Author Topic: ArcadeLifeStyle in 1991 starring Barry (Sonic) !!!  (Read 7091 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
ArcadeLifeStyle in 1991 starring Barry (Sonic) !!!
« on: March 17, 2008, 07:08:39 PM »

First of all, have a look at this video  :arrow:

All the details bay Sonic himself :

Hey Bruno!!  Yes, LOL  That is me with my Dragon's Lair back in 1991.. Notice my funny hair? Note from Bruno : Yes, I did  ;D ;D ;D  LOL  :lol:   

I started going through all my home videos looking for any videogame related clips..

I just got the Dragon's Lair  that month.. (Summer 1991)  The cabinet was in barely o.k. condition.. no side art and running on a Pioneer PR-7820, which by the way cost me back then 600.00 to restore!!!!!  I didn't like the shabby condition of the game, and since it was particleboard, I paid my neighbor next door to build me a duplicate cabinet, I thought it would look cool having an "unfinished wood look"  Which is why my game looks like it does.  (remember, this was 1991, no eBay, no Arcade Renovations, everything was legwork, and I couldn't find any other parts.)

The Pioneer PR-7820 started giving me trouble in 1995,  I contacted Pioneer, and they suggested finding the LDV-1000, and referred me to someone who had a bunch in stock. (used)  So I got 2 of them, had them restored to new condition, and that is what is currently running my DL!...  I do have a High Tech card just in case...  :)   

If the possiblity comes my way, I would like to have an original looking properly restored DL as well as a Space Ace, but I'm leaving this DL the way it is, I even made it to where the LD Player slides out on a rolling shelf from the front, rather than the back.

There is also a short funny clip with my sister and myself with my recently acquired Donkey Kong Jr. from 1993, just check the "other videos from Yesterdays92"

Thanks for sharing this video with us Barry... I'm back with you in 1991  :-* :-* :-* And say hi to your sister by the way  :-* She seems to be a Dragon's Lair fan too  :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 07:25:47 PM by DarthNuno »

amadama

• View Profile
Re: ArcadeLifeStyle in 1991 starring Barry (Sonic) !!!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 09:01:15 PM »
Very cool! Thanks for sharing these videos.
Alex

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
Re: ArcadeLifeStyle in 1991 starring Barry (Sonic) !!!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »
Thanks Everyone!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

A Lesson Learned: 

If you have a camcorder or camera, take lots of video/pictures, even if it seems dumb... You never know that the goofy video you took will be your most cherished memory!!  ;)