Author Topic: MONZA GP troubleshooting  (Read 5500 times)

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
MONZA GP troubleshooting
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
After a long time in my garage I decided to proceed with MONZA GP mini cab resto.
Cabinet is not in so terrible conditions, I've seen things you humans couldn't believe so I consider  this one an easy job.
On the contrary PCB doesn't work and at the moment i can't understand schematics; in fact ICs are not marked and I cant understand where a IC on the schematic is actually on the PCB.

After cleaning and using the force this is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijc108gC-Co

I know this game is quite rare so I hope I can repair it.

I'll keep you update

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: MONZA GP troubleshooting
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 04:04:15 PM »
Rare indeed, KLOV dosent have it in thier database..
Hope you get it fixed!

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »
I have several boards not included in KLOV. In the past i took care to introduce new games but often they refused my entries and I bored to waste my time.
And I m talking about original games, not bootlegs.

Laschek

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:37 AM »
I mentioned it before, I am a database editor at KLOV, if you have a new entry let me know and I'll take a look and publish it. If it makes sense  ;D ;)
Please note that I am not able to publish pictures (though I can see them), just new entries or new additions to existing ones.
I think I published a few entries of yours, Marco, some weeks ago. Couldn't find an entry to Monza GP, though  ???
But I have to say that the way the publishing works is kind of a pain in the sphincter, it's tedious and confusing. And you don't want to blindly publish new stuff without checking the facts. So if you have a new game for the database please try to include pictures of the cab, pcb, links to flyers, whatever proof of existence, this helps tremendously in deciding if it is a valid entry or not.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:42:08 AM by Laschek »

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 04:40:40 PM »
ok, I'll prepare a list of my boards/cabinets not included in KLOV so we can decide the priority :)

Laschek

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 09:34:21 AM »
Great! Just let me know when you are ready  ;)

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »
I m very close to the end. I just have to find a small monitor for the minicab and i can finish the restoration next week. I m not sure pcb is workin 100% because i didn t test i/o but i m confident...

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2013, 01:44:00 PM »
news: yesterday I repaired the wheel; shift and pedal work, sound is not connected yet but I'm confident because I have a couple of sound boards...
I can see colours are inverted and using a common TV I can see a defect I found in my monaco GP when its monitor was faulty and I had to use another one...
I try to explain what happens but it's not easy with my english..

When cars (or any other object) disappear from the screen running outside, a sort of "bright shade"  appears horizontally for half a second along the road. I tried to make a movie. it has not a good quality but you can see this effect when cars go over the right of the screen. any idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6XMwndrWDU&feature=youtu.be

marco

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 04:11:29 PM »
Using a CA&G monitor and a hand made color inversion board I have good results so I'll open a thread for restoration now :)