Author Topic: Greetings form Scotland  (Read 7543 times)

Bomjac

• View Profile
Greetings form Scotland
« on: February 08, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »
Hi folks - Posting to say hello.  Been reading the forums occasionally for the last year or so, but finally got around to signing up last night.  HAve been on Jamma+ and UKVac for about a year or so time though.

Got a few cabs at home, in varying states (The first 3 were at R3play last year)
  • Stargate - Good overall condition, usual scrapes for a 30yo cab, needs a pin renewing due to poor connection overgheating causing resets (tomorrows job)
  • Robotron - Bought this before Christmas, haven't gotten round to transporting it to my own house yet, intend to bring it home at the weekend.  Needs some cosmetic work but otherwise solid enough.
  • Zero Point in a BAS cab
  • 28" Screened BAS Jamma with a PC hooked up for mame goodness
  • 19" BAS Jamma which is to be mamed when I get time

Also have a millipede shell in the garage that I intend to sort out over the spring/summer, but it needs everything apart from a trackball, so a lot of work in it.  Any millipede parts that anyone has spare I would be happy to purchase from you.

simplesi

• View Profile
Re: Greetings form Scotland
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:20:10 PM »
Hey Bomjac! I didn't realise you are from Bonnie Scotland. Welcome! Where abouts are you? I'm in Edinburgh.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 09:41:53 PM »
Hello Bombac, and welcome to this board  :)

Robotron? It's seems that this game is the common point to all collectors living in England! (with Defender & Out Run I would say?)

Oooppss, sorry... you live in Scotland  :P ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »
Hey Bomjac! I didn't realise you are from Bonnie Scotland. Welcome! Where abouts are you? I'm in Edinburgh.

Edinburgh !!! Aaahhhh......MUST visit the tattoo one time..... I'm in a (drum) marching band and we love the Scottish style !

And welcome Bomjac !

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:16:08 PM »
Welcome here bomjac

Bomjac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 10:57:01 PM »
Cheers for the welcome. 

@Si - Im based Newmains, Wishaw (near Glasgow for our continental cousins)
@level42 - My uncle Billy Stevenson was actually Drum Major of Shotts Bon Accord Pipe Band back in the 70's and a former world solo drumming champion before relinquishing his position back to the late, great Alex Duthart (who was quite simply untouchable in the solo drumming stakes, so much so that he retired from the championships to give others a chance of winning).  But if its "marching bands" you want to see make your way across to Dunoon in August for the Cowal Games, or at the risk of inflaming some religious bigotry, get to Belfast for the 12th of July parades.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 11:11:15 PM »
Welcome here, pics please. :D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 11:23:12 PM »
Cheers for the welcome. 

@Si - Im based Newmains, Wishaw (near Glasgow for our continental cousins)
@level42 - My uncle Billy Stevenson was actually Drum Major of Shotts Bon Accord Pipe Band back in the 70's and a former world solo drumming champion before relinquishing his position back to the late, great Alex Duthart (who was quite simply untouchable in the solo drumming stakes, so much so that he retired from the championships to give others a chance of winning).  But if its "marching bands" you want to see make your way across to Dunoon in August for the Cowal Games, or at the risk of inflaming some religious bigotry, get to Belfast for the 12th of July parades.
Wow !! Thanks for the tips. If there would be anyway to hook up our band in one of those events.....that would be a dream ! :P

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 10:49:41 AM »
Hiya!! Welcome to our little paradise!!

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »
Welcome here Bomjac  :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Bomjac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 02:37:57 PM »
Wow !! Thanks for the tips. If there would be anyway to hook up our band in one of those events.....that would be a dream ! :P

You would probably be there as a spectator only.  Cowal games is a Highland games, which also happens to host the biggest gathering of pipe bands outwith the World Championships (usually 1 week before in Glasgow).  The Belfast one consists mainly of "flute bands".  Have a look on youtube for them both.  No harm in dropping the organisers at Cowal a query tho, but the Belfast one would be a no-go as a participant.

Bomjac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:03 AM »
I never did get around to posting any pics of my cabs, so here we go. 

The BAS cab is a monster of a JAMMA cab, made in Birmingham Uk originally I believe.  26" screen, rotatable with some effort and heavy as hell.  This machine is Mame'd at present, but I have never gotten round to fully sorting out the frontend to my satisfaction. - WIP abandoned at present

Stargate needs no introductions.

The millipede that is peeking out at you is nothing other than a shell at present (previously Alpha1's perhaps), although I am hopeful of getting the bits I need in the near future.  The other 2 cabs with their back to you are both BAS cabs, a midi Jamma and Jamma Shooter (Zero Point 2).  Defender was recently aquired, but the buttons need new springs.  Other than that it is in pretty good condition.

And yes I do know i should not store things on top of the cabs, but they are not too heavy and I am in need of the space urgently.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »
Stargate & Defender, hmmmm. impressive! ;)

Arch

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 10:12:23 AM »
Hi and welcome Bomjac! Nice to see you here, mate! Oh, and Stargate. Soon we'll have something in common. ;)
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
Currently looking for an original Wonderboy PCB.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:12:30 AM »
That Stargate looks crisp! :spaceace: