Author Topic: Ultracade 20th DL/SA/DL2 Cabinet repair  (Read 3076 times)

Kavarin

• View Profile
Ultracade 20th DL/SA/DL2 Cabinet repair
« on: November 06, 2013, 04:23:41 AM »
I picked up this cabinet for nothing and need to do some repairs to get it running.  Aside from the outer lights (Marquee) the game would not power up.  I got into the back and took a look.  There was power to the control board ON TOP of the CD-Rom drive (red light was on).. but I noticed there was no power to the CD unit in the housing underneath the control board.  I tried hitting the POWER button on the CD-Rom and got a millisecond of life but then it blanked out again.  I reset the game a few time (off/on) and tried this over and over.  It finally stayed on and I heard the POST beep of the CPU unit.

Went to the front of the console and stuck on the POST screen with a CHECKSUM ERROR but it gives me the good ol' "PRESS F1 to continue".  Is there a keyboard input somewhere I can tie in and get past that POST?

On a second note... is this an issue that can be fixed PERMANENTLY with the upgrade of a board?  I tried looking for Ultracade and they are defunked and I dont know who is picking up on the repair parts, support.

Anyone have any thoughts?  I appreciate your time !

Pic of control unit below

Vond

• View Profile
Re: Ultracade 20th DL/SA/DL2 Cabinet repair
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 07:44:24 AM »
Isn't this a PS/2 (Keyboard input) port on the board?

Kavarin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 07:54:03 AM »
It is a link port to the Simicon (or whatever brand minicomputer) is below the JAMMA  board (similar to the neighboring VGA cable if you were to follow it around to the base unit

But I did find a manual online showing a KB input... So that is solved ....

But I am running into several issues now with the game and I think I might have to employ a game tech to solve the problems

When I power on the console (master switch) the computer (black box under JAMMA BOARD) doesn't fire up. Have to hit the power button on the front of it and it takes several tries to get it to stay on...

THEN about 20 seconds into the POST... The screen looses it's horizontal hold and I cannot get it back. Have tried adjusting the pots but no luck.

I think the move just killed it

italiandoh

• Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 09:58:08 PM »
You have to replace the BIOS battery in the computer, then enter the BIOS and reset/save the settings. After that it will probably work fine again. I already did that a couple of times when I was at Finny's on his former cabinet.

Matteo