Author Topic: Eurocade 2013 visitors  (Read 80338 times)

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
Re: Eurocade 2013 visitors
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
You might want to add Jochen Hippel (ajhippel) to the visitors list. IIRC he will be there together with Tyrem (Stefan).

we will be four. :) but we won't make it to the screening. we will arrive on saturday evening. so if you guys have plans for dinner let me know. we might be able to join you for that. :)

sunday will be our day at the Eurocade. :)
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2013, 10:50:57 PM »
A personal note......now that I have still time.

Guys.....it is going to happen.

1 more boring day of regular work and our minds (well at least that of the Eurocade crew) will be set to only one thing: make a big success of this venture we embarked on, over half a year ago.

I don't think you can even imagine the number of e-mails, facebook postings, forum postings we have done in that time. Numerous calls, a couple of face to face meetings and an gigantic stack of TIME went into this.

We have done it with a lot of love !

The man who should be mentioned and thanked first of all of us is Gyruss, or Poppe, or Pieter. He has been through a lot to get this of the ground and sometimes I was really glad I was not in his shoes.

He was the middle man between all parties, Sound & Vision, Eurocade, Retroludix, Chris-the-art-work-man, Magixbuttons and Nozomi and thus got all the sh.... and still managed to keep being a nice guy  ;D ;D

I haven't been the easiest guy for him either sometimes. Sorry for that Pieter !
But it was always with the success of RGE in mind. And we always stayed the best of friends, I even think we grew in that way.

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed their part already, in whichever way or form. Without all your help, this wouldn't have been possible !!

I personally believe that this is a unique event in the history of our country, maybe in Europe.
Never has such a fine collection of classic arcade video games been brought together at one spot, available for the public to play and enjoy them all.

I am very proud to be on the Eurocade crew, a bunch of varied guys with each his talents that contribute to this mad idea we made real.

I can't spend time on-line much tomorrow. Friday I will be TOTALLY off-line, like the most of us, so if you still have to say or ask anything, do it ASAP so we can handle it.

All info should be on www.eurocade.eu for your trip.

Those who will bring cabs will still get an e-mail with final information tomorrow.

Drive safely, can't wait to see you all !

Oh, and one more thing: GAME ON !!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2013, 10:56:59 PM »
yes guys, only 2 days left and it's on like Donkey Kong!!!  ;D

Looking forward meeting and working with all you great arcade lovers... we are going to show what Arcadelifestyle is all about!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 11:01:09 PM by gyruss »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2013, 11:08:30 PM »
Nothing much to add, but i also am happy that everyone gives his /her best in his or her way to make this a succes !

Thanks all !

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2013, 11:38:12 PM »
I really look forward to the weekend, I'm really curious about the number of people that will come. I hope it will be busy, but I also hope it will still be possible to play on the cabs with so many people being there.

After all, it's not that often you get to play these games......

But what ever happens, this will be a amazing advertisement for the hobby. And I like the idea that dozens of people will be playing my MK2.

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2013, 07:22:09 AM »
HEAR HEAR!

:spaceace: :spaceace:

The guys that can´t make it for one or other reason, really miss out on something great.

FAR OUT.  :D
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:32:52 AM by ckong »

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2013, 08:56:13 AM »
i've convinced my wife to come :-) but is there a place inside (like a canteen) for warming food and feeding  a 1 year old baby ?

thanks

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2013, 09:10:41 AM »
Jörg, that's bad, I was really looking forward to play the Video Pinball  :'(

What chassis is in there? Maybe someone has a replacement for the event :)

To be honest...I was a little disappointed that we should bring Bishi Bashi (which is a great and fun game) instead of an old original but I understand why you wanted it. Sop I'm glad we can at least bring the Star Castle-cocktail with a unique (and very retro-style mounting plate with chairs) :)  We attached the artwork yesterday. IMHO it looks far too modern for the game/table but it will do the job...people know what game they are playing ;)

see ya!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2013, 09:16:35 AM »
i've convinced my wife to come :-) but is there a place inside (like a canteen) for warming food and feeding  a 1 year old baby ?

thanks

PM send

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2013, 10:36:32 AM »

To be honest...I was a little disappointed that we should bring Bishi Bashi (which is a great and fun game) instead of an old original but I understand why you wanted it.

The Retro game Experience is all about showing the visitors The Gaming History from the early days up to the year 2000, consoles and arcade games. We do not specifically aim at the real golden oldies from the early eighties, although they take a good chunk of the games that are there, fortunately. And there will be lots of visitors who only gamed in the late eighties and nineties and we want to please them also. That is why Bishi Bashi is totally in place.  :) , like MK2, 'modern' fighters, etc.

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2013, 02:38:20 PM »
The Norwegian delegation is preparing! Hope to see some of you guys tomorrow!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Currently looking for an original Wonderboy PCB.

PunkRockCaveman

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 12, 2013, 06:13:00 PM »
The Cavemans will be there tomorrow too! Waht is the best time to arrive tomorrow? Till when or since when can cabs be unloaded at the venue?

Love

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 12, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
Please put a friend and me on the list also. For the movie on saturday too! Ulf and Thomas. :)

On a side note. Anyone going from Amsterdam to Hilversum on Saturday and could give us a lift?
Looking for a container. Doesn't matter if full or empty. Doesn't matter if working or complete ... And all things Exidy!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2013, 07:00:47 PM »
Please put a friend and me on the list also. For the movie on saturday too! Ulf and Thomas. :)

On a side note. Anyone going from Amsterdam to Hilversum on Saturday and could give us a lift?

Great thomas that you can make it. I will put you and your friend on the guest list. Please PM me your arrival details (time and place), maybe we can work something out. No promises though.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 12, 2013, 07:02:56 PM »
The Cavemans will be there tomorrow too! Waht is the best time to arrive tomorrow? Till when or since when can cabs be unloaded at the venue?

That is great, you can come all day, give a call just before you arrive.

It appears that Friday night is already going to be a great bar night!!  ;D