Author Topic: [Superully's Roadtrip] The Radar Scope Hotel  (Read 25181 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
[Superully's Roadtrip] The Radar Scope Hotel
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:04:26 PM »

ok, i admit it, i'm on a roll at the moment, three roadtrips within three weeks - nice ;D!!! first the cruis'n ully, then the garage raid and just when you thought you were good for a while, i check my arcade radar app on my smartphone (as i do every morning) and see a red dot appear out of nowhere :arrow: ROADTRIP ALERT!!!

so i jump into my car (luckily not too early in the morning) ...

... and enter the coordinates into my navigation device: puh, this is going to be another long day on the road :shock:

fortunately, i have a nice stash of goodies at home which will help me get through the better half of the day

and a bakery is (almost) always open in germany

everything's on board, i'm ready to go - here's what's coming up :arrow:

almost empty roads take me through the nature park Thuringian Forest ...

... and Germany's longest autobahn tunnel called rennsteig

try to hold your breath for the duration of the "crossing" - it's impossible!

don't get lost on the way to your destination ;)

while continuing further north, i'm passing the first of many "damaged areas" today - the damage meter is deflecting!

welcome to my destination federal state, saxony-anhalt, province of the early birds

you guys literally begged for this: windmills and bridges :D

i'm entering unknown rural eastern german territory ...

... with abandoned railway tracks, ...

... tons of lost places to explore ...

... and buses that you have to call by phone to pick you up!

finally, after almost 5 hours of driving, i have arrived!

the game i'm picking up is already waiting for me out in the open: nintendo's radar scope!!!

when you're roadtrippin' alone, it's always difficult to take pictures of the loading process, therefore two pics of the cabinet inside my car will have to do for now - we'll be "exploring" the game in much greater detail later on!

i'm extremely hungry by now, so i'm stopping at a fast food stand by the side of the road ...

... to eat a fabulous grilled sausage!!! yummy!!! :-*

this roadtrip hasn't been a great adventure so far and i'm not looking forward to more boring hours on the road on my way back home, when suddenly - while walking back to my car - my arcade radar app is signaling me that something interesting has come up out of nowhere! YES!!!

into my car and onto the road again - quickly!!!

i'm pumped, neither "windmill forests" ...

... nor buring cars on the other side of the autobahn can slow me down! :P (note: nothing to be saved here, damage meter at its maximum!)

i've almost arrived at my second arcade location today, but i'm afraid i have to take a short break from all that driving! :P however, i don't wanna leave you without a short teaser of what's coming up :arrow:

PUSH THE RED BUTTON!!!

to be continued ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Superully's Roadtrip] The Radar Scope Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 07:16:40 PM »
Skywalk.....er !!!! Star Wars !!!!!!

Great catch, hope you keep it original ! It's my Red Nintendo's little brother :)  (Need picture of serial plate ;))

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:06:01 PM »
Great catch on the radarscope, and great teaser at the end  :D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:08:31 PM »
uuuuuuuuuh... exciting!!!!!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 08:29:39 PM »
Great catch Ully! Thats a heck of a bump it has on the left side of the CP :-\ but im sure you can fix that no problem!!

Regarding holding youre breath the intire length in that tunnel..... - the keyword is SPEED!!!! ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:39:09 PM »
Skywalk.....er !!!! Star Wars !!!!!!

hey, great idea, but i guess i would have to change my roadtrip then ;)

Great catch, hope you keep it original ! It's my Red Nintendo's little brother :)  (Need picture of serial plate ;))

sure i will, what should i turn it into anyway? a red dk - pah, who needs / wants that? :P this is one of the original radar scope cabinets with the one slot coin door, really happy about it. as i've said, more detailed pics later!

Great catch Ully! Thats a heck of a bump it has on the left side of the CP :-\ but im sure you can fix that no problem!!

there's "a heck of something even worse" on the left side of the cabinet - don't spoil it please if you know what i'm talking about!

Regarding holding youre breath the intire length in that tunnel..... - the keyword is SPEED!!!! ;)

:D two words: SPEED CAMERA!!! they got me the last time i was using that tunnel - a lesson learned!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 09:26:15 PM »
Speed camera's in Germany.......where is this world going......  :roll: :roll: :roll:

bartie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2013, 09:29:41 PM »
nice cab you got. For the other cab i think it is a mj moonwalker  :)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 09:35:33 PM »

:D two words: SPEED CAMERA!!! they got me the last time i was using that tunnel - a lesson learned!!!

Hehe, depends on where youre from... the past 2 years while driving through Germany on my way to Holland/EuroCade, I was flashed by a camera... both times I didnt receive a ticket...  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 09:38:49 PM »
nice cab you got. For the other cab i think it is a mj moonwalker  :)

thx! btw, i never said i was getting a second cab, just that my arcade radar app went on 8). where should i put the second cab anyway? on the roof of my car? ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 10:18:55 PM »

Hehe, depends on where youre from... the past 2 years while driving through Germany on my way to Holland/EuroCade, I was flashed by a camera... both times I didnt receive a ticket...  ;D

Then Denmark doesn't have an agreement about exchanging tickets. I know Belgium and NL and Germany and DL do. At least I've had a ticket from Belgium one (it took ONE YEAR to get here....hey it was ALL THE WAY from Belgium;)) and my dad once had a ticket from Germany. However, Belgian and German ticket "prices" are a lot more reasonable than ours !!

About RS and your Radar app, it reminds me of the best Dutch pop song ever....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_83psYsoI

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 12:29:40 AM »
Radar Scope is a real unique catch, the 1 st one I saw in Europe. :spaceace:
Played last time in 1984 in Spain. :D

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 08:20:37 AM »
Speed camera's in Germany.......where is this world going......  :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not to mention, video patrols..... Nice fast 5-er  :oops:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:23:48 AM by Laszo »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »
the radar scope hotel roadtrip continues ...

as you'll be noticing soon, the skywalk sign and the red button were NOT hints to anything i'm going to pick up, but they were hints to the location itself, because both pictures were actually taken there!

ladies and gentlemen, my arcade radar app is going nuts, because i'm quickly approaching ...

the infamous "ARCADE HOTEL" ...

... with its lavish swimming pool ...

... and oceanside views!

the last time i was here was a little more than 2 1/2 years ago, a mere week before everything was boarded up and access to the hotel had become impossible. however, over the course of the last few months i've heard rumors that the hotel has opened its doors "to the public" again and because i'm in the vicinity today (a detour of only half an hour), i'm seizing this opportunity to see if those rumors are indeed true!

still as majestic as i remembered it to be, but time and weather have take their toll on the building

the main entrance to the hotel is still boarded up (and nature is slowly but surely taking control of the location), ...

... but some of the doors / boards have been kicked out again, thus allowing access to the building! warning, what you are about to see is not for the faint of heart, the damage meter is extremely high!!!

i'll leave you alone with the following set of pictures

most of the cabs have been damaged in one way or the other, but there are still a few parts that would be salvageable like monitors ...

... or pcbs, but since this is private property you are not allowed to take anything off the premises! 8)

there's even a condom machine in there, ...

... but no need to break it open, because the money it makes is being collected on a daily basis :D :P

it was nice to return to the Arcade Hotel again after such a long time - this place is an adventure indeed! unfortunately, vandalism seems to have reached new heights, so i'm leaving with a somewhat sad impression. i just wished i would have found that place six years ago - and not three! :'(

weather is still nice and warm outside - time to return home

east german beauty :-*

wait a minute, what's that on my arcade radar app? a different point of interest this time ;D

yummy!!!

crossing into western germany across the former inner german border

one last stop before hitting home base to check the damage meter of my car ...

... or better: to check the damage meter ON my car! :o

home at last!

final roadtrip stats :arrow:

one country, four counties, 1095 kilometers, 12 hours 30 minutes on the road - this roadtrip is OFFICIALLY OVER! 

up next: cabinet inspection time - stay tuned ...

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 12:06:47 AM »
I love your road trips even the ones with sad pictures of poor machines being vandalised.