Author Topic: Sega Multi Cab: Mega-tech System  (Read 23498 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Sega Multi Cab: Mega-tech System
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 08:06:56 PM »
already noticed them, but waaay too much money.

polderarcade

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 11:47:23 AM »
Great cab thats one that is also on my wish list.
I love megadrive games
Maby this is interesting for you

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?35696-Everdrive-on-Mega-Tech-arcade-motherboard

if I understand it it’s possible to build your own adaptor bud because I don’t own a mega tech yet I didn’t try it my zelf

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 01:28:00 PM »
Never seen one of this machines before: really nice catch!  :spaceace:
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:25 PM »
Very nice Pieter, never seen that cab before, but I like it a lot.

carlo3do

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »
very nice catch i use to play chameleon kid on this cab  :spaceace:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 11:51:05 AM »
Very nice Pieter, never seen that cab before, but I like it a lot.

it comes with 2 player tetris, versus and cooperation mode, seems perfect for you know who..  ;D ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 12:20:45 PM »
Yep, woulf be ideal for me.  :)

I guess that I will go and try to find me such a cab also.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 12:39:45 PM »
it comes with a pretty interesting story:

Tetris is a 1988 Sega System 16 game developed and published by Sega. It was licensed from Atari Games (credited as Tengen) and Mirrorsoft, who held the rights to produce Tetris arcade games at the time. A less powerful version was also released for Sega System E hardware. Both versions are unrelated to Atari's arcade version, released in the same year under the same name.

Sega attempted to port the game to the Sega Mega Drive, however sales were blocked by Nintendo who owned the home console rights to the franchise (they had taken Atari's home console division, Tengen to court over a similar incident on the NES). As such, only about 10 cartridges were produced, all of which were only released in Japan. This version is now a rare collector's item, being sold in auctions for up to US$16000. Because Nintendo had no authority over the arcade versions, the Sega Mega Drive port was brought to Mega-Tech hardware in 1989

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 02:29:42 PM »
I love it, It looks small, like a story display station.  and Sonic The Hedgehog is a super bounus!!!  ;D

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »
i replaced the bad micro switches with new ones, all the controls are working again..   :D

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 09:06:44 AM »
it comes with a pretty interesting story:

Tetris is a 1988 Sega System 16 game developed and published by Sega. It was licensed from Atari Games (credited as Tengen) and Mirrorsoft, who held the rights to produce Tetris arcade games at the time. A less powerful version was also released for Sega System E hardware. Both versions are unrelated to Atari's arcade version, released in the same year under the same name.

Sega attempted to port the game to the Sega Mega Drive, however sales were blocked by Nintendo who owned the home console rights to the franchise (they had taken Atari's home console division, Tengen to court over a similar incident on the NES). As such, only about 10 cartridges were produced, all of which were only released in Japan. This version is now a rare collector's item, being sold in auctions for up to US$16000. Because Nintendo had no authority over the arcade versions, the Sega Mega Drive port was brought to Mega-Tech hardware in 1989

another story , one lucky guy who already own a Tetris Megadrive, has succeeded to make it signed by Alexey Pajitnov  :-*
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?17291-The-confirmation-of-the-Megadrive-Tetris
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 09:23:26 AM by kroustibat »

akira230

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
Hi here akira230,

i bought a megatech cabinet and it doesn't work because the power switch regulator wasn't installed ( the black box inside the cabinet behind the "caution high voltage panel).
I bought this switch regulator but i don't know how to connect the wires correctly. I have 8 wires to connect.
My question: Is it possible, that  someone  can send me an detailed Photo from the Frontsite of the switch regulator (the side where the wires are connected), so i can connect the wires correctly.

Thank's and best regards
akira230

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile