Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
May 20, 2022, 03:52:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you ever get to play one by some odd chance?  (Read 19963 times)
TimeGalFan

I love Time Gal!

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2008, 07:14:27 AM »

I never have, but I'm wondering if any of you here have ever gotten to play a Galaxian Theater game.

I love Time Gal!
petieken

Belgium

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 09:00:37 PM »

No, but I would love to give it a try some time.

Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:06:30 PM »

Wait until the end of the Nuno's Lair v, a room that will be fully dedicated to Galaxian  Wink

I strongly suggest you to give a try at the Playstation port of the game. A very good adaptation and as a bonus, you can play a new mission 'Rise Of Gourb'  Smiley

TimeGalFan

I love Time Gal!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:26:06 PM »

Say what? The Galaxian theater games got ported to the PSOne? How'd they do that?

I love Time Gal!
logan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 07:47:53 AM »

Wait until the end of the Nuno's Lair v, a room that will be fully dedicated to Galaxian  Wink

Oh my god... I can see a crowd of people waiting infront of your Lair v just to play your Galaxian in the near future...
petieken

Belgium

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 04:34:21 PM »

I strongly suggest you to give a try at the Playstation port of the game. A very good adaptation and as a bonus, you can play a new mission 'Rise Of Gourb'  Smiley

Is it possible that the playstation game was released only in japan? I can't seem to find one on the Belgian trading sites, only on ebay but they are japanese versions...

Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set
nuu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 04:38:23 PM »

Is it possible that the playstation game was released only in japan? I can't seem to find one on the Belgian trading sites, only on ebay but they are japanese versions...

There is also a English version of the PS game but I think it's very rare.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 05:40:45 PM by nuu » Logged
petieken

Belgium

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 07:41:33 PM »

Okay, I'll buy the japanese version then. They seem to be pretty cheap.

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »

There is a PAL (europe) version of the game.

But don't buy the PAL version! The video on it is not smooth at all  Evil. They didn't convert well the original video footage from NTSC (30 frames per sec) to PAL (25 frames per sec) ... you can see the difference between the PAL and NTSC ... the PAL version is jerky  Ghost

There is always a NTSC Japanese version on ebay.com for sale. Get this one  Wink

By the way, there should be a NTSC US version too, but I didn't find it yet.

P.K.@JP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 05:32:52 AM »

I am interested in English scenario version of GOURB.
Is GOURB mission contained in Europ and US version?
nuu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »

Yes it is

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=60.0
petieken

Belgium

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 03:20:17 PM »

There is a PAL (europe) version of the game.

But don't buy the PAL version! The video on it is not smooth at all  Evil. They didn't convert well the original video footage from NTSC (30 frames per sec) to PAL (25 frames per sec) ... you can see the difference between the PAL and NTSC ... the PAL version is jerky  Ghost

There is always a NTSC Japanese version on ebay.com for sale. Get this one  Wink

By the way, there should be a NTSC US version too, but I didn't find it yet.

Thank you for the warning about the bad PAL version, now I'm certain about buying the Japanese version.

It's sad to see that Europe gets a lot of bad PAL conversions, I have a PAL Sega Ages Outrun on the Saturn and it doesn't play smooth either... I bought the Japanese version then and played it on my Japanese Saturn and it plays at full 30fps just like the real deal.

P.K.@JP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 08:05:24 AM »

Yes it is

http://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=60.0

Thank you for the link.
I listened to the GOURB's English version for the first time.
Tom#2-JP

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 10:47:16 AM »

My 1st play?
It was GH-28 at Namco Wonder Egg.

A general model that was within the country played in me.  ( GM-16,GT-6(Dragoon&Zol),PS )

It is thought that the experience and happiness that the large number of people plays the same game are not easily the one that can be done.

twitter http://twitter.com/#!/tomsan223 (always using Japanese language)
nascar241993

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 02:40:35 AM »

I have never played Galaxian 3 before but I'm sure the United States has no Galaxian 3 arcade anywhere. And plus if there was one on ebay I won't be able to get it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:04:20 AM by nascar241993 » Logged

Dragoon J2 ready for departure!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: