Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands  (Read 267243 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2012 <<< 1 september 2012, Ridderkerk, The Netherlands
« Reply #405 on: September 02, 2012, 01:10:04 AM »
Back home too. Thank you Ully for driving while I was sipping my Leffe.
My ears are still beeping and bleeping...
I had a blast, maximum space ace to the team and everybody who made this incredible event a success!!
... and no, I'm not selling the Juno First. ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 02, 2012, 02:01:29 AM »
Thanks guys for the nice comments so far. It was great meeting you all, a few for the first time but most of you for the second time or so. And amongst you were quite some good friends, at least I like to think so.

I had a blast today, everything went smooth, the weather was great, the armosphere was very special and the games were fun to play. And you guys rocked. The high score contest on Donkey Kong, delivered a winner, who already collected his price. More info about the results of the contest will soon follow.

There was only one disappointment, when getting back to the hotel at 1.15 am a few of us discovered that the hotelbar was already closed! Bummer.

I wish all of you who are still driving (Muerto), or who will drive back home tomorrow, a safe journey and I hope that we will meet again soon.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 02, 2012, 06:45:41 AM »
Well, decided to pull a "EC11" and drove all the way back, my phone id blocked due to overdraft, because my carrier sucks, so writing this on my labtop in the livingroom, before moving upstairs for a couple of hours of sleep - but this cant ruin anything atm!!!!  :)

Thanks to the EC crew for making this event even better than last year! ... .. . Nighty night!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #408 on: September 02, 2012, 09:52:23 AM »
Just a very short note:

THANKS TO ALL !!!!!!!

Off to the clubhouse for the "dull" part of Eurocade ;)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 02, 2012, 09:55:20 AM »
It was super IMHO!

nice to meet some people from EC11, and ofcourse the people that where here for the first time

I was home around 0:45 and there is a crazy kong in my livingroom now..

Lets see what the wife will say  ;D

Anyway, had a good sleep, and i want to thank everybody for making EC12 for what it was.

not only the crew, but also the visitors, they brought all the great games that where there !

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

ps. glad your are safe home muerto !
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:56:56 AM by Etienne »

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #410 on: September 02, 2012, 10:25:06 AM »
Quote from: Etienne
ps. glad your are safe home muerto !

Yeah, and that after all those ice cold beers!
Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

Arcadegek

• View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 02, 2012, 10:52:40 AM »
Eurocade 2012 Did we enjoyed it?

Yess we did!!

Thanks to everyone!

Regards from ZeeuwsVlaanderen

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #412 on: September 02, 2012, 04:07:05 PM »
Back home.

Thanks a lot to all the Eurocade Crew (with special thanks to Andre), the convention was even better than the 2011 Edition!!!!!!!!!

ChrisChris-> You're righ, Juno First is really a great game, keeo it  :) :)
Have You Played Atari Today ?

PacWhiz

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 02, 2012, 04:33:16 PM »
Super, Super Event (evenement)!!  Hey, you guys should do this every year!  :P

Was great seeing familiar faces again, and meeting some new ones... gonna have to check the list of names and forum usernames again for the who's who of Eurocade  ::)

Thankyou for bringing all your games and thanks to Everyone for (re)creating an amazing Arcade Atmosphere in Ridderkerk!!!  My Brother Quent, my Mom, and Bas also had a great time and a lot of fun, and we really appreciate you letting them join in on this cool experience!

Darnit i forgot to try a few game of Moon Patrol and Berzerk, but at least i got to play Ice Cold Beer for the first time... I wanted to play Mad Planets, which i played in 2008 in Philadelphia, very very cool machine, but it was not switched on...?

And what a simply awesome Eurocade Crew, all the Guys and Girls are!
André + Crew, I really appreciate the invitation, and the opportunity to try to break my current record on your Galaxian machine... it played great once again, it was perfect, but unfortunately i was not ;)
And Thank You Guys once again for the incredible Picture Frame you presented me after my record attempt!!
I was really surprised, flabbergasted  :shock: and very honoured by it, it looks awesome and i was amazed how you got the score in there so quickly lol.  I don't know where to hang it yet, because it's gonna look good everywhere :) 

THANKS!  ;D
~Aart
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:37:07 PM by PacWhiz »

Psykick

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 02, 2012, 04:35:04 PM »
Wow, what a great event again! And indeed better then the year before, apart from the lousy Chinese food, that seemed to be the same or even worse hahaha!

Anyway a big thanks and congratulations to Andre and his league of extraordinary men for pulling this off again and even better!

Thnx for everyone, especially Robin for helping me out with all the boards I had brought, sorting them and taking some home for repair and further investigation.
Thnx to Bencao for bringing all his incredible stuff for an incredible great deal, those SLG's are going to come in sooo handy at our Arcade!

Thnx to Bruno for making me feel like a kindergarten gamer on Galaga! Next year I'm gonna eat your score for breakfast  :twisted: I'm already in training as we speak  :spaceace:

Thnx to Michael for demotivating us to ever play Ice Cold Beer again, or maybe to get one and practice the hell out of it, if we can get our hands on one of course!! I sooo badly want this machine!!

Last to everyone who brought their wonderful cabs to the event (Space Zap is high on my list!)

Too bad that Pacwhiz didn't break his record, but that doesn't make him a lesser hero to me, what an Arcadegod this man is! Not to mention his skills on Pacman, he makes everything look soo easy!

Untill the next!!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 04:37:49 PM by Psykick »

Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 02, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
Also back, thank you all.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 02, 2012, 05:55:23 PM »
Evening everyone, again huge thanks to the organizers for throving the party of the year!

Games wanted after EC12:

Warlords: that was Übercool!! And soooo beautiful!!

Space Zap: comepletely addictive, and youre garenteed a cramp when your game is over!!!! ;D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 02, 2012, 06:05:51 PM »
And Thank You Guys once again for the incredible Picture Frame you presented me after my record attempt!!
I was really surprised, flabbergasted  :shock: and very honoured by it, it looks awesome and i was amazed how you got the score in there so quickly lol.  I don't know where to hang it yet, because it's gonna look good everywhere :)  

You are very welcome Aart !

I think you really deserve this piece.

For the people that was not there to see it live, here a lowres image of what i have send off to the printers and framed it for Aart:

I have made the vector of this galaxian bezel, and i contacted my friend bas from Laforma if he could "create" a monitor in the file and some positioning of the items i gave to him.
(text, picture, arcade font, scanlines for over the monitor part and some buttons)

It came out really nice and after his attempt i combined the numbers that i had separate, and i could paste the score in there.

It was my pleasure to make this possible Aart, and again, you totally deserve it.

Maybe not the world record, but still an amazing accomplishment.

What an awesome gameplay ! just wonderfull !

Congratiolations on your score Aart !

(ofcourse i speak for all the Eurocade crew !!! )
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 06:11:31 PM by Etienne »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 02, 2012, 06:44:15 PM »
just arrived home from eurocade - after travelling 1490 kilometers and almost being killed by that gamecube demopod during unloading...  :P

thx for a fabulous event, guys, perfectly organized and an awesome setup - even better than last year! unfortunately, the mad planets i had brought must have developed an issue during transport (we had to load and unload it three times before setting it up on location which obviously didn't do good to the game). i think there were two winners (gamewise) judging from the games getting played at this year's eurocade: ice cold beer (which fortunately i'm not such a huuuge fan than the rest of you guys) and space zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap: that game really rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and i definitely need to have one, but wait a minute ... ;) 8)

thx again to everyone who made the event possible (again), i wouldn't wanna organize something like that!

and last but not least thx to chris for his hospitality and for being my wingman from belgium to the netherlands and back again. i really enjoy talking to you and moving stuff around in your gameroom! ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 02, 2012, 06:48:50 PM »
and last but not least thx to chris for his hospitality and for being my wingman from belgium to the netherlands and back again. i really enjoy talking to you and moving stuff around in your gameroom! ;D

Fixed that last sentence for you :D (no bad blood Chris  ;) ) :

and last but not least thx to chris for his hospitality and for being my wingman from belgium to the netherlands and back again. i really enjoy talking to you and moving stuff around in your warehouse ;D