Author Topic: Roadtrip time tomorrow.......Fluke 9100A system catch  (Read 35600 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Roadtrip time tomorrow.......Fluke 9100A system catch
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:28:40 PM »
....but what will it be ?

About 6 hours back and home.....but I stay within our borders.....
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:50:36 PM by Level42 »

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Roadtrip time tomorrow.......
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:32:54 PM »
mmmm, is it a driving game?

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 09:38:23 PM »
Asteroids!!!!1
Missile Command...!!!11??
muh..?
m..?

Anyway, be safe on the roads (without sounding like my mother)  :spaceace:

Ohh!!!! - after the -EDIT-

Ice Cole Beer!!!! - or a clone!!!!....
(im going there now to have a quick game in my ICB  ;D) thanks for bumping that into my head! :spaceace:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 09:42:22 PM by Muerto »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »
Posted in the "Technical Area"? Mhhhh, a road trip for a special tool maybe? Anyway, have a safe trip  ;)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 11:24:51 PM »
mæh - after reading Brunos post, maby a trip after some Muter hardware??!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 11:32:59 PM »
Bruno is on the right track...:) Indeed there is a reason for this to be in the tech area....

Oh and I've owned and sold a MC but you know that very well Michael :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »
OK, yesterday was road trip time, let's go !

Nice "survival" bag...

Untitled by Level_42, on Flickr

260 km. to drive, that is a pretty long trip within our small country...

And here's the reason: Im heading for the far north east of our country, while I live more or less in the South-west.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 10:52:21 AM »
The weather is not ideal.....but it's nothing like Sandy.....anyone said this road tip needed a windmill picture ?  ;D

No problems on the road and making fast progress....the first Frysian lakes appear.....much nicer when the sun shines:

Heading to Groningen city. But the end destination is even further east: Sappemeer. It's one of those places you learned at school and then forgot about.....well not really, we have a customer there :)

Well, since I am in Fryslan now it's time for a Frysian snack :)

The people here live on a huge natural gas "bubble", here's a tower to get it out of the ground:

Reached the destination without troubles. The seller is nice guy. He tells me that the stuff was initially owned by Geveke Electronics (now Getronics). Interestingly I remember that they used to do repairs for Atari homecomputers BITD.
When I tell what I plan to do with the stuff he tells me he had actually offered the stuff to John's Jukes but the shipping cost was a bit too high and John already has a lot of this stuff...
Anyway, lets load up everything in the car:

Oh, ah I forgot to tell what "the stuff" is :)
It consists basically of two Fluke 9100a systems, well the 2nd unit is a 9105. With these systems it's possible to examine PCBs based an various processor types.
The system consists of the main unit (the PC like box). To this you connect a "pod". This is an interface that is different for every kind of processor. So there is a pod for Z80, for 6502 etc. You remove the processor from the PCB and connect the pod to the socket. Now you can various tests to check the hardware.

I got very lucky because one of the systems has a video card and a dedicated external keyboard. Both are pretty hard to find I learned. This makes this system a "programmer" system which enables me to make scripts for running various checks on various PCBs.  Well..that is when I've learned to :)

So let's get back home. I decided taking the same route would be a bit too boring so I chose another route, a bit more eastwards.
Very near the seller's place I see this.....did they move the Atomium from Brussels to here ?
I bet it's a natural gas atom ?

This route goes through the Veluwe, one of our nicest regions, the weather improves a bit..

Amazingly, my wife included this in my lunch bag :) Bruno must be happy to see this ;) I am not a big fan but well, I can use a bite now....

And again I know why I don't like them. When you bite it, the grease poors out....I really don't like it. There is also barely a meat taste.....I wonder how much really is meat in there. I finish this one, but the others are safe for me, no Bifi's for at least another 5 years for me :)

Back in Zuid-Holland and the weather improves a lot, nice clouds in the sky

The Brienenoord bridge, Rotterdam. I must have crossed this at least 100.000 times. It means Im almost home

Statistics time. Almost 5 hours incl. picking up and one stop for Diesel....

Unloaded the stuff: now the sorting can begin :)

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:56:23 AM by Level42 »

Robinholland

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 12:43:57 PM »
Nice  :)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 04:34:37 PM »
Nice stuff, can't wait to see it running on an usual André youtube video. ;D

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 04:36:48 PM »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 05:10:28 PM »
I'll have to learn to use it first Bela, or else I will look kinda foolish :)

I have powered up both systems. The 9100a boots up fine. It has the latest software installed V6.1 and 4 Mb Ram on board (that was a lot then ;))\
The SCSI hard disk works great too ;)

I thought i could test the pods but it looks you need to hook up a UUT (Unit Under Test, in other words, a PCB that is running on the corresponding processor.)

There are no Fluke 9100a videos on youtube, but there are some videos with the Fluke 9010, the older version of this tester, like this: http://youtu.be/dA1RbmX8mEE

This gives you a global idea of what they can do.

The 9105 has some problems, it runs but seems to crash every now and then. And it needs to boot up from floppies. I have 51 floppies that came with the system, many of them original Fluke disks but I'll have to sort them and test them and if possible make images. The only system I have a floppy drive on still is my Atari ST, which is actually not bad at all because this maybe the best system to do this task. The ST's floppy system is compatible with the PC system but it was a lot more flexible. I have some great tools to work with them in any strange format you can think of....only problem is to get the images from the ST to a current system :)

Been mailing with some guys about these systems and it looks like there is no current reliable V6.1 image available, and I found 2 complete floppy sets so I maybe able to help out ....if the floppies are still readable of course :)

Pretty cool to have this stuff. I think BITD these systems incl. the pods etc. cost the price of a car....

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 05:33:55 PM »
Well, we also think that it is cool that you have this stuff and that you learn how to work with it.  :D  ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 06:50:54 PM »
Great road trip, André!  ;) ... and very nice stuff! Can't wait to see all of that 'in action'! Hope you'll master it soon!

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 07:16:59 PM »
I'll have to learn to use it first Bela, or else I will look kinda foolish :)

I have powered up both systems. The 9100a boots up fine. It has the latest software installed V6.1 and 4 Mb Ram on board (that was a lot then ;))\
The SCSI hard disk works great too ;)

I thought i could test the pods but it looks you need to hook up a UUT (Unit Under Test, in other words, a PCB that is running on the corresponding processor.)

There are no Fluke 9100a videos on youtube, but there are some videos with the Fluke 9010, the older version of this tester, like this: http://youtu.be/dA1RbmX8mEE

This gives you a global idea of what they can do.

The 9105 has some problems, it runs but seems to crash every now and then. And it needs to boot up from floppies. I have 51 floppies that came with the system, many of them original Fluke disks but I'll have to sort them and test them and if possible make images. The only system I have a floppy drive on still is my Atari ST, which is actually not bad at all because this maybe the best system to do this task. The ST's floppy system is compatible with the PC system but it was a lot more flexible. I have some great tools to work with them in any strange format you can think of....only problem is to get the images from the ST to a current system :)

Been mailing with some guys about these systems and it looks like there is no current reliable V6.1 image available, and I found 2 complete floppy sets so I maybe able to help out ....if the floppies are still readable of course :)

Pretty cool to have this stuff. I think BITD these systems incl. the pods etc. cost the price of a car....

Great! I wish i had your skills! Anyway, i have a non working Punch Out pcb... ::)