Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands  (Read 267901 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
« Reply #420 on: September 02, 2012, 07:00:25 PM »
Like a captain that leaves the ship as the last man, I just returned home about an hour ago. ;D

Feeling like ready to be picked up with the trash, buy very very happy with Eurocade 2012.

More later.....

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 02, 2012, 07:38:45 PM »

cool picture!!! would it be possible to upload those groupshots you took somewhere (there are more than just the one pictured) for us to download in hi-res? would be awesome!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #422 on: September 02, 2012, 08:06:28 PM »
Yes I definitly would like to receive the original size files ! Great pic !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 02, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »
My warehouse is now hungry for a spacezzzap and a warlords too!
I just whish they made a 4players version of the warlords WITH the cool reflected background.
Etienne, could you do a mini version for next year?  ::) just let the idea grow in you  ;)

Also, who made the pac cupcakes?
I'm drooling just by taping their name here.
I'm hooked!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 02, 2012, 08:20:32 PM »
When i see that picture, and i know we had one last year, i think we need to make a wall like this somewhere  ;)

Every year can be printed and framed.

Lets create a year by year collection of Eurocade Groupfoto's  ::)

You get the idea i think

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 02, 2012, 08:42:19 PM »
I just whish they made a 4players version of the warlords WITH the cool reflected background.
Etienne, could you do a mini version for next year?  ::) just let the idea grow in you  ;)

no reflected background on the cocktail version

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #426 on: September 02, 2012, 09:00:20 PM »
Maybe there's still some room between all the marching band history pictures on the wall in the bar ;)

Chris: the cupcakes were curtesy of my good friend Saskia.

Very nice of her to do this spontaneously, big x from me for that and....she also lent us her tri-pod for the videoing of Aart's WR attempt.

If you like her cupcakes, you should see her serious work.

She made this for my sons' best friend Niels (you've seen him around at Eurocade) birthday:

or this

or this

or maybe even this........NSFW ;)

Here is her website for even much more pictures and for ordering Chris ;);)

www.taartvansas.nl

Taart van Sas = Pie(or is it cake?) by Sas

I've been playing with the idea to ask her to do an arcade cabinet cake.....maybe next year ?

Bomjac

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 02, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »
Literally just got home 2 minutes ago.  I would like to say a huge thank you to all of those involved with putting the event on this year.  It was an honour and a privilege to be there amongst so many cool cabs and people.  And a special thanks to Andre for giving me the chance to play one of my favourite games (Star Wars) for the first time in almost 20 years.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #428 on: September 02, 2012, 09:17:16 PM »
Literally just got home 2 minutes ago.  I would like to say a huge thank you to all of those involved with putting the event on this year.  It was an honour and a privilege to be there amongst so many cool cabs and people.  And a special thanks to Andre for giving me the chance to play one of my favourite games (Star Wars) for the first time in almost 20 years.
That's what this is all about Bomjac !! It is great to see other people enjoy the machines I (we) worked so hard on :)

Pleased to meet you and you beat my hi score (luckily not too much) on the SW so I have a new goal ! :):)

Also, thank you very much for helping me to get a new tweeter for my beloved B&W speakers and a spare one as insurance for the future :):)

Sorry, I missed you when you left or when we left sorry I couldn't say goodbye, thanks for being the first Scot at Eurocade and I really hope you will spread the word in the UK, too few of the guys there make the short and cheap trip here.......cheers !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2012, 10:09:21 PM »

no reflected background on the cocktail version
I know, that's why I suggesting Etienne to custom (mini) build it  ;)
Thanks Andre for the info, the castle is amazing, what a cool birthday for your son!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2012, 10:11:49 PM »
OK.....my official "end of Eurocade 2012" posting:

After Ec2011 I was a bit unsure. Yes, everybody had a great time at 2011's edition, but would people be willing to travel hundreds, sometimes thousands of km's across Europe again after only 1 year.

Obviously, and clearly, there was no need for that uncertainty ! :)

By far the majority of visitors of Ec2011 were here again, and most of them who weren't simply couldn't make it for serious reasons or playing in a band at a friend's wedding.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Apart from that, people started bringing friends and family, which is great ! And of course there were the "new" visitors that we could welcome !

Anyway, a HUGE  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: to all of you, bringing cabinets, traveling from as close as 200 meters (Robin ! ;) ) and as far as Hungary, Italy, Scotland and Denmark ! You guys are all crazy and you guys are all GREAT !

Without you guys Eurocade would be nothing of course ! :)

Then there are the sponsors. For the first time we looked for sponsors and we were both a bit amazed but also very happy to find some companies in this hobby/business prepared to support us !

www.freakshirt.nl
www.arcadeshop.de
www.arcadeforge.de
www.arcadefixit.com
www.beeldengeluid.nl

:spaceace: to you and please support these companies and don't forget to mention Eurocade ;)

Then the "bar crew", Robbert, Ria, Yolanda and Wilma, without them, no drinks, no food....but also, no cleaned up kitchen and toilets after Eurocade. Also everyone who brought drinks etc. : :spaceace:

Next...the Eurocade team:

Robin, thanks for helping "all round"....dragging cabs, getting Galaxian board perfect for Aart and getting the Spy Hunter ready !
Pieter, thanks for all the P&R, finding sponsors and all the amazing other stuff you managed !
Etienne, thanks for the Pong, getting the incredible banner printed (is is really big enough ? ;)), doing the badges, taking care of the videoclips, sound, streaming, gazillian power strips etc. etc. etc. too much to mention !
Erik, thanks for your general support from A to Z, dragging cabs, vacuum cleaning, and hanging curtains, you're an asset to every household ;) And of course for financially managing Eurocade.
Chris: thanks for all your hard work on the Eurocade logo and artwork, it worked out GREAT !

Again, without an incredible team like this, Eurocade would NEVER be possible.

It was an honor of being the host again this year and I think, if people would like, we may be doing it again in 2013...........or 2014 ? ;D

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:19:24 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 02, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »
we may be doing it again in 2013...........or 2014 ? ;D

let me correct that for you: we WILL be doing it again in 2013 ... AND 2014 ;D :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #432 on: September 02, 2012, 10:53:45 PM »
Good !!!... :)

I must say I was able to enjoy Ec2012 even more than '11. It was less hectic and I had a bit more time to actually play some games and chat with people, even though I always feel like missing chatting with a number of people...it's hard to manage that ;)

ONE MORE THING !!!!!!!  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I ALMOST forgot to thank Aart van Vliet for his INCREDIBLE attempt at breaking his own Galaxian World Record !!!

Aart, you are an incredibly nice guy and it was a complete honor to have you do the attempt at Eurocade 2012 !!!
Even though you were not in top-shape physically you managed to pull of an incredible game, only short of about 200k points of reaching your WR.
It was an honor you played on my machine, and a pleasure to set- up everything as good as possible for you, even though I suck at games I know how important "small" things like the response of a button can be. It was quite funny that we both agreed about the response of the fire button before we adjusted it a bit during the practice and test session. I hope you didn't miss too many "doubles" and if so we can work even further on it for your next try.

When handing over the "bezel" you mentioned "....or sooner" when I asked if you would want to give it another try next year.....well, I'd be happy to arrange everything to give it another try. The machine is still here, Robin's PCB also proved itself totally reliable and we now know how to set-up the cameras :) You just say when ! :)

:spaceace:

I just powered on all my games and discovered a nice new Hi score on my Centipede of "only" 250.000 points by a certain "AVV"....mmmmm, who might that be ?? ;)

Luckily, my Berzerk hi-score is still on the top of the list ;)

Can you believe I actually played a game of Centipede AND a game of Lunar Lander ?  I just HAD to ;)

One of the fun things of Eurocade is that I mix up all the games when I put them back in my gameroom.....this is good to give certain games a bit more "attention" again :)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:00:21 PM by Level42 »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 02, 2012, 11:31:48 PM »
A quick (and dark) tour of the Eurocade 201.2 gameroom:
http://youtu.be/6sx2Q424Als
(yes I got a bit excited when I passed my Space Invaders, sorry about the sudden and useless rotation there  ;)).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 11:34:28 PM by chrischris »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #434 on: September 02, 2012, 11:34:17 PM »
Not sure if you guys are interested but we consumed 126 kWh during Ec'12, that's 5 kWh more than '11 so just a small difference. It's only about 25 Euro on the budget ;)

First calculations show we will be making a small plus this year, as promissed this will be invested in Eurocade 2013 ! :)