Author Topic: Hail to Galaxian... by Namco!  (Read 138901 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Hail to Galaxian... by Namco!
« Reply #165 on: September 03, 2014, 12:44:43 AM »
Great, thanks !!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2014, 07:04:09 AM »
one helps the other, now we can use the english in the translator and see the other it the characters mach  ;)  ;D

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2014, 10:28:38 PM »

Sir´s,

what all do you want to photographed? I was at my friends house where the Galaxian is and we decided to unwrap it.

Since he is a professional photographer he can make images of everything you want to see.

BTW...where is the On/Off-switch on that cab????
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 03, 2014, 10:40:34 PM »
I would like straight pictures of decals to add to my webstore in arcade decals, so pics with dimentions would be super.

Thanks  8)

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 03, 2014, 11:29:43 PM »
The on/off switch is inside the cabinet on the board with the transformer/fuses.  Why?  No idea  :lol:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #170 on: September 03, 2014, 11:35:13 PM »
The on/off switch is inside the cabinet on the board with the transformer/fuses.  Why?  No idea  :lol:

I actually expected that to be so since I do remember I saw a switch there. Fine with me, I never use the "external" switches on my cabs anyway...I got central switches in my game room :)

So I can move the ugly one from mine they hacked in :)

Yes we need pictures of -everything- Synonym9....we are picture horny guys and .....mine is pretty damn hacked. It even has two monitor chassis inside !
I hope yours is in (more) original condition so I can use them as a guid for my restoration when I start that as soon as I become a pensioner..... ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2014, 11:32:36 PM »
So...that box that was sent by my aunt also contained two rolls of green T-molding.

Since I had no idea which color would "work out" I ordered two colors of green....

To be 100% clear: the original is on the left side.
Pretty clear that the one on the right is not the right color. The other might not be 100% prefect but it's pretty damn freaking close, and the old stuff is....well old....so...

Of course neither are flat. This is a big point, but the chance on flat T-molding (like happened with the Donkey Kong stuff) in green is probably less then winning the lottery I think I'll have to live with it.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2014, 11:36:52 PM »
Size difference: original (15mm, or 5/8") on top, 3/4" below.

The GOOD news is that the 3/4" barb actually (easily) fits in the groove. It wouldn't even surprise me if I have to use some glue to keep it in....but I'm already happy that I won't have to router anything (something I've never done yet).

By the way, it looks like the original T-molding is glued...impossible to get it out now....gonna be fun.... ::)

I heard that Etienne McGyver had a great tool to cut-off any excess T-molding so I'd love to give that a try :):):)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:39:03 PM by Level42 »

synonym9

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2014, 11:53:14 PM »

I actually expected that to be so since I do remember I saw a switch there. Fine with me, I never use the "external" switches on my cabs anyway...I got central switches in my game room :)

So I can move the ugly one from mine they hacked in :)

Yes we need pictures of -everything- Synonym9....we are picture horny guys and .....mine is pretty damn hacked. It even has two monitor chassis inside !
I hope yours is in (more) original condition so I can use them as a guid for my restoration when I start that as soon as I become a pensioner..... ;)

Andre

you get ANY information you want/need. I am sure that my Cab is totally stock condition as there are only 3 hacked games and you recognize them on the gambling-related squared buttons.

No matter if it was

Atari Asteroids

Stern´s Berzerk

or Zaccaria Astro Wars

, they always used that squared buttons.

I think they have got lots of that Novomatic Star-Line-cabinets, so they stopped hacking dedicated cabinets. Also they  started in the gambling-business....so it looks like they did not care for the arcade games anylonger.

My e-mail is hannes.slanec@gmail.com and you find me by Hannes Slanec on Facebook.

drop me a line for what ever you want to see and I will deliver. Images, inside-vidoes....you name it - I make it.

The only thing is: It is at my friends Thomas garage and will stay there until I have picked every single game from the vendor up to the EM-machines and the Hang-On Bike....but after that my time is yours!  ;)
I have a dream....that one day....all members of forum are the same....no matter how long ago they have joined, how many games they own or how many posts they wrote ;)

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2014, 06:49:16 AM »
That green in the middle is damn close to the original. The replacement molding for the Journey is more like the green on the right  :-\
But there is no other.

Install it and be happy! :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2014, 08:19:35 AM »
When i saw both colors at EC14, i already saw that the poison green was the one that was the closest match.

the other is darker and looks dull.

anyway, i'll drop that tool soon at your place, and try it on a scrap piece of t-moulding before cutting the real stuff  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2015, 12:42:28 AM »
Had to take some pics of the original joystick.....well what's left of it or....the pars that I still have here...Etienne has the rest as you've seen :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:01 AM »
2nd pic is the Bally-Midway 2-way Galaxian joystick for comparison.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2015, 12:44:36 AM »
Button. I think it's the same shape as Nintendo buttons.

The original joystick ball top did not survive....and it is clear where it broke....

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2015, 10:07:30 AM »
I gave you the "swivelblock" and extracted broken piece back during EC14  ;)

I only have your Bezel here.