Author Topic: :: Nintendo's Sheriff : Wanted - Dead Or Alive... *Far West RoadTrip inside*  (Read 85328 times)

Chuckie egg

• Nintendo arcade
    • View Profile
I can't really see from the pictures Bruno,But it's in ametal box like the cocktail machines .
It must be a Sanyo like the cocktails have.
Can you see the make of it ?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
OK, I think it'll be more easy to identify that monitor with more pictures. Will do soon.

Meanwhile, let's examine the control panel... yes... cracks in the cpo... but also the famous 3in1 'joystick/spinner/push button', and its missing knob  :-\  :arrow:

It's the first time I examine the back of the panel... what the hell these fours screws are 'empty' (green arrows)??  :arrow:

Damn it! ...the current 'joystick/spiner...' mechanism couldn't be the original one after all? If so, not sure if a such 'custom' hardware could be used in other games? So why an other company would built a such specific hardware? Or maybe that one would fit on the bandido panel version?

Anyway... call me mister lucky guy today ... 'coz among the parts I've received in my last package... there is ... drum roll... THE ORIGINAL NINTENDO 3in1 'joystick/spinner/push button' hardware!!!

As you can see, it perfectly fits the 4 'built in' screws from this panel. Note in red the holes done to attach the one I've just removed (laying on the right from the picture).

While I'm working on the panel, I got from the previous owner a 'Nintendo Control Panel' bolt set, in order the replace them... but ... I prefer to keep the original ones... yes... even those slightly and even strongly rusted!

Same idea with the cracks on the panel... It's sooo authentic and so matching the good old fashion 'cow boy' style!  :-*  Broken & damaged naturally! I love this more & more!  :P

Oh, of course some cleaning here & there... it's dirty as hell inside...

Except to fix the brightness problem on the monitor, there's nothing more to do on this cabinet... except playing it of course! :)  :arrow:

:spaceace:

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
Cool artwork on the cpo and bezel, great job on the controls. ;)

Chuckie egg

• Nintendo arcade
    • View Profile
That's really  interesting I can't believe you managed to find another control nob mechanism
The buttons and monitor look so similar to what they used on the early cocktail machines .

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Same idea with the cracks on the panel... It's sooo authentic and so matching the good old fashion 'cow boy' style!  :-*  Broken & damaged naturally! I love this more & more!  :P

i hope i'm not offending you, bruno, but a few years ago you would have fixed those damages in a heartbeat. rusted screws were a no-go, damaged control panel - let's fix it. and now: broken and damaged :arrow: bruno loves it! face it, you're getting lazy with age, bruno :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
Well, I wouldn't say 'lazy' 'coz I'm still putting a lot of energy & as much time as possible in various projects.
I'm more & more fan of antiques objects... When you show them, they gives you instantly a story. Example :

...these items wouldn't have the same charm if they were looking brand new after a full repaint... especially when you know they are old!
I wouldn't care too much if that lamp uses a 'modern' bulb for example  ;)

Have a look at this show tv : SALVAGE HUNTERS ... I more & more choosing that way to restore cabinets  8)

For the sheriff, I *may* replace the broken CPO, but there's absolutely nothing else to do on it.
In this case, the rusted screws perfectly match the 'cow boy' style of the cabinet. But I wouldn't left rusted screws on every cabinets of course...  ;)
In addition, that cabinet is so rare... let's preserve it as original as possible.

I use to think 'restoring' is a balance to find for each object : what will be fixed/replaced and what will be left 'as is'... and because we have all our point of view, we probably do the things differently...

Enough blabla... let me demonstrate you how great this cabinet looks now  :-*  :arrow:

...what???  the neighbor put a new garden fencing?

Naaaa... it's just I wanted to picture my oriental flowering cherry. I only have few days per year to take pictures of it!  :P  :arrow:

Here we go...

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
The more picture I see from your Nintendo cabintes, the more I fall in love with them. :D
I have to resist, Zaccs only. :D
This one looks beautiful, especially with the cherry blossom surrounding. :spaceace:

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
 :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

got to agree with bruno, the rusty screws fit the theme of the cab perfectly.. i love it!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
I've mentioned it plenty of times before but I L-O-V-E that machine. The artwork is so brilliant, the fake wood looks so realisitc and you can already see Miyamoto's hand in the art.

I regret SO much missing the one for sale in Austria when I just started the hobby..... :'(

Fantastic pictures !

I use to think 'restoring' is a balance to find for each object : what will be fixed/replaced and what will be left 'as is'... and because we have all our point of view, we probably do the things differently...

Amen. Sometimes you (need to) go for a full restore, sometimes not. I love both, it is indeed a case-by-case decision and I think most of us go through the "phases" of first wanting to restore everything to new and then accepting more original parts that may not look perfect but add character.

Chuckie egg

• Nintendo arcade
    • View Profile
Fantastic pics
It's a balance restoring
It's all about preservation, save as much of the original as you can.
But I don't like rust and I don't like rot
Because that can eat away at a rare cab
I think you've done the right thing with this cab
But maybe the screws need cleaning up
Great job and I am extremely envious
Thank you so much for sharing

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
i've said it before as well: this cabinet is a piece of art - hopefully i'll be able to find one myself one day ...

you got really REALLY lucky on finding the missing (and working) parts, bruno, congratulations. this cabinet needs to be displayed with its original components!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
lovely cab, great restore, thanks for this :spaceace: :spaceace:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
There's a new sherrif in town, and its name is Bruno  ;D

Great machine !

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Love it!!!  :-* :-* :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
As promised, here's the (1080 HD) video :

Yeah yeah, still have to fix the monitor... but that will give you an idea about the game, and the famous 'rotary/push pull/spinner/whatever..' control in action!  :)