Author Topic: Going home....  (Read 24562 times)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Going home....
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Sitting in Gatwick airport, waiting to leave England for the last time (for now)
Cant wait to get back home, unpack, paint etc. And when the time comes get The Shed up and running again... :)

Donkey

• View Profile
    • Killscreen - danish arcade/pinball news blog
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2012, 07:33:12 PM »
Did someone say Open Shed part II? :)
I need a Berzerk! Hook me up :)

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 08:41:59 PM »
Did someone say Open Shed part II? :)

Of course....

Did someone say 40 foot container?.. :D

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »
when does it turn up? pictures!!

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 09:07:45 PM »
I am waiting for your Punch-out!! best-score  ;)
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 08:08:12 AM »
Pictures will come, but havent got time to do it yet, the Container will be here Friday'ish...

Punch-Out!! Is all ready in The Shed..  :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2012, 08:28:40 AM »
Safe trip back, buddy!
Your furnitures were a little bit less well protected than your cabs  ;)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2012, 03:15:12 PM »
Welcome back in 'Europe' dude!  :)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:02:10 PM by DarthNuno »

simplesi

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »
The UK is in Europe!  ???  ;D

Although we would have you think otherwise!  :P

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 05:34:18 PM »
Yeah, its always funny how UK folks talk about Europe as if the UK isn't part of it.....

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2012, 09:03:38 PM »
Finally.... the container arrived today (!) -  at one point i thought the move would never happen!!!  :ghost:
Let´s go back in time to the 7th. of June - everything was set for loading the container Monday the 9th of July, at 9am, and 3 hours forward..., this date was repeatedly confirmed in a couple of mails with the shipping company afterwards, so everything was planned after this. People was coming to help us load the container, even friends from Denmark was coming over to help us, and the plane tickets to Denmark for Monday evening was booked...... Fast forward to the 2nd of July... I receive a mail from the shipping company that the carrier was not able to help us Monday, but he could do it Tuesday..... I called the shipping company and explained that everything was planned around this date and time of the day, so we could not do it Tuesday - because we where out of the country - but they replied that these things happen, but they would try to get an alternative... So, Monday went, Tuesday went, and Wednesday almost went when they mailed back that they have two options 1. they had found one that could do it on Monday, but the price for the move had gone up... (!) - 2. they had a 2nd one that had done these things before, but the boss was in a meting, and he had to approve if they where going to do it.... - I must say that waiting these 3 days for this was not nice... not one bit! - but, luckily the 2nd option was approved by the boss, and even better, instead of a artic-trailer, this was a 40 foot container!
I asked what the time frame for shipping the container to Denmark was, and they said that if it left Monday the 9th, it would be at my house Friday the 13th.... hmmmm, then it turned out that the container had missed the ferry on Monday the 9th, so instead of being here on Friday the 13th, it would be here Monday the 23rd (!!!!!!) - and what pisses me of the most is, I had to contact the shipping company every time to get an update, that´s not how you treat a costumer!.... but anyway, our stuff arrived safely to my house today, took a couple of photos of the arcade unloading - and this was very easy compared to loading in England where 4 guys lifted the heavy cabs up in the container!!!!

MC unloaded  :D

MC on the forklift, and QQ is on it´s way to The Shed

Guess which cab  :D

And the heaviest cab of them all was a piece of cake this time ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2012, 09:51:26 PM »
yeah, those shipping companies have never heard of something like ´the client is king´ and customer service is a complete unknown concept for them, I know that from own experience.

But in the end you got your stuff safely and in one piece to your homeland back again. Congratulations Michael, now it´s time to get settled again, and take some rest for your next international journey, to ......  Eurocade!  :D

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2012, 10:15:12 PM »
"Use the fork, Luke" ;)
Awfully stressful times but everything worked out in the end, really glad for you!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2012, 10:20:07 PM »
In the end you got your stuff undamaged, think like it that that is the most important, and that its behind you  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2012, 10:35:18 PM »
yeah, those shipping companies have never heard of something like ´the client is king´ and customer service is a complete unknown concept for them, I know that from own experience.

Not defending them, but this is just one container and that's a lot of hassle for them for just a little bit of profit. I know how it works in that business, my dad worked in arranging world wide transports about his whole life (f.i. moving 1200 tractors from the John Deere factory in Karlsruhe to several countries in the middle-east) and ended as head of the Dutch office of a big German forwarding company. What I remember was noticing how small the margins were on any transport. For those companies 1 container is a relatively uninteresting job and they know they won't have more containers coming from you.....but it still isnt decent I know.