... this game alone is worth the one year subscription. :)

solidsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »
lol read me post good sir
jailbreak means homebrew is possible,so wat pirat stuf are you talking about
if i wana play homebrew software or homebrew games,that not piracy ppl make the things them self and put them on the net
i also say why i jailbreak me ps3 only to play homebrew.
i prevere to play mame and stuf on me ps3 wats wrong with that
i dont play ps3 games that much and the games that i have are Original,backd up on me hdd so i dont damage me disks,and thats possible thanx to jailbreak,bec the one game i play 4 hours a day is world of warcraft,and i pay enough for that evry month
maybe go read a bit about jailbreak,cos from your answer it seems you dont know much about it,and only thinking its piracy.
jailbreak was there because ppl want to run homebrew,and sony lockt it, at a later stage it was possible to play ps3 games too
the new games need the new firmware
wrong 3.55 plays all but ass i already said,i dont care cos i only play homebrew
and i already got a ps4,so this way i stil got a use for me ps3
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 07:03:09 PM by solidsnake »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 08:18:57 PM »
lol read me post good sir
jailbreak means homebrew is possible,so wat pirat stuf are you talking about
if i wana play homebrew software or homebrew games,that not piracy ppl make the things them self and put them on the net
i also say why i jailbreak me ps3 only to play homebrew.
i prevere to play mame and stuf on me ps3 wats wrong with that
i dont play ps3 games that much and the games that i have are Original,backd up on me hdd so i dont damage me disks,and thats possible thanx to jailbreak,bec the one game i play 4 hours a day is world of warcraft,and i pay enough for that evry month
maybe go read a bit about jailbreak,cos from your answer it seems you dont know much about it,and only thinking its piracy.
jailbreak was there because ppl want to run homebrew,and sony lockt it, at a later stage it was possible to play ps3 games too
the new games need the new firmware
wrong 3.55 plays all but ass i already said,i dont care cos i only play homebrew
and i already got a ps4,so this way i stil got a use for me ps3

sorry mate but this is what we allways get to hear.. especially the damaged disc-stuff (which is not really a problem with bluray-media). even if you back up your ps3-games that you own it is still illegal cause you are
working your way around the copy protection.

i might be wrong in your case but your posting sounded to me like you are supporting the download of ps3-soft on a bigger harddisc as well as homebrew which is by no means legal in any case cause homebrew can be pretty much everything... from legal to illeagal. and no.. you can not put a new disc based game in a ps3 with outdated firmware. the update is not optional. it is required to install the data and to start the new game.

as i said before: if you are only playing the games you bought... fine with me. if you download the stuff from psn.. fine with me, too. no discs will be harmed in that case, there are none... but the games are not for free. if you are telling the truth about the backups... fine with me, too. it is just hard to believe cause i actually met so many people who claim to do it for this reason. it just never was the truth so far.

and me not knowing about homebrew... :) maybe you should google me together with the words atari st, jaguar or thalion. might help you understand that i am pretty sure that i know what i am talking about. ;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:25:34 PM by Tyrem »

solidsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 05:19:25 PM »
first im sorry wen i gave you the idea,that i support illegal things,
but ppl Always say things like that if you working with jailbreak.
i just wana be clear,i dont support the download of ps3 games when you dont got the Original copy.
the only thing i do is play me back ups from ps3 games i own.
i dont play psn games
i do play back ups from my psx games that i own
i do play back ups from my ps2 games that i own
i do play back ups from my movies that i own
i do like to play around with older console games and mame,as so many ppl on this form,isnt that illegal to then.
i got a home cinema room were i play and watch movies on a big screen,for me its easyer to store evrything on hdd.
and sap through stuf,then to go to me media room and and take a stair down to look for a movie or game.
cos believe me disks get gamaged here even  bluray-media,this way me collection of games and movies stay undamaged for years
and thats important for me cos its a lot of money that i spent on that stuff
i dont wana buy a game or movie 4 times,and believe me that happend to me in the past,a couple of times
so i realy dont see any harm in wat i do with jailbreak.
evrything thats on back up i own,beside of the emulated games i only own a crazy kong cab.
i dont wana have all the games or movies that are out there
for pc i got a lot of collectors editions,and believe me i dont want them damaged for sure.
i just wana say jailbreak isnt only illigal stuff,sure there are a lot of ppl that only download and never pay for a game
but im not one of those guys
cos believe me,im sure my Insurance hopes that there never wil be any claim for my 2 rooms,cos thats gona cost them a lot.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2013, 06:10:37 PM »
Yeah, I think all is said and done on the topic of pirating or not now gentlemen, please return on topic now.

Oh wait....I just found something insanely more awesome than a PS3 (or a PS4,5 or 6) which will require my money................. so forget about this thread anyway :):):)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2013, 06:57:16 PM »
G******R?? ;D

Vond

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »
Yeah, I think all is said and done on the topic of pirating or not now gentlemen, please return on topic now.

Oh wait....I just found something insanely more awesome than a PS3 (or a PS4,5 or 6) which will require my money................. so forget about this thread anyway :):):)

You found a vectrex?  8)